Odd Amazon Prime Now Experience

rg35

DIS Veteran
Just got back from 4 days at Cabana Bay and 1.5 weeks at Old Key West. It was a wonderful trip.

When we got to OKW I realized that I forgot to pack detergent so I figured I would try Prime Now . We also needed some other misc. items and I didn't want to spend time going to Publix, so I gave it a shot because we had a pretty full schedule planned those first few days at Disney.

I placed our order and selected a delivery window at 8-10 AM the next day. We were out at the parks and I got a text saying it was delivered.

I went to bell services that night to get the package, and they directed me to the front desk. The front desk could not find the delivery, and she even went back to bell services to look for it there as well. Since they couldn't find it, they offered to have me to go the General Store and buy the items I needed and said they would remove the charges, which was nice of them.

Instead of doing that, I called up Amazon and said the package was missing. The CSR noted that the delivery person only put down "left in secure location" in the notes. Even though the pin was dropped at OKW, the package was seemingly gone. Amazon refunded me for the order and I just bought one of the small boxes of powdered detergent they sell in the store.

Well, lo and behold, we get a call from bell services the next evening at 11:30 PM saying they have my detergent and other items, did we want them now or the next day?

First, we were super pissed that they called us at 11:30 at night. We had been asleep for about 90 minutes at that point because we had a theme park morning the next day. I am not sure why on earth they would have done this - it just seems like pretty poor decision making. Secondly, I wonder where my package was for two days that it just happened to show up at bell services.

I wonder if it was delivered to the wrong resort? And then sent to OKW?

Yeah, calling at 11:30 pm is odd because most people would assume guests would be asleep.

I wonder if it was delivered to the wrong resort? And then sent to OKW?

That's what I thought (or maybe that it was sent to the distribution center by mistake), but the amazon customer service guy said that the delivery guy dropped the pin at OKW when it was delivered. I'm assuming the app the delivery folks use do this so they have some verification of where items are delivered to. Who knows.

They do that for luggage delivery too. Family learned the hard way (or getting woke up way) to let Bell Services know to hold it until morning. I however visit from the West Coast so it would be nothing to me to get a call then. :goodvibes

I had AmazonPrimeNow deliver to me at OKW last October and they came right to my room. I was there for the delivery, but I had no issue with them coming right to my building for the delivery. Obviously, this was not an option for the OP since they were not going to be there to accept their delivery. It is a little suspicious that their purchase "disappeared" for over 24 hours..

I just used APN a few weeks ago at the Poly. I too assumed that the packages would be with Bell Services but at least at the Poly all deliveries of that type are handled by the valet desk outside. You can still pick it up for free or pay $6 for delivery.

Yeah, calling at 11:30 pm is odd because most people would assume guests would be asleep.

I don’t know why they would assume that. Many families aren’t on east coast time. I’m on pacific time for at least a week, so we’re definitely not sleeping by then. And plenty of people are out in parks, especially during summertime.

The OP’s family was asleep, but many woundn’t even be in the room. And others might have been waiting anxiously for that delivery.

Just got back from 4 days at Cabana Bay and 1.5 weeks at Old Key West. It was a wonderful trip.

When we got to OKW I realized that I forgot to pack detergent so I figured I would try Prime Now . We also needed some other misc. items and I didn't want to spend time going to Publix, so I gave it a shot because we had a pretty full schedule planned those first few days at Disney.

I placed our order and selected a delivery window at 8-10 AM the next day. We were out at the parks and I got a text saying it was delivered.

I went to bell services that night to get the package, and they directed me to the front desk. The front desk could not find the delivery, and she even went back to bell services to look for it there as well. Since they couldn't find it, they offered to have me to go the General Store and buy the items I needed and said they would remove the charges, which was nice of them.

Instead of doing that, I called up Amazon and said the package was missing. The CSR noted that the delivery person only put down "left in secure location" in the notes. Even though the pin was dropped at OKW, the package was seemingly gone. Amazon refunded me for the order and I just bought one of the small boxes of powdered detergent they sell in the store.

Well, lo and behold, we get a call from bell services the next evening at 11:30 PM saying they have my detergent and other items, did we want them now or the next day?

First, we were super pissed that they called us at 11:30 at night. We had been asleep for about 90 minutes at that point because we had a theme park morning the next day. I am not sure why on earth they would have done this - it just seems like pretty poor decision making. Secondly, I wonder where my package was for two days that it just happened to show up at bell services.

Bell services does some dumb things sometimes.

I don’t know why they would assume that. Many families aren’t on east coast time. I’m on pacific time for at least a week, so we’re definitely not sleeping by then. And plenty of people are out in parks, especially during summertime.

The OP’s family was asleep, but many woundn’t even be in the room. And others might have been waiting anxiously for that delivery.

Well, most trips I have taken with my family and friends had us in the room and even asleep at that time. I release that people are from other parts of the country but WDW is EST so 11:30 pm is late and unless someone requests that type of notification I think assuming it is too late to call is a better and safer option, JMO

We just used APN and put in the delivery instructions to please deliver to the room at OKW since we knew we would be there, but they delivered to bell services anyway. But we called and asked Bell Services to bring it to the room and they did, no problem.

Last edited:
We had some prime now groceries go missing at BLT last week. They found our one bag of refrigerated items but 4 bags of dry goods and 3 cases of water were missing. Took 3 calls and one trip down to bell service before they finally found them. He said they weren’t where the normally put groceries. Probably took a total of 3 hours. I complained to the manager at the front desk the next morning and she said they are still trying to adjust to the increase in grocery deliveries so they haven’t perfected the process. That would be my guess with your items. Someone probably put it in a weird spot and they eventually found it. Makes for a poor guest experience.

This exact same thing happened to us at SSR in March! Couldn’t find our order, then called at 11:00 pm the next night to say they found the order. Prior to this, we had great experiences with APN.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter