October 2019 Car Rental Thread

kjw42

Mouseketeer
If there's already I thread for October, I apologize. I didn't see one in my search.
For our late October trips we've always rented a mini van from Alamo for under $300. So far we've had no luck scoring anything similar, has any one else found a great deal yet?

How did you get mini van for that price. Mine through Costco is 500. Help me if you can. We are there from Oct 18-27.

How did you get mini van for that price. Mine through Costco is 500. Help me if you can. We are there from Oct 18-27.

That was from years past. Once was direct through Costco and once was through there Alamo site using Costco Contract ID plus a coupon code. This year I haven't been able to get it below 500 either. If I do I'll be sure to post an update!

I got $384 for a mini van with Alamo for Nov 9-16. I used Costco contract id 7014627 and coupon AD2823JAZ for $25 off.

I agree, Ive never seen prices this high. For the past few years it seemed like priced dropped 1/2 around the 8- 6 week ahead of time mark, but even checking 6 - 4 week out seems like prices have only dropped a little and still ridiulously high. We usually rent a midsize SUV for 12 days under $300. Prices now for August are around $700 and when I checked random May dayes, they were around the upper $500's. YIKES. That along with the new parking fee is putting a dent in my wallet. Im still holding out hope though.

Im looking now to rent a car from October 22nd to Nov 6th preferbly a minivan but i cant find none under $1,000. We are coming from Albany, NY

I'll be hopping aboard the October rental thread as soon as we have booked our flights. Still waiting for Frontier to extend their schedule in the slim hope that they are preferable to super-expensive Delta.

In the meantime, dont be alarmed by the super high prices. We are also traveling to Orlando in May, and our rates started sky-high when we initially booked a vehicle. We have dropped from $425-ish for a standard SUV to $265 (plus that low rate comes with a $30 Costco cash card). And we still have 6 weeks until we leave.....so hopefully prices continue to nudge down.

I got $384 for a mini van with Alamo for Nov 9-16. I used Costco contract id 7014627 and coupon AD2823JAZ for $25 off.
That looks like a great price. We are going Nov 2-9 and the best price I can find for a minivan is $442 on the costco site. Two years ago I paid $285. I was expecting an increase but not this much!

Just booked a mid sized from Alamo for 9 days, 5 hours for $349.34. Hope to do better, last year, same number of days I ended up with the same car for $286.08 from Dollar.

Bill From PA

I have a compact reserved through Costco (Alamo) Oct 6-12, was $304 when booked a couple of weeks ago, down to $288. Hoping it continues to drop!

We reserved an 8 day SUV for $345 in October via Costco (down from original booking price of $416). Also hoping these rates continue to drop!

I just booked a midsize with Alamo on the Costco website. It was $223 all in for an 8 day rental. We would like something bigger but we can live with that price if nothing better comes along.

Just giving this a bump to see if anyone is having any luck? I haven’t seen anything less expensive than what I posted above.

Had some movement on my Oct rental today (Costco). Dropped to $220 for 6 days, down from $245.

Great savings. I switched from Alamo to Enterprise and saved $100 two days ago. Hoping the Enterprise experience is as easy as Alamo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter