October 2019 Check-In Thread!

We went to DL in December for the first time. We are normally WDW goers but now have the DL bug and are going back October 15th-19th. Plan on doing the Halloween event too. Not sure where we are staying yet. We will have a group of 7 this time.

We went to DLR for the first time in 2012 and fell in love with the original. Went back to WDW for a vacation and a a few day trips the last couple of years, and it’s just not the same as DL. We cannot wait to get back there! Keep us posted!

I'm so happy this thread has been started!! Thank you ashnjam!!! This will help get me through the year! I should find out next month if we can go. If our work schedules workout, we are going September 27th to October 8th. On the 28th we are hopefully going to Knott's Scary Farm's Micechat's special event but the rest of our time will be at Disneyland. Most likely we will go to the Halloween party again as well but I don't know how it will be this year. Last year's was great. We went on Halloween and it was fantastic as always but with Star Wars coming this summer I don't know if Disney will want to shut Star Wars down to the public for the party. But if they do change it to DCA, I expect the party to be pretty incredible. Recently they have really stepped up their game at DCA during Halloween so it might be pretty awesome there. Time will tell.

Ahhhh you’re welcome!!! Sounds fun!I hope you get there! I have never been to a halloween party so wherever it is it will be new to us! Too bad we have to wait sooooo long for all the dets!

We are going Oct. 11-17. We are staying at the BWPPI. We should be able to book 2 Halloween parties, with the first being on the night of the 11th, fingers crossed. Son has a Disney Visa, he will book them ASAP. It will be two adults, my son and I. Husband is staying home this time.

Two parties
We are going Oct. 11-17. We are staying at the BWPPI. We should be able to book 2 Halloween parties, with the first being on the night of the 11th, fingers crossed. Son has a Disney Visa, he will book them ASAP. It will be two adults, my son and I. Husband is staying home this time.

Two parties lucky you! Mother son trip sounds really sweet, have fun planning!

It has been quite some time since the party was at DCA... back when DCA was kinda lame and they needed the party there to get people to go over there! I can see them moving the party back to DCA to disperse crowds a bit. Making DL available for a ton of nights in September and October just to party goers will tick off a bunch of people with SWGE being so new. On the flip side, if the party stays at DL I can see a lot of party goers using valuable party time in SWGE just because the rides as a whole during parties have shorter lines. Either way, we love te parties, although we don’t do them the same as we used to. It’s not about the characters for us anymore, or even the treat lines. We soak up the atmosphere and ride rides and just chill really.

Okay I understand now...it will be interesting to see what happens. We also aren’t really interested in the treat lines, pretty much the shorter lines and people watching.

We are looking forward to the two parties. My son is giving me the two tickets instead of gifts throughout the year. We have been planning this trip since we got home July 2017. Hubby went with us that time. We decided to do Halloween time because he has never seen it decorated for Halloween. He did go as a baby. None of us have done the parties. I have been during October though, but no parties. I just found out one of my friends and hairstylist will be there too. We will meet up for lunch one of the days there. October can't come soon enough.

Is there any reason to think there would be a substantial difference between the first two weeks in October (9/30-10/3 vs. 10/7-10/10)? I'm sure the crowd levels are uncharted territory at this point with SWGE, but I'm curious if there's anything else going on those weeks that I should be aware of. Thanks!

Last edited:
Is there any reason to think there would be a substantial difference between the first two weeks in October (9/30-10/3 vs. 10/7-10/10)? I'm sure the crowd levels are uncharted territory at this point with SWGE, but I'm curious if there's anything else going on those weeks that I should be aware of. Thanks!

Fall breaks are usually the 2nd week or so in October, before or after Columbus Day. So the 7th-10th are busier than the end of Sept to the 3rd typicallly.

We love October at DL!

Currently booked for the weekend 10/18-10/20 at VGC, but I have every single weekend waitlisted now, we'll see what the waitlist gods say. Haha

So excited! We just booked Disneyland Hotel (a childhood dream come true!) for Oct 19 -25. Hoping to do a Halloween Party! This will be a post-cruise stay. The cruise is a Halloween on the High Seas! Vacation of a lifetime! ....did I say SO EXCITED!!!pixiedust:

We will be going as we do every year. Believe it or not, no plan yet. Ive looked at hotels but a lot of them don't have rates available yet. Also, southwest flights aren't available yet either. We usually go the weekends of Oct 18th as that works with my work schedule and am going to try to go to two Halloween parties this year but we will see about that...lol. So looking forward to the Halloween time season at DL.

Hello all- we are planning a big family trip 10/30 thru 11/3. There are currently 9 of us on board for this trip with another 2 possibly joining. I have reservations at Staybridge suites but may be changing that as I keep looking for deals on suites. We are excited because his trip will be:
Halloween 10/31
My 50th birthday 11/1
Dapper Day 11/3
and the first trip for our granddaughter will be 1 by that time
We have not been in the park for a Halloween party since 2010 so we are hoping to grab tickets for the 10/31 party. If not we will just enjoy the festivities of bring in the parks. Very excited!

So excited! We just booked Disneyland Hotel (a childhood dream come true!) for Oct 19 -25. Hoping to do a Halloween Party! This will be a post-cruise stay. The cruise is a Halloween on the High Seas! Vacation of a lifetime! ....did I say SO EXCITED!!!pixiedust:
Oh my goodness! Sounds like it!

Hello all- we are planning a big family trip 10/30 thru 11/3. There are currently 9 of us on board for this trip with another 2 possibly joining. I have reservations at Staybridge suites but may be changing that as I keep looking for deals on suites. We are excited because his trip will be:
Halloween 10/31
My 50th birthday 11/1
Dapper Day 11/3
and the first trip for our granddaughter will be 1 by that time
We have not been in the park for a Halloween party since 2010 so we are hoping to grab tickets for the 10/31 party. If not we will just enjoy the festivities of bring in the parks. Very excited!

Big family trips are always fun! Have fun planning!

Already made a change- we changed our reservations from the Staybridge suites to the Paradise Pier. Decided we wanted to get a bit more of the Disney Magic on this trip. :-)

Oh wow! We loved our stay at PP! We stayed there on our first trip to Disneyland!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!