October 2019 Car Rentals at MCO are Painful. What are your finds?

Checked my Alamo reservation on Sunday. I started at $570.00 for 9 days. Then it went down to $513.00. Sunday it was down to $366.00, this is for October 18-27. I am using Costco.

Also went through Costco, have an intermediate SUV for a week at $222. We are renting through the Car Care Center and saved about $100 than at MCO. I'll keep checking and booking the cheaper rate.

Also went through Costco, have an intermediate SUV for a week at $222. We are renting through the Car Care Center and saved about $100 than at MCO. I'll keep checking and booking the cheaper rate.

Interesting. Based on your post I looked up a one-way rental, pickup at CCC, return to MCO. Definitely cheaper (though Standard SUV is not cheaper than my current MCO booking from Costco a few weeks back), and works for our trip.

Even more interesting. For whatever reason renting an F-150 or Similar is $184 for the week. Cheaper than an economy Mirage. Don’t know what’s going on there. The savings are big enough that I’m going to research whether this could actually work for us. Would be a fun story, if nothing else! Says it seats 4 so shouldn’t be a regular cab.

We are not staying at Disney, so CCC would not work for us. Have six people, so need the mini van. The last few times down, we only had 4 people and rented a standard and was able to pick a mini van. But I can’t take the chance this time because we need the room of the mini van. I’m hoping to get under 300.

Down to $250 for my week :dogdance:. Standard SUV, Alamo through Costco (so we get the free extra driver as well). October 18th through 25th inclusive.

$250 was my target rate for a larger vehicle.....so I'm shocked to achieve that this far out from our travel dates.

Grrr...my 6 day compact car hasn't budged from $262. I'm renting from a Sunday nght to a Satuday night which may be the problem. When I accidently forgot to change the time from the noon default to 9 PM, it came back cheaper.

Grrr...my 6 day compact car hasn't budged from $262. I'm renting from a Sunday nght to a Satuday night which may be the problem. When I accidently forgot to change the time from the noon default to 9 PM, it came back cheaper.

Rental car pricing is weird. I did a trial for you out of curiosity, Sun 9pm to Sat 9pm = $330. Sun 9pm to Sun 8pm = $293.
Anything preventing turning in early if you're technically booked an extra day?

We are not staying at Disney, so CCC would not work for us. Have six people, so need the mini van. The last few times down, we only had 4 people and rented a standard and was able to pick a mini van. But I can’t take the chance this time because we need the room of the mini van. I’m hoping to get under 300.

Consider the pricing, but maybe catch an Uber/ Lyft to an off airport rental location? Sometimes this may save you a lot. If it's minimal, then just rent from MCO for the convenience. Those airport fees add up depending on the length of your reservation.

Down to $250 for my week :dogdance:. Standard SUV, Alamo through Costco (so we get the free extra driver as well). October 18th through 25th inclusive.

$250 was my target rate for a larger vehicle.....so I'm shocked to achieve that this far out from our travel dates.

Lucky you! Mine just keeps going up! 😣 Standard Suv, October 21-29. Tried top of the hour pick up/drop off, bottom of the hour pick up/drop off, and a combo of both-makes no difference in price, however, the price has increased considerably since I first booked. Are you booking through Alamo directly or through Costco?

ETA- duh, just saw that you booked through Costco. Me too.

Im not a Costco member (not one close to me) but I checked anyway. Our rental (Oct 5th-15th) is still over $500 with the membership discount applied. So its about the same for us with or without Costco.

Are the prices you are all listing before taxes or are taxes included in your cost? I just booked flights from Columbus to Tampa because it was $650 cheaper for our dates. So, we are able to add a beach day to the trip and basically do more for about the same amount of money since now I have to rent a car and pay parking at Disney (already have a free place to stay for an extra night). I'm hoping I can find a good rental deal from Tampa. Oct 18-26.

Are the prices you are all listing before taxes or are taxes included in your cost? I just booked flights from Columbus to Tampa because it was $650 cheaper for our dates. So, we are able to add a beach day to the trip and basically do more for about the same amount of money since now I have to rent a car and pay parking at Disney (already have a free place to stay for an extra night). I'm hoping I can find a good rental deal from Tampa. Oct 18-26.

I like to look at things taxes-in, especially since that includes the airport taxes/fees that can be so much of the rental car total. Costco seems to default this way too.

TPA-TPA, 18th-26th, Noon-Noon looks like your pick of class (even Intermediate SUV or Standard SUV) for ~$311-$341. $415 minivan. Those prices aren't terrible so I'd definitely put a placeholder reservation in now and keep an eye out for better.

I like to look at things taxes-in, especially since that includes the airport taxes/fees that can be so much of the rental car total. Costco seems to default this way too.

TPA-TPA, 18th-26th, Noon-Noon looks like your pick of class (even Intermediate SUV or Standard SUV) for ~$311-$341. $415 minivan. Those prices aren't terrible so I'd definitely put a placeholder reservation in now and keep an eye out for better.
Thank you, do you think time makes a big difference in the cost? I can play around with it. Our flight comes in at 9:30 am and then our return flight leaves at 6:30 pm

Also, I'm not a Costco member (yet).

Thank you, do you think time makes a big difference in the cost? I can play around with it. Our flight comes in at 9:30 am and then our return flight leaves at 6:30 pm

Also, I'm not a Costco member (yet).

You're usually effectively paying for a whole extra day if you're booking it for ~4hrs more than what would be an even 24hr period. So that's a "9 day" rental instead of "8 day." But you can play with it a bit. If you book it for say 10:30 or 11:00, and you're at the counter at 10:00, they're not going to make you wait or charge you extra. You're probably going to want to be at the airport 2 hours before your return flight, so 4:00-4:30 return time.

In this case, 11:00am pickup, 4:00pm return is ~$350-$380, as is a 10:00am pickup and a 5:00pm return, so you're at that 9th day no matter what, unless you reaaaally like hanging around airports. ;)

If you want to skip joining Costco, Alamo Insider (free membership) pricing through Alamo.com isn't that much more. While you're price shopping though, Costco site makes it easier to see if one of the other rental companies has a better price.

You're usually effectively paying for a whole extra day if you're booking it for ~4hrs more than what would be an even 24hr period. So that's a "9 day" rental instead of "8 day." But you can play with it a bit. If you book it for say 10:30 or 11:00, and you're at the counter at 10:00, they're not going to make you wait or charge you extra. You're probably going to want to be at the airport 2 hours before your return flight, so 4:00-4:30 return time.

In this case, 11:00am pickup, 4:00pm return is ~$350-$380, as is a 10:00am pickup and a 5:00pm return, so you're at that 9th day no matter what, unless you reaaaally like hanging around airports. ;)

If you want to skip joining Costco, Alamo Insider (free membership) pricing through Alamo.com isn't that much more. While you're price shopping though, Costco site makes it easier to see if one of the other rental companies has a better price.

haha, don't particularly want to be at the airport longer than we need to. Thank you for your help. I am not seeing those prices when I search those dates/times, but I wonder if it is because I am not a member/logged in. It does say the member discount is included, though. I'm seeing 457/510/513 for Intermediate SUV/Standard/Mini Van. Am I missing something?

haha, don't particularly want to be at the airport longer than we need to. Thank you for your help. I am not seeing those prices when I search those dates/times, but I wonder if it is because I am not a member/logged in. It does say the member discount is included, though. I'm seeing 457/510/513 for Intermediate SUV/Standard/Mini Van. Am I missing something?

Wow, for some reason the CostcoTravel.com prices are waaaay higher for the same rental than the CostcoTravel.ca portal, even though both are quoted in US Dollars. Interesting.

Wow, for some reason the CostcoTravel.com prices are waaaay higher for the same rental than the CostcoTravel.ca portal, even though both are quoted in US Dollars. Interesting.
oh, that is interesting. Ok, at least now I know I am doing it right. I'm going to hang out in this thread and continue to look for deals!! I appreciate your help :)

Keep checking. I rent the same vehicle about 6-10 times for a trip. On any given day,the price may go up or down. From the first time I book my reservation, to the final time is often a difference of $100 or more for a week. For a future trip this fall, I have upgraded 2 levels and decreased teh cost by $60 so far.

I always look at the taxes inclusive price. When I quote rates here, they are always the total prices with all taxes and fees included.

Rates for my data have skyrocketed again. Up $115!! Glad I locked in while prices were low.

We used BJ's and got a mid size suv for 2 weeks late October for 524.00. Hopefully it will drop a little but overall pricing has been high. At least with BJ's and Costco you get a free additional driver since our BIL is going with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!