October Trip Reports w/activity calendar

There will still be plenty of sites decorated even without the haunted house. They were definitely the biggest display as they usually rent three sites, I can totally understand the traffic issue as we were in the same site last year and people parked their carts all over the sites near it and walked over or they just stopped in the middle of the road to look at it.

This.

It was bad the year I saw it in 2017. Our poster Flametamr was down there same time and knows the lady who has done that big set up and he got us a tour two nights before as it was still being built. The night before Halloween was a short dry run that year but there was still work to do to finish it and on H night as Terri said, carts parked all over the place in the dark (mostly) off the road. And the people milling around. It was the most impassable Fort loop I had ever seen.

I agree there should still be plenty to see.

Bama Ed

Ok , so kind of a pre trip thing, getting the new TT ready for its first outing this weekend so i can see how everything works. Additionally, went a little spendy on stuff like, new beding, back up camra ( i couldn't get the old one to work), new levers the cameo curved type, new hoses, plates and such. Hope the test run goes ok. Everything looks good, but i havent dumped the tanks yet. Unfortunately, all this new stuff will take away from my halloween display, i did stock up on junk at the doller store. Maybe i can get something built in time. We will see. I still need to fix the tire holder, i cant stand thats its a flip down and rattles. I also put splines under the coragated plastic underboady to shore it up. It was falling down due to vibrations cracking around the screws. All good now. Put in some interior leds. I was going to add an outside hp propane hook up, but figured its probably easier to just bring a extra 20 lb bottle along. Good thing im saving money on the hotel room because i spent the diffrance on the camper!

I just finished my costume and have one more item to get for the hubby. Trying to get into the camping mode, but gosh, it is still so HOT here! Camper is still under wraps to protect it from the harsh Central Florida sun, so we are going to wait a few more weeks before we uncover it. Since this will be our first trip of our camping season, we will have a lot to do once we open it up. Need to restock all the essentials and do a check on all the mechanical stuff. Oh...and Mr. Bones is dying to come out of storage, lol.

I just finished my costume and have one more item to get for the hubby. Trying to get into the camping mode, but gosh, it is still so HOT here! Camper is still under wraps to protect it from the harsh Central Florida sun, so we are going to wait a few more weeks before we uncover it. Since this will be our first trip of our camping season, we will have a lot to do once we open it up. Need to restock all the essentials and do a check on all the mechanical stuff. Oh...and Mr. Bones is dying to come out of storage, lol.
Motor coach out of shop and back in storage untill we bring it home for packing to head east on the 5th. Tow car all tuned/checked and given the green light for travelling. Boy are we ready to head east. Hope the weather gets better through Texas and the south east.

Can't wait to see Mr. Bones again. I wonder what kinda shenanigans he'll be up to this year. :scared::thumbsup2
Oh and please send pics of you and hubby in costume
Ha sjm9911 you are going all out prepping the new rig for the trip. You may think you are going overboard but you will be happy in the end. Can't wait to see the final product. What area do you hope to get in. Not much over 30 days untill we are all there. Got the new sign done.

Attachments

• 20190917_085152.jpg
    20190917_085152.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 35

Your Ft. Wilderness sign is beautiful! We leave one month from tomorrow. Sure hope these storms will be no more. Praying for Houston & Beaumont flooding.
We are all so lucky to be able to go to the fort (our happy place) let's all save a moment to think about all those in danger and not so lucky.

The sign is very nicely done.
Just watched on the news that I-10 is closed for possibly months east of Houston. We are scheduled to go to national dog show in Galveston on the way to the fort. Dont know where to go and how to get there but we will be at the fort on the 25th, one way or another.

We are in the same boat. We leave 10/19 from La Grange, TX. Arnold has figured a different route once we hit Houston. Not sure if more roads will be closed after they checkout the roads after the water is gone. We are hoping they have 1-10 open B4 then. Good luck! See you real soon!

We are in the same boat. We leave 10/19 from La Grange, TX. Arnold has figured a different route once we hit Houston. Not sure if more roads will be closed after they checkout the roads after the water is gone. We are hoping they have 1-10 open B4 then. Good luck! See you real soon!
Going to try AAA office end of this week to see if thay have a clear route for large motorhome from Galveston to Lafayette. I worry about being routed on narrow winding back roads. We are 45' plus a tow car.

Yesterday I did some roof maintenance that the previous owner neglected. I replaced some burnt out clearance light bulbs. I tested the heaters, hot water heater, stove and fridge and everything inside is working! I did find a small coolant leak on the engine surge tank sight glass. I tried 3 times to fix it and I ended up just ordering a new glass and o-ring. I have to go to the tag office sometime this week and get a tag for our trailer. It disappeared when we had a tire blow out. I ordered the tire pressure monitor sending units to add onto my RVI brake kit, they should arrive by the end of the week. We are so ready for our vacation to get here!

I got a replacement tag for our trailer on Wednesday, lost the old one when we had a tire blow out. The new sight glass and o-ring arrived yesterday and I got that installed, no more coolant leak!! The tire patrol sending units arrived yesterday too. I will get them paired up and working this weekend. Going to wash the outside of the rig from top to bottom and start loading up park gear.

We leave next Friday the 4th. Going half way to the Perry KOA. Arrive on Saturday the 5th. Tee Time cart will be ready for pickup... Going to wash and polish and do the final packing and maintenance to the motorhome this weekend. Ready to hit the road.....

6 days and a wakeup.

We leave next Friday the 4th. Going half way to the Perry KOA. Arrive on Saturday the 5th. Tee Time cart will be ready for pickup... Going to wash and polish and do the final packing and maintenance to the motorhome this weekend. Ready to hit the road.....

6 days and a wakeup.
Be safe. Say hi to Kenny when you get your cart. We pick up ours on the 26th, the morning after we get there. We leave AZ the day you check in. 20 days to the fort with a couple of long stops along the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter