October 27th, 2018 7-Night Western Caribbean *Part 2*

Thank you!! I’m really excited for the cruise (and the whole getting married thing, too). I’ve cruised on Princess before, but never Disney. I don’t think we know which deck we’re on yet, because we did the “choose a category instead of a specific room” option.

I just checked the website again for the stateroom info, and it says Stateroom: GTY Category: 04E, deck and location to be assigned. However, if I’m reading the information correctly about the staterooms, we’re likely to be on Deck 5.

Right now my stateroom is in deck 2, midship.
But i’m thinking of switching it to a different location.
Would the vibration be that bad in deck 7/8 aft?
What about deck 5 forward?

Do you guys think it’ll be better to stay in midship deck 2?
My dad and I never had any motion sickness / seasick issue on our previous cruises but we’ve always stayed in deck 2 midship.

Right now my stateroom is in deck 2, midship.
But i’m thinking of switching it to a different location.
Would the vibration be that bad in deck 7/8 aft?
What about deck 5 forward?

Do you guys think it’ll be better to stay in midship deck 2?
My dad and I never had any motion sickness / seasick issue on our previous cruises but we’ve always stayed in deck 2 midship.

We were on the Dream deck 6 aft and the engine noise/vibrations - particularly when we were going into ports - was terrible. I think this would be a good question to ask on the general cruise discussion board. I remember that one of the ships is supposedly worse than the others, but I can’t recall which one.

Has anyone ever done the adults only dining? We really enjoyed the dinning last time so didn't see the need to try it out. But I am wondering for our second cruise if you all thought it was worth it :)

Fish Extender (FE) info!

What is an FE?
http://www.chipandco.com/disney-cruise-line-world-fish-extender-76975/
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

How do I join in?
@brianap92 has graciously offered to be an FE Organizer for our cruise! :thanks: Here are the details (I couldn't quote her post from the old thread, so I had to cut and paste):

hi everyone :) Im Briana I LOVE fe and am so excited for this cruise.This is my 7th disney cruise and 2nd time doing this itinerary and its awesome! i see that a fe group hasn't been created yet ive organized on my last 2 cruises and enjoy it! I'd be glad to organize it on this one is well if everyone wants to post on here their details or msg me that would be great

1.Cabin #
2.Names(+ ages for children)
3.are you celebrating anything while on board?
4.any allergies?
5.favorite characters

What ive done in the past is create excel spreadsheets and with all this information and organize everyone into even groups. I like to try and close groups out at 10 cabins. When one group fills up i will start another and so on. To give everyone enough time to know who is in their groups and start making gifts Ill put a deadline of Sept 1st. around that time i usually try to follow up with everyone and see if they are still participating to finalize lists and post the final lists after that. Since this is a longer cruise i like to create a delivery schedule to stretch out deliveries throughout the cruise. I also put a journal outside the room with the delivery schedule and cabin #s(no names) come cruise time. If you guys have any questions let me know:)
How do I tell if my fish extender request was received. I messaged @brianap92, did you received it??

Has anyone ever done the adults only dining? We really enjoyed the dinning last time so didn't see the need to try it out. But I am wondering for our second cruise if you all thought it was worth it :)

We do Palo every cruise; brunch is definitely worth it!! We have not tried Remy yet on the Fantasy but are considering the champagne brunch (don't think we will do a Remy dinner, doesn't appeal to my husband or I).

We do Palo every cruise; brunch is definitely worth it!! We have not tried Remy yet on the Fantasy but are considering the champagne brunch (don't think we will do a Remy dinner, doesn't appeal to my husband or I).
I didn't realize there was brunch! Love this idea and champagne brunch is right up my alley...LOL

For a first time Disney cruise, do you think it’s worth doing one of the specialty restaurants? I keep waffling back and forth about whether I want to try one or whether I should just stick with the basic cruise stuff for the first one.

For a first time Disney cruise, do you think it’s worth doing one of the specialty restaurants? I keep waffling back and forth about whether I want to try one or whether I should just stick with the basic cruise stuff for the first one.

Keeping in mind I have not done Palo or Remy (but hope to get one in this cruise!) and since it is your honeymoon, I would totally do it! If it were a shorter cruise, I am not sure what I would say - probably leave it to others to advise. But with seven nights of dining, you will get to experience all the restaurants at least once.

Since it's a 7 night cruise you will get to try each restaurant so I would definitely book Palo or Remy one night (or for brunch at least) :love:

Hello @MommaBerd and fellow disney cruisers. My family and I are super excited about our upcoming cruise in late Sept. aboard the Disney Fantasy.
There's Casey and Anthony(Me) and our 3 kids....

Alivia(4)
Asher(15mo)
Coen(15mo)

This is our second disney cruise. first time on fantasy and the western caribbean. Does anyone have any tips about navigating and fully enjoying the Disney Fantasy?
Would love to hear back from anyone with suggestions!

:thanks:

:welcome: @meddle! We are in the same boat...pun intended! So, I don’t have any advice. But, we’ve enjoyed watching videos on YouTube! We were on the Dream for our first cruise, and they are the same class of ship, but there are some differences, too. Do you know what deck you are on?

:welcome: @meddle! We are in the same boat...pun intended! So, I don’t have any advice. But, we’ve enjoyed watching videos on YouTube! We were on the Dream for our first cruise, and they are the same class of ship, but there are some differences, too. Do you know what deck you are on?

I'll check out Youtube for sure! We're on deck 11. I see that this floor looks to be a busy floor based on deck maps.

Hi, we would like to join the Fish Extender group! This is our 2nd Disney Cruise, but we have not participated in FE yet. We have 3 girls: ages 5 years, 3 years , and 9 months at cruise time!

Last edited:
Hi, we would like to join the Fish Extender group! This is our 2nd Disney Cruise, but we have not participated in FE yet. We have 3 girls: ages 5 years, 3 years , and 9 months at cruise time!

:welcome:@Brittney T! Information on how to join the FE group is in Post #2. Are your girls excited about the cruise?

Ok, I hope I messaged her right :)

Yes, they are very excited, we had a Halloween cruise planned last September, but it was cancelled due to the hurricane. We have had to delay our rebook until October so baby would be old enough to cruise! We took a 4night Bahama cruise in February 2017, so this will be our 2nd with Disney. I am so excited, too!

Sign us up! This is our 4th Disney cruise and created our own FE last time ..... I can't wait for this experience .....

We have done dinner at both Palo and Remy and also the brunch at Palo. We loved them all! On this cruise I'll think we'll try to get a dinner at Remy and maybe also a brunch at Palo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter