October 5, 2018 PA day airfareUPDATE

quandrea

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any past experience with airfare from Toronto on the above date? It’s the PA day prior to the thanksgiving weekend. We had planned to travel this day, as dd is beginning high school and we don’t want her missing. Airfares are very high. Just wondering if I can count on a seat sale bringing them down in the next few months. If they are expected to remain high, I’ll cancel and rent out my dvc points.

We are new to this. Been homeschooling for six years so we arrange Air around great pricing.

Prices for airfare on any school vacations will generally stay higher than on non-vacation weeks. Sales almost always exclude those dates. As a high school teacher, it's been a sad way of life for me. Check flights on the Thursday night, those are generally a bit better.

Prices for airfare on any school vacations will generally stay higher than on non-vacation weeks. Sales almost always exclude those dates. As a high school teacher, it's been a sad way of life for me. Check flights on the Thursday night, those are generally a bit better.
THanks. Thursday night is just as bad. Looks like we cancel. I refuse to pay nearly $700 to Orlando.

I don't know your situation but we live north of GTA and we always drive to Buffalo airport and flight out from there. Have you checked prices there? Southwest and JetBlue are good airlines to start checking flights for those dates. They tent to be cheaper as they are domestic flights as opposed to international flights

Cancelled the trip. Points were already rented out today. Flying from Buffalo isn’t an option given dh’s work. Ah well. We will use the rental money on a trip in 2019 somewhere.

Cancelled the trip. Points were already rented out today. Flying from Buffalo isn’t an option given dh’s work. Ah well. We will use the rental money on a trip in 2019 somewhere.

In terms of school holidays, the best week we've found is the last week in August. Crowds and prices don't seem to be as bad, maybe because a lot of US schools are already back and most Canadian families are prepping to go back?

Or pull the kids out of school for a week. Seriously, I've got a ton of students that go on extended trips, back home for family weddings, etc or just because parents want to fly/stay cheaper. Avoid EQAO times for elementary and/or January/June culminatings/exams and OSSLT for secondary. If you're just going for a week, it's no big deal, at least in most of the TDSB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter