october...what to expect?

michmom

Earning My Ears
I've never been to Disney in Oct so am wondering what to expect weather wise. I am talking early Oct. Will it be rainy? Warm enough for a waterpark? I know the crowds will be low.

We were there in Oct 2001. We happened to be there 10/22 to 10/29. When we got there it was very warm... Warm enough to go swimming at night. I would say mid 80's to 90's and very sunny, hot, and humid. Halfway through trip it got cooler. I would say afternoon highs were in the low 70's and then it would get cool at night. Never rained during the day while we were there it seemed. The heaviest clothing we brought were light jackets/sweatshirts.. We brought some pants to wear at night as well. Otherwise shorts during the day with T-Shirts worked at beginning of the trip. As it got cooler in the latter half, shorts with sweatshirts or light jackets worked. We had a great time and plan on going back this October as well. Have fun!

It's at the end of hurricane season- so the weather may not be as predictable- but we were there 9/24-10/3 in 2001- I was fine wearing lite cotton pants and a T-shirt- it was probably up to 80 during the day and down to 60's in the night time- I just remember the last two nights being a little cooler- bring lightweight sweaters for the kids for early morning entry- about 10am it's really nice but if you have an early breakfast they will want something extra on (the little ones- I'm sure teenagers and you can bear it!) I love that time- in fact we're planning our trip this year- but we'll probably go the last week in September. Have a wonderful time!
Tara

My DH, DD (3 1/2) and I were just there this past October 19-26th. Boy, was it hot and humid - EVERY day. The temperature was from 85-90 every day - it even felt hot from early morning (9-ish)! We drank LOTS of water...

We were there last year during the second week of October and it was very HOT during the day. We wore shorts everyday. Nights were a little cooler. One night we actually wore long sleeves! My suggestion would be to pack shorts, pants, longsleeves, and a light jacket. It only rained once when we were there, but we packed ponchos everyday just in case.

October is my FAVORITE time of year to visit WDW :) :)
I love the Food and Wine Fest and MNNSHP.This past year it was hot but it's not that icky,sticky hot you can have in the Spring.

I always take one pair of jeans for everyone but rarely have we worn them.A light rain type jacket is a MUST IMO.I'd take one sweatshirt for each to but mostly y'all should be okay in summer type clothes.

October is a beautiful time to go! (I've been 3x in October). The days are warm/hot, water parks and pools are do-able, nights are cool, and crowds are small.

We went in June last year to avoid taking DS (7) out of school. I'll never go in June again. What were we thinking? LOL

It's October for us from now on...

Have a perfect trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter