October 2019 Check-In Thread!

DH and I are tentatively planning for Oct 4-7. If we do it, we'd like to go to the Halloween Party Friday night. We've never been to that, even when we were local pass holders, and it sounds so fun! We'd then do park days Sat and Sun the 5th and 6th. We haven't been to DLR in the fall season since 2013, and we miss it! I especially love Ghost Galaxy. We also haven't been to DLR at all since spring 2017, so there are a lot of new things we are excited to see - Mission Breakout, Paradise Pier, etc. We're also so excited that Philharmagic is coming to DCA - we love it at WDW!

DH is a Star Wars fan, so is very excited for SWGE, but we're also going to be watching to see how that goes before we make our final decision about October. We're already planning to go for our 10th anniversary in June, so either we just keep that or we throw in this nice little October trip, too. :)

DH and I are tentatively planning for Oct 4-7. If we do it, we'd like to go to the Halloween Party Friday night. We've never been to that, even when we were local pass holders, and it sounds so fun!

It is SO much fun. We will be doing the same thing. I'm also hoping SWGE is open for the Halloween party!

Okay, texted the girl... told her if we want to do the party I will have to pull her out of school on Thursday to do it... she said YES... so now, here’s the thing. We are planning the 10th (party only), 11th, 12th and 13th (have to leave for the airport around 6 likely.) We are still doing Universal one day... and I think it will be Saturday... does that make sense, Saturday’s are more crowded at DL, yes? Doing HHN that night. So this means we have DCA Thursday night, can pretty much do DL all day Friday with hopefully F! And fireworks... which I thought we would miss out on. And have Sunday to do whatever... likely a little of both parks. I think this sounds pretty solid. But I really did NOT think I would be buying party tickets Next Week! Sheesh!

It is SO much fun. We will be doing the same thing. I'm also hoping SWGE is open for the Halloween party!

Edited post because I was ready to call it off and then changed my mind (again...)...

With the new announcement about changes to the Halloween party this year, we're probably going to skip it. Thursday and Sunday nights really don't work for us, and I'm not really excited about it being at DCA, though I knew that was a major possibility this year.

New plan is Oct 3-6, in the parks Friday the 4 and Saturday the 5. Unless we can find some awesome flight deal (so far they are all super pricey), we'll drive down Thursday after work and back up Sunday.

Not sure about hotel yet. We've always stayed with local family in the past, but would like to make this a true vacation this time by staying in a hotel. Thinking maybe Best Western Park Place Inn.

Last edited:

We're excited to return at Halloween again this year. We attended our first party last year, but likely won't attend this year. Not sure where we are staying yet, but looking at Oct 15-19.

We're excited to return at Halloween again this year. We attended our first party last year, but likely won't attend this year. Not sure where we are staying yet, but looking at Oct 15-19.
We're going the same time frame and hotel prices are higher than usual during this time. We go this time every year. There's a realestate convention at this time. We ended up booking through getawaytoday as they had the best rate. Best of luck on your hotel hunting!

I think we actually are going to try the Halloween Party at DCA... we're thinking park days Fri and Sat (park hoppers), and then the party Sunday, then go home Monday. I learned that the party on Sunday is 6-11, but you can get in at 2! That pretty much sold it for me. 9 hours is not a bad deal! We'll just have a nice leisurely morning at DTD that day.

We're now booked at Best Western Park Place Inn, October 3-7. We'll be in the parks the 4th-5th (Fri-Sat) and do the Halloween Party at DCA on Sunday the 6th. Super excited, despite my initial hesitation. :rolleyes2 Sometimes I just take a little while to come around...

Jumping on board! Don’t have dates yet. I’ve been planning a WDW Halloween trip for myself, my sister and youngest. My husband sent me the Oogie party info and said let’s go! Now I have coast to coast Halloween trips to plan! Thinking of October, probably in the early 20s. I want to avoid the Utah and holiday crowds. Am I missing an event that happens in the third week of October?

With the new announcement about changes to the Halloween party this year, we're probably going to skip it. Thursday and Sunday nights really don't work for us, and I'm not really excited about it being at DCA, though I knew that was a major possibility this year.

I should have anticipated they would make this change given SWGE. Darn. I imagine we'll still do the party but that does mean we'll have to go on Sunday and not the Friday like we planned.

I should have anticipated they would make this change given SWGE. Darn. I imagine we'll still do the party but that does mean we'll have to go on Sunday and not the Friday like we planned.
I have always planned on a Friday party as that's the only day that has been the same over the years. I also was planning on a Friday party. Luckily I added an extra day this time around and we can go on a Thursday.

I have always planned on a Friday party as that's the only day that has been the same over the years. I also was planning on a Friday party. Luckily I added an extra day this time around and we can go on a Thursday.

I'm just lucky my district (I'm a teacher) is giving us Friday and Monday off, or we wouldn't have been able to switch to the Sunday party. Now that I've looked into it a bit more, I'm actually excited about this new version at DCA, even though I never got to attend the DL version. But yes, we definitely were planning on Friday originally!

I have to add - the locals are probably thrilled about the Friday to Sunday change. We hated this season as local AP holders because we used to go on Friday evenings all the time and it ruined that for us since we never attended the party. The one time we tried DCA during a DL Halloween Party and saw the longest waits we'd ever seen for every ride, we headed to DTD and said never again!

I have to add - the locals are probably thrilled about the Friday to Sunday change. We hated this season as local AP holders because we used to go on Friday evenings all the time and it ruined that for us since we never attended the party. The one time we tried DCA during a DL Halloween Party and saw the longest waits we'd ever seen for every ride, we headed to DTD and said never again!
I have to agree it has gotten more packed each year. When we first went in 2011 it was very enjoyable as their were not too many people but the last couple of years have been just crazy! Maybe it's a good thing that it's changing. I love the Halloween party but have only experienced it at DL so, this will be a huge change for us. I'm still looking forward to it though.

Jumping on board! Don’t have dates yet. I’ve been planning a WDW Halloween trip for myself, my sister and youngest. My husband sent me the Oogie party info and said let’s go! Now I have coast to coast Halloween trips to plan! Thinking of October, probably in the early 20s. I want to avoid the Utah and holiday crowds. Am I missing an event that happens in the third week of October?

Great hubby!

My wife, April, and myself, Charlie, will be staying at the Paradise Pier hotel from Oct 22-Oct 30. We plan on doing a Halloween party one of the nights. We have 5-day park hopper passes. Part of the time we will be visiting friends and family. This our first time to Disneyland. We are very excited to visit the original park!!

DH and I are tentatively planning for Oct 4-7. If we do it, we'd like to go to the Halloween Party Friday night. We've never been to that, even when we were local pass holders, and it sounds so fun! We'd then do park days Sat and Sun the 5th and 6th. We haven't been to DLR in the fall season since 2013, and we miss it! I especially love Ghost Galaxy. We also haven't been to DLR at all since spring 2017, so there are a lot of new things we are excited to see - Mission Breakout, Paradise Pier, etc. We're also so excited that Philharmagic is coming to DCA - we love it at WDW!

DH is a Star Wars fan, so is very excited for SWGE, but we're also going to be watching to see how that goes before we make our final decision about October. We're already planning to go for our 10th anniversary in June, so either we just keep that or we throw in this nice little October trip, too. :)

We are also big fans of Philharmagic!

My wife, April, and myself, Charlie, will be staying at the Paradise Pier hotel from Oct 22-Oct 30. We plan on doing a Halloween party one of the nights. We have 5-day park hopper passes. Part of the time we will be visiting friends and family. This our first time to Disneyland. We are very excited to visit the original park!!

Oh man, first visit? How awesome!! Think you’ll love it!

What are your thoughts on the Oogie Boogie Bash at DCA this year? We have never been and are really looking forward to this! I see some prefer the party at DL? The World of Color show sounds really cool...”tricked” out Redwood Creek Challenge Trail...? Awesome! Cannot wait for that Parade! What is a mysterious Disney Villains though experience? Sounds spooky! Does anyone ever skip the candy and just do all the other stuff? Do the tickets sellout quickly? What are you most looking forward to at this years Bash?!?!

What are your thoughts on the Oogie Boogie Bash at DCA this year? We have never been and are really looking forward to this! I see some prefer the party at DL? The World of Color show sounds really cool...”tricked” out Redwood Creek Challenge Trail...? Awesome! Cannot wait for that Parade! What is a mysterious Disney Villains though experience? Sounds spooky! Does anyone ever skip the candy and just do all the other stuff? Do the tickets sellout quickly? What are you most looking forward to at this years Bash?!?!

I am looking forward to all of it... we have been to... uh... counting... 1 party in DCA and like 4? At DL? Could be 5... one year we did two parties. We used to hit the characters pretty hard... I have the cutest pic of Jack Sparrow examining my daughter’s multi-pack of colored sharpies to find the right one... then we switched to mostly rides. Candy is usually what we hit last... backfired on us last year because it was pouring rain so much that they condensed and moved the trails inside, but we still managed about 10 lbs of candy. We won’t arrive until 5 pm, so it’s kinda a short night for us... wish it was open till midnight. But I know it will be a blast, and we will be hitting the challenge trail area for sure, though we might wait till later in the evening. I am super curious how they will handle WOC... since we normally do a dinner or dessert package, because I am not one to wait around wasting time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter