October weather?

doombuggy

Has visited every Disney park in the world
So we will be in Japan from October 22-30, 2017 (Tokyo & Kyoto). what kind of weather will I expect?
Trying to decided if I should pack shorts or not, take more than 1 jacket.

I'm trying to think back to my trip last October. I was in Tokyo, and up in northern Japan. Tokyo was still somewhat warm at that point during the day, at least it was hotter after coming down from the north. Not uncomfortably hot, or anything like that, just warm when you're standing in the sun. The subway stations and such do get hot, just walking the stair and lack of air vents. I think in Tokyo I wore mostly shorts, then changed into pants and long sleeves in the evenings, since it got cool. Especially since Disneyland is on the water, it got a tad cooler than in the city. I think you could get away with 1 jacket. Wearing shorts sometimes made me feel more out of place sometimes, since they tend to be more fully covered up, even in the summer. Just my thought.

You may get away with a pair of shorts, but for late October I'd recommend pants and a light jacket/some long sleeves. You'll probably be fine with one jacket. It can be quite cool in the evenings. I'd also take a look at the weather a week before you go to get a sense; you never know if we'll get a cold snap or a heat wave!

My first trip to Tokyo Disney Resort was in October 2007 and the weather was quite nice. Not shorts weather, but comfortable with pants and perhaps a light jacket in the evening.

Thanks for the responses. We leave the 17th for a stop over in Shanghai first, then The Great Wall for the weekend before heading to tdr for the week. I was planning on taking 2 per shorts, 2 pr capris and 2 pair of jeans plus a pr of leggings. Various shirts, was also thing of taking a button down denim shirt for layering.
Trying to save some room in my suitcase for goodies to bring home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter