October dates

tinkerbellybutton

DIS Veteran
We will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary this September. My SIL and BIL will be celebrating their 25th in November. We are beginning to plan a trip in October to celebrate both together. Looking to arrive on a Saturday for 3-4 nights. Are there any weeks we should avoid in October due to special events? I know that October has become a popular time to visit due to food and wine festival. We are all Disney pros, just looking for the best possible week.

We visited WDW during last week of October 5 years in a row (this week is a UK school holiday). I think this is a wonderful time to visit. I have a feeling that complaints about crowds in October is part of a conspiracy to keep people away from WDW. Only kidding of course but I do not think it can get much better that this particular week.

Avoid Columbus Day weekend.
But in general the entire month has become very busy in recent years so you're gonna run into crowds.

I think it's really hard to make crowd comparisons now that so much is happening all the time at Disney - but any October week is lovely. Yes, Columbus weekend will be busy. Food and Wine is amazing and the Halloween party is great. The weather is beautiful and the hurricane situation is usually not bad. If you want to do MNSSHP plan around that. Those parties get busier towards the end of the month. Have a great time!

Actually the weather in October can greatly vary. The week we were there this past October was as hot as the middle of the summer. The temperatures were in the mid to upper 90s and the feels like temperatures were over 100.

The Gartner convention is October 20 to 24, they take a lot of Deluxe rooms, especially at the Epcot resorts.

I would add CD itself and the Tues. after. That Wed. crowds start thinning.

Bill From PA

I meant it as an all encompassing thing lol. So yeah I did mean CD itself.
Also depending on when the Jewish holiday lands some schools actually have half the week off.
So really I guess I should have said avoid from the Friday before CD through that Wednesday. \
Either way October in general is becoming a peak time to go and a time to try to avoid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!