October 2003

stevechase

WDW 2012
Hi all

We spent 3 fantastic weeks at the ASM in April this year and I really want to go back.

We would be looking at sometime in October 2003, taking in the half term holidays from school.

Can anyone tell me what the parks and more importantly the weather is like in both the Orlando area nd on the gulf coast.

Thanks
Steve
stevechase@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Steve,

We went in October/November 2000. The weather was wonderful @ 75f, no rain and the evenings were lovely and warm. We were warned to take jumpers/jackets for the evenings as its supposed to cool down, but they stayed firmly locked in the suitcases for the whole two weeks.

All the parks were relatively quiet apart from Saturdays. Never queued more than 20 mins for a ride. Excellent time of year to go, especially if you can take in Halloween.

Tony

Cheers Tony

Thanks for the quick reply. Have a great holiday, are you there over Christmas.

Cheers
Steve

Steve, it's a great time to visit Orlando :cool:

We've been in both March / April and October / November and found the daytime temperatures similar but the evenings seem to stay warmer in the autumn (fall!). The parks aren't open late in October like they would be during the Easter / Spring Break period, but there are the Food & Wine Festival in Epcot and the Hallowe'en parties at that time of year.

We've visited the Gulf Coast (both north and south of Orlando) and loved the change of pace from the theme parks. This October we're going a little further south again.

If you plan to take in the October half term dates you may need to be flexible or book your flight early as they tend to sell out quite early on.

Simple answer - 99 times out of 100 it is the best time of year to go. The 100th time it can get seriously wet, but I have been several times in October and always find it quite ideal.

Hi Steve,

We are going Dec 3rd - 21st. Kids wanted to be home for Christmas.

Cheers
Tony

Hey Steve

You have asked what i wanted to know but we don't have kids, so it is better if we avoid that, so can you tell me when the school holidays are on so we don't go then?

Thanks so much

T:p

October half term is usually the last full week in October, but it does vary from county to county. Sometimes we're off for halloween and sometimes go back to school just before.

Sorry to be so vague but it does depend on where you live.

Libby

Hi Tracy

I think, and this is only a guess, our kids are off from about the 14th, something like that, that is this year, i dont know how much it alters from year to year though. like the lady says, 'Sorry to be so vague"

Where are you going to stay ?

Steve

Hi Steve

Don't really know, really wanted to stay on site but after weighing up the prices it seemed a better deal to stay for 3 weeks off (one on a beach somewhere) not sure yet. I have stayed on I drive twice so may return or try Kissemee. Posted a message to see what people think.

I am not booked yet what about you????

Thanks for that when it comes to booking I am just going to see which works cheaper.

Thanks

T

(Thanks Libby to) ;)

Hi again Tracy,

As far as prices go, we stayed for 18 nights at the All Star Movies, 2 Adults, 1 child and 1 infant. we booked with www.virginholidays.co.uk we found that with only the four of us going, it was as cheap to stay on site as either off site in a hotel, or off site in a villa, because if you stay on site you do not have to worry about a car (unless you want one of course, last thing I want to do on my hols is drive) and if you stay off site you got to add on your tickets. we paid 3600.00 for all of us, i think the adult price was 1280.00 but that was for 18 nights and included ultimate park hopper for the duration, and I have got to admit, it feels a bit special to stay in the centre of it all.

Have a great time, however you do it.

We are looking at Easter 2004, it is a good time because we have kids and they get a good break at easter.

Bye
Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter