off-site accommodation

Mark&Jackie

Earning My Ears
I hope that this is not off-limits but has anyone stayed off-site at DLP?

I need self-catering accommodation for 4 nights in July and Davy Crockett is the only option on-site but it's a lot of money.

I found one company - autoplan holidays - who offer a mobile home on a camp site near Disney (we will have a car). There the accommodation is STG75 per night making it very much cheaper even without the passes which are included with the Disney accommodation.

I'd love to know if anyone has any experience with this company or accommodation in general off-site.

Thanks
Jackie

Well I suppose as nobody's replied this must be a really un-Disney thing to do.

I've looked at and priced all the on-site accommodation and it's all so expensive - does nobody do Disney on a budget?

Jackie

Hey, I hear you. We will be in France this summer and are looking at spending a couple of days at DLP. Our first choice of accomodations would be the Disneyland Hotel. However, after you factor out the cost for tickets and breakfast, when you book a classic package directly with Disney you are paying $400 a night for the hotel!!! We're not shy about spending money at Disney, but I have a hard time paying $400 a night anywhere. I'm wondering if we should just stay in Paris at a hotel convenient to a TGV (or whatever the high speed rail is) and just hop the 10 minute train ride to DLP for the days we want to go. Newport Bay works out to under $200 a night which I consider reasonable so we may just do that, but I agree that DLP seems rather expensive. Maybe if it weren't so expensive the place wouldn't be losing money hand over fist?

Hi!
I just arrived back last night from Paris, last time I stayed off site and this time on.

Last August we decided to stay off site in cheapest hotel in the brochure so we'd have more money to spend while we were there. We stayed at Kyriad Noisiel (sp?) which is about 10 mins away by RER. The RER service is good, very quick and reliable, however it cost us about 24 euros a day to travel in and once we were at the park we were there for the day. Usually about 9am- midnight so the days were very long and tiring.

The difference in cost however was huge, less than £1000 for 6 days offsite compared to £1900 onsite.

However saying that our one regret was that we didn't stay onsite. The hotel was very basic and the room was tiny. It was clean and the food was good but the travelling back and to at midnight wasn't fun with 2 small tired children. I really envied those people strolling back to their hotel through the village.

So this time we decided to brave the cost of a Disney Hotel. The trip we have just returned from was only a short 3 day/2 night break and cost just under £700 to stay at the Hotel Cheyenne which I could recommend whole heartedly. For us it was worth the money, it was great being able to nip back to the hotel and the theming was brilliant. It added a lot of pleasure to the trip.

There are also 3 or 4 other non-Disney hotels which are on the complex which are cheaper but also have the same access to the disney buses around the park (which were great).

So yes the cost is an issue, but I have to say for us it was worth it. If you do decide to stay offite just make sure you are near an RER station or have your own transport!

I hope my rambling were some help, I'm still tired and half asleep and watching my Disney video with one eye whilst typing, lol

Thanks DisCharmed and welcome home. I have to say I'm so envious of all you Brits/Europeans who can get to DLP often.

This for us is only a small part of a larger European trip and as we have 3 other accommodation sites to book cost is important.

We will have a car so the travelling is not the main factor here. I have in fact taken the bull by the horns and booked a mobile home on a campsite about 15 minutes drive from DLP. It's costing me GBP75 a night which is a huge saving on on-site accommodation.

I hear you about the long days but I'm hoping my kids will be so excited that they'll keep going on excess energy!

Jackie
:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!