October 2018 Party in the Park Exercise Challenge

45 minutes on our last full day in WDW, putting me at 165/900. I am really ready to head home. The heat has been exhausting (remind me of this in February!). Still had lots of fun!

Glad you've had a fun trip! Hope the heat leaves by December. Safe travels home!

We have soooo many color changes today! Woohoo!!!! MikeNamez, Piglet1979, PollyannaMom, Elizabeth Smith, and our TEAM have all reached Big Entrance Blue! Congrats, everyone!! Keep up the great work! :jumping1:

(P.S. If I ever leave someone off of the color change update, please speak up. I always worry I'll forget to mention someone.)

Today we're going to take a step back and have a little history lesson with an article I found on Best of Orlando's website:

"This may be hard to believe -- especially these days, when Main Street, U.S.A. is festooned with Fall colors from the last week of August all the way through to the first week of November -- but there was actually a time when the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort didn't celebrate Halloween.

Mind you, this was the early 1970s right after the WDW Resort had first opened to the public. And given that the Imagineers had decorated the retail corridor for this theme park with all sorts of patriotic bunting (That's because -- on Main Street, U.S.A. -- it's always supposed to be the Fourth of July, which explains why there's a parade being held every day at 3 p.m. More importantly, why fireworks are presented every night) ... Well, they didn't want to confuse Magic Kingdom visitors by trying to celebrate two holidays in the exact same space right on top of one another."

Keep reading here: https://www.bestoforlando.com/artic...tory-of-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

Or watch this short video:

40 minutes yesterday (205/900). Well, the trip is over! Really feels good to be home. I added up the miles we walked - just shy of 40 miles in 9 days!!!! In spite of the broiling heat, we did have a great time! The challenge now is to keep going - with no food booths to motivate me!

Congrats to Twilight Sparkle (that's me!) and sophy1996 for reaching On to the Treats Orange!! :woohoo::woohoo: BonnieF, you're so close to reaching the same - just 20 more minutes.

Our team is doing great! Keep those minutes coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!