October Cruise

Janice Irene

Earning My Ears
October Cruise
Can anyone tell me what the Bahama Cruise will be like in October, is it still hot on castaway quay?:flower1:

Well... It is peak hurricane season, so I'd be prepared for the possibility of an altered itinerary and/or cancellation...

As for Castaway Cay...the weather can also cause the ship not to be able to dock. I've found it warm even in February, so I'd think if everything goes as planned it would be fine. But then again, I don't get cold easily.

We had a lovely cruise in October a few years ago. The weather was really great at CC and water temp was fine. Though, I will say, I've been to CC in March, June and October and always found the water to feel slightly chilly for some reason. But it always feels good once you get used to it. My trip report is in my signature if you want to read more.

Be sure to get trip insurance for a hurricane-season trip, just in case you get unlucky!

We've been on Castaway Cay in December and January and the air temperature has always been very warm on the island. So warm, that swimming in the cold ocean water felt refreshing. So I'm sure October would be plenty warm.

I prefer Port - because I love the more unspoiled, natural side.

I am weird though.

Most people like Starboard.

(Though in reality, if you are going to be out on the island, why would you pick based on the view while docked?)

This past October it rained for a few hours while we were on CC. It varied from a light drizzle that people ignored and went about the day, to downpour, which was harder to ignore. When it wasn't raining it was overcast for most of the day, it was warmish. The kids still went in the water. I only went in to my knees. We stuck it out on the island way after most people did and the sun came out about an hour or so before we had to head back for all aboard.

Then in Nov it was a perfectly beautiful, warm & sunny day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter