October 2019 Car Rentals at MCO are Painful. What are your finds?

I booked a reservation through Costco/Alamo for $339 Standard SUV for 9 days (Oct 18-26) from TAMPA. Will keep watching to see if I can get it any cheaper.

I booked a reservation through Costco/Alamo for $339 Standard SUV for 9 days (Oct 18-26) from TAMPA. Will keep watching to see if I can get it any cheaper.

I rebooked today with Costco/Alamo for $298 and a Standard SUV. Went down $41 from yesterday!

I am still not seeing anything at Costco, below around $545 for my dates 10/23 - 11/3. Autoslash has Alamo at $481 -- still high IMHO.

(Open to any car category).

Just now - Alamo APH code & $25 coupon, $243 for midsize

FYI! The $30 coupon code ad3913MJR is now causing issues.

Referring the July, 2019 rental car thread:

Any reservations Using it cannot be modified/cancelled, nor will you be able to check in online or use the kiosk.

Supposedly, you can go to desk and utiize but since I believe it was a code designed for South America, may want to rebook

Just now - Alamo APH code & $25 coupon, $243 for midsize

FYI! The $30 coupon code ad3913MJR is now causing issues.

Referring the July, 2019 rental car thread:

Any reservations Using it cannot be modified/cancelled, nor will you be able to check in online or use the kiosk.

Supposedly, you can go to desk and utiize but since I believe it was a code designed for South America, may want to rebook

What is the APH code??

I am looking for Oct 30 to Nov 10th. Yes that is a long time to have a car. We don't belong to Costco. What is autoslash?

Too early. I’m still trying to get a decent early September rate. Haven’t even looked for October, but that trip may get canceled. My rates for my April trip and June trip were ok, but not great. My threshold of what I’ll accept is much higher now than past years

Too early. I’m still trying to get a decent early September rate. Haven’t even looked for October, but that trip may get canceled. My rates for my April trip and June trip were ok, but not great. My threshold of what I’ll accept is much higher now than past years

Wasn’t that long ago that $120 seemed to be average ending rate for a MS with Alamo.

Now, I’m satisfied if it’s in the $170 range.

Just cannot bring myself to book any of the rate notices i’ve Been getting from autoslash. mostly via shuttle offsite, but under $190 for my dates.

If cost is truly the driving factor for some & they aren’t quite as picky with their time & provider, at least the option is there.

Prices have been all over the place. We have reserved the same vehicle multiple times when prices drop.
But, currently, the prices are over $100 more for the week than what I have reserved.
Prices may drop later during the summer or this fall.

I keep checking for change in price and making reservations changes. I am looking at 2 weeks and 2 day from Oct 26 on. Booked a compact with Budget for $485 total. I wish it was less and will keep watching but overall, it is a price that I can live with.

Last edited:
I am looking for Oct 30 to Nov 10th. Yes that is a long time to have a car. We don't belong to Costco. What is autoslash?
With Autoslash, you enter your dates, and they send you quotes to your email. Also, if say you end up booking through them with Hertz Alamo, etc, if they find it cheaper though them later on, they'll auto book you at the lower rate. I've used them once and booked a second trip in October. Doesn't cost anything to check their rates.

My rates have continued to increase. Oct 5th - 15th is running $725-$800 for a minivan. We have 8 people so we're going to need 2 cars which makes it even more painful. We're looking at $1000-$1200 just to rent vehicles. That, on top of $1500 in air fare, well there goes $3000 of vacation money. Just bought a diesel truck and looking for a camper now. Won't be paying these ridiculous prices ever again.

My rates have continued to increase. Oct 5th - 15th is running $725-$800 for a minivan. We have 8 people so we're going to need 2 cars which makes it even more painful. We're looking at $1000-$1200 just to rent vehicles. That, on top of $1500 in air fare, well there goes $3000 of vacation money. Just bought a diesel truck and looking for a camper now. Won't be paying these ridiculous prices ever again.

There is still plenty of time for the rate drops to start. You're still about 90 days out. Dont lose hope yet.

I can only say keep checking. I am happy for my $485 for 16 days with Budget, but yesterday that was up to nearly $600! I am using car rental savers which is coming in lower than autoslash. I also won't rent from Fox.

My October rates haven't dropped, but another rental I have starting Aug 30 has dropped 4 times in the last couple of weeks, so I'm still hoping for a drop.

I live 45 minutes from the nearest Costco and have never been a member. After seeing several people here book through them I decided to check rates (you can check rates without actually having to be a member). Our rate of $898 dropped to $596 for a minivan for 10 days!!! That was a $300 savings. So, I paid the $60 membership fee online, drove to the store to activate it (that step is mandatory), then came home and rebooked. We need 2 cars so I was actually able to book both cars for less than the initial price of the minivan.

Still gonna check to see if they drop any but at least Im a few hundred dollars ahead of where I was and I can live with that if I have to.

My rates dropped about $50 for mid SUV Sept 29-Oct 4. Now at $253. FINALLY. Alamo using Costco Travel.

Sorry double post in Sept/Oct threads because I am straddling both Sept/Oct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter