October 2 - 15

ShiningSquirrel

Earning My Ears
Returned from a 3 week vacation in Orlando with a side trip to Georgia. (10 day park hoppers)

We have been to Disney several times in the past, but this was the worst. I honestly do not think we will ever return.

The crowds seemed to be larger for the days then it has been in the past. 180 minute wait times seemed to be the norm on many of the more popular attractions. Many times "30 minute" wait times turned out to actually be 100+.

The magic bands where a complete disaster. We arrived at the park to be there at the opening. It took well over an hour to get in as a magic bands did not work. Online account said everything was fine, tickets assigned to each member of the party, memory maker listed, etc. but the bands had no tickets attached. Got the bands fixed and asked if everything was working, including our photo memories purchase and we where assured it was. Photos where not working so we have 1 picture saved, all others where not on our account and could not be found. Fastpass was also not working. Made fastpass reservations, which where all "lost" when they "fixed" our bands. (We where not the only ones, there where many others experiencing issues with the bands during each day of our stay.)

My sister-in-law was robbed during our first day at the magic kingdom. We could not get any assistance from any park employees until we went to city hall and by that time the thief was long gone.

The strollers! OMG the strollers! Apparently there is a new gimmick. If you do not have any young children, you bring a stroller with you anyway as a place to store your ice chest and backpacks (had an older couple with 3 teenagers bragging to me how great it was). Strollers where left in the ques, blocking visitors from getting on some attractions. (WD employees where VERY good at grabbing these and carting them away very quickly.) Visitors pushing strollers screaming at others to get out of their way, using them as battering rams to force their way through crowds, total chaos. Never saw it like this before.

Epcot. So many drunks wondering around. Enough said.

Multiple rides either down for maintenance or breaking down while being ridden.

The fire works shows where spectacular! We saw the show from both Main st and from a boat on the lake.
Simply breathtaking and the light show on the castle was something really special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts