# of campers on a site?

TWEEDLEDEE2

Earning My Ears
while our trip was definitely good, we had to inquire about the number of campers (rv's) allowed per site. in the 1600 loop we saw 3 sites that had a pop-up behind an rv with a vehicle (suv) in the very front. there were also more in other loops. now the rules are one camper per site but, you can put up a tent with that rv. i inquired about this at the front desk and that is what they said. so, why were these people able to double up on their sites? i told the front that if all these other people are able to do this then i will be planning my next vacation with my sister and her pop-up will be on my site. the person at the desk said they are suppose to be on their own site and will check into it. well, on the day we left there were still people doubled up. i don't feel that this is right. we paid our $78 a nite, but we could have saved half that amount by sharing. i know that if i plan my next vacation with sharing my site in mind, i will get told i can not do it. so, how is this right??:confused:

We have noticed this happening more and more especially on holiday weekends. See my earlier Post

The rules are supposed to be only one camping unit and one motor vehicle per site. In addition, you are permitted to have a small "kids tent" on the site with you. At check in now they are even making you sign a notice on the paperwork acknowledging the rule of only one vehicle per site.

I don't have a clue as to how Disney picks the site that they enforce this rule on. You know the CM see these infractions. Every day they pick up the trash, they pick up the recycle bins, they clean the comfort stations, they service the ice machines, they clean vacated sites. So every day 4 or 5 different CM's see the violations.

In October we were in the 1500 loop and saw one of the security people stop at a site with 2 cars on it and ask the people to move one of the cars. The strange part was that the sites on each side of the one they stopped at also had 2 cars and the one across the loop from them (our neighbor) had 3 cars and the guard said nothing to them. There were people visible on all the sites and why this one site was singled out I don't know.

You are only suppose to have 1 RV/camper unit and they allow you to put a tent on the site also. I've asked about this before and they said that the tent didn't have to be a certain size. As for the cars, I had one of the people emptying the recycling bins com over and put a warning sign on the vehicles. If you have the sign on the car another person won't come by and say anything. I know that it is birght red and says that you are parked illegially and you need to remove one of your vehicles.

How did they get the RV, SUV and Popup through the original check-in process? The CM's must've known what was going on from the start.

If the RV towed the popup, could another family member drive the SUV and park it at the site for daily transportation?

Were they over the allowed person-per-site?

How did they get the RV, SUV and Popup through the original check-in process? The CM's must've known what was going on from the start.
You can get in a second rig without the CM's knowing anything. After the RV checks in and gets their gate keys they can meet in the parking lot and use the key to just drive through the gate. As for just getting in a second vehicle how many times have you seen 2 cars go through the gates at a time. Almost every time we have been there and going back in the campground after being out a car will follow us in through the gate. I am sure that most of them have keys and just don't want to wait and use their key but you never know. However, it is plain as day after they set up camp. I have a friend that camps at FW regularly and he is a "junior" His parents will come over and visit them for an afternoon and his father will just go in the front desk and give his name, show his ID and say he lost his key. The CMs at the front desk will just make him a new one and they can drive in to the site. There are a lot of ways to sneak in but you can't hide once you are there. I just don't understand why they let them stay after they find them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter