October

alizesmom

Dreaming of Disney.
We’re arriving October 6 for a 6 night stay at Kidani Village. Tell me the good, the bad and the interesting about that time of year.

We loved seeing the fall decorations- they do a great job, just beautiful and fun!
We were excited for the halloween party- but it was mobbed. That was disappointing but we still had a good time. All of us ( 2 kids, 4 adults) did the pirate league on party day and had a blast- well worth it, imo.
The weather was much better than September and August- much less rain- but of course that varies.
Overall, the parks were crowded. Plan ahead.

Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. It's been seven years since my last visit (also in October). The weather is warm. I have been reading that the crowds are more than I have experienced in the past. Autumn is my favorite time of the year, anywhere. Enjoy!

I live here so I can tell you it's still usually pretty hot and humid the first week of Oct. Crowds are large but fairly moderate. MNSSHP party is available. F&W is great but VERY crowded on the weekends with locals.

Be prepared, it can be extremely hot and humid in October. It's still basically summer weather. I've been on a few October trips when it's been in the 90s and super humid. Plus, it's hurricane season! I was at WDW in 2005 for Hurricane Wilma.

We're also going in early October. I've been told to not go to Epcot on Friday or Saturday afternoons or evenings because of drunk people 'drinking around the world' obnoxiously there. Apparently many locals come out for it.

We've been in October 2013 and 2016 (and will be there this Oct). 2016 was more crowded than 2013. October is becoming a lot more popular. The weather, on average, is pretty nice (some days were still very hot). Fall decorations are fun. I would say the Food & Wine Festival could be a pro or con, depending on how you look at it. Since we've been in Oct our last two visits, I honestly can't even remember Epcot without F&W. I would think it'd be a lot less crowded/hectic. Although I do enjoy sampling different foods (and now that my kids are older, they do too). We did the Halloween party last time and I would not do it again. They keep adding more dates for the party, which means MK closes at 7pm four of the days we'll be there :(

We have gone during this time twice and LOVED it both times! We really enjoyed MNSSHP. A must do if you have not done this event! F&W is great...concerts at EP are fun!

By the way...we live in Franklin, PA so we get out of town for Applefest!

We went to MNSSHP when our daughter was about 10....the whole family dressed up and it was a lot of fun. That was several years ago. TThey are having that party at least twice during our 5 night visit. We aren't going again, so that is a bummer.
We did enjoy the F&W concert then too, hope there is a good one when we are going again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!