October 2020 Discount Watch

The wife and I started talking about taking a later October trip to celebrate our anniversary but doubt we will go unless they offer an AP room discount. I'm curious if all of the resort changing they had to make for folks who's resort didn't open may have filled enough rooms that they are comfortable not offering a discount.

I agree. I can’t imagine paying rack rates. It’s looking that way though. I’m so disappointed. Maybe they’re waiting for September 1? Pretty please Disney?

We’re planning on 10/10 to 10/17. I’m going to wait until the very last minute to book I guess. ☹️

So, we finally gave up on the idea of a discount last night and checked rack rates... $5400! Meanwhile over at Universal the same stay is $1400. So I guess this isn't going to be a Disney trip. Maybe we'll spend a day at the MK, but I can't see spending $4000 for limited magic.

So, we finally gave up on the idea of a discount last night and checked rack rates... $5400! Meanwhile over at Universal the same stay is $1400. So I guess this isn't going to be a Disney trip. Maybe we'll spend a day at the MK, but I can't see spending $4000 for limited magic.

Don’t blame you one bit. Considering you could take close to 3 more trips with that difference makes you really have to think.

Just saw the news about the Polly not opening until next summer. Add that many more guests that they will have to move over to other resorts. I’m thinking that if they do offer some sort of a discount (APs most likely), they aren’t going to be that great for some resorts.

We rented points for a resort bc either way Disney discount wouldn’t beat our rental deal but since we aren’t able to buy AP I’m hoping for at least the 4 day $79 a day ticket offer. If not we will def end up at Universal instead with the but two days get two days free deal

Discounts are live!!! I was able to modify my AP from Sept to October. But it’s still not working for new yet on the AP. I was wanting to do December too.

Says it’s live...
But when you click to select dates still not past Sept 30th...

NO AP here!!! But holding for the 4 day 4 night package discount!!! At 7:10 am said 60 minute wait!!! Good luck everyone!

Figured out the AP. Pick any date in September to check availability. Then, on the next screen, edit the date to what you want Oct-Dec. I was able to get my AP December that way.

Non-AP but got a good rate for Contemporary Tower in October. We always wanted to try that one. Unable to apply the FL rate to our December trip at the Cabins at FW.

Im sad!!! we are on a DVC reseravtion ( rented this timme ) and I was REALLY hoping to see the 4 days $79 a day ticket deal since FL residents had the offer. Man this sucks. We can not even just buy APs.

Wasn’t able to apply the AP discount to the cabins in October, so ended up moving to the GF for about the same cost. Saved big at OKW though. Nearly $3000 saved in total.

Wasn’t able to apply the AP discount to the cabins in October, so ended up moving to the GF for about the same cost. Saved big at OKW though. Nearly $3000 saved in total.
Did you try calling? Or was the cabin not a valid room category to use the discount?

I was on the phone for about 3 hours but finally got the AP discount applies to my Oct reservation. I couldn’t modify on line so that was the only option. Saved about $1400 over the price protected reservation I had, so worth the time spent.

Did you try calling? Or was the cabin not a valid room category to use the discount?
I tried modifying my existing reservation and also just creating a new one, both options said the room type is unavailable for the dates or offer selected. It appears the discount is available during the week, but not the weekends we had planned.

I already have a DVC reservation but need to add one night at the beginning. Apparently you can no longer select tickets for longer than your package stay. With a one night package I can only get two day tickets and I need 7 days. Bummer. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!