October 19th, 2018 14-Night Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise

Plaid Princess

Recovering CM, Pilot in Training
Disney Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 2018

Map-Wonder-14-Night-Eastbound-Panama-Canal-Cruise-2017.jpg

Here we go Cruisers! Role call! Who are you, where are you from! Have you cruised the canal before? Lets get the long wait going with enthusiasm!​

Last edited:
Well, I'll get the ball rolling!

Just booked this cruise for myself and my Hubby!

8ncvtI-34RnMysaGfFC0rNT3AAWSRiIEDwIGhC3Yksea64TF_QHMFqKPeN-eUqAg1lfCgPn8Ap3W5BnAA6luTO_SdiXMsNW1MPyoaCLT80A5iLZ9Xoq8MViWAzDRxyyr6XAkxI5d6OIZITAi23aoo9RSrO4lVpHM0qYyKgNqUK3epQfNXK8K6mjbyrdMW_IVA7f0Q0JAKnuyfuvslct5LeqoPWKORJtSA6ysXIt4xYMSTU1OjC5Lk9LvNsO0Xwgz5M4lSudXkEt42V0eZmix5XWA9mbaHSg-JnApdfm-Eo0n87tG9tXtUWrns4r3MospoRfCn6bjj-UEUx1zBXQpLKHd60htZ07MCWfqMzxHaC06xJmasdlbupzDRqfZ6WqKFvdq_-U8cK2iYYSCNqG2RvP0SiG2dW40AOVPgGR1MPGWk3_2C9Pq-U22IQwF6OIfHjKjBchJrmEjRambceRTFHitcUvEy40g2HBXmZSHDPfzVosUqo5xfHDAZ3OqGMimJ6c_t7fEY0WItGdCmyGLREFqzCyN7t36ENx3xqIVSGiJp2crhe5QsnJqsM2mNzl8seG1joa5_WgtUJ0T1jJR3RoCrltTu-q-noo-6IIqKKv_Jwfm=s894-no

We're from Long Beach, CA, and this will be our first Panama Canal Cruise.

I'm pretty excited about this, as my very first Disney Cruise was on the Wonder, but I haven't sailed her since!!! Can't wait to see the ship that started my addiction again! :worship:

Glad to be joining you!!!
We live in NE Texas. Sailing will be me, my husband and darling daughter.
This will be our third Panama Canal. Our first was EBPC in Sept '13 and the WBPC in May '16. So looking forward to this one also.
This will also be our 16th Disney cruise for my husband and me. 9 on the Wonder, 4 on the Magic and 3 on the Fantasy. We have 4 of those cruises that are on the books. Along with the Panama Canal, we have one for the Fantasy we will be on in September and a B2B on the Wonder for Jan '18. As you can tell, we love the Wonder. She is my absolute favorite.
Looking forward to talking to you and others that join us on this board. :hyper2:

I can't wait to see her again! We've sailed all the other ships, but the Wonder didn't have the itineraries we were looking for. Then we did the Transatlantic this past fall and fell in love with the long cruises, so Panama here we come!

:jumping1:

Hi everyone! The first ship we sailed on was the Wonder too. We sailed the Wonder on her maiden voyage through the canal in 2011. It was awesome!! We live in southern California too. It will be me, hubby, DD'S 9 and 13 at the time of sailing, and my dad and my husband's mom. Can't wait!

Well, we haven't booked yet...but first thing in the morning! Our first cruise was on the Wonder as well way back in 2007! This will be our 4th cruise, 2nd time on the Wonder, and first Panama Canal cruise! It will just be my wife, Colleen, and me. We hail from the high desert of southern Arizona. We will be celebrating Colleen's birthday onboard, which is Oct 31st!

Booked this morning. This will be our 7th cruise. Just my DH and I. Just got off WBPC, loved it! Let the count down begin!

Karen and Joe from Toronto, Canada! This will be our first time sailing the Panama Canal! So excited!! :yay:

We just booked! I have been wanting to do the EBPC for more than a year; so excited we are doing it!
We will be pulling our daughters, who will be 8 and 11, out if school for 12 days - so it took a lot of soul searching to book!
We live north of San Francisco and have only sailed on the Wonder. First Alaska in 2015 and 2016, then from PC to the Bahamas this March beacause we HAD to see the Wonder's new look!
We plan to establish school time for the girls each (most!) days. Maybe 2 hours in the morning? Does anyone know if these longer school-time DCL trips have any school or academic programming or meet ups?
17 months and two days to go! If is fun to see other excited folks here!

We plan to establish school time for the girls each (most!) days. Maybe 2 hours in the morning? Does anyone know if these longer school-time DCL trips have any school or academic programming or meet ups?

I've never seen anything official, but I have seen plenty of homeschool families doing "school" on the long cruises.

As my name implies, I am from Arizona. Phoenix area to be exact. We booked this cruise yesterday. DH and I will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. It will be our 7th cruise, but first without DD as she will be in her first year of college. Always wanted to cruise through the canal, but the dates always conflicted with DD's school, until now!

As my name implies, I am from Arizona. Phoenix area to be exact. We booked this cruise yesterday. DH and I will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. It will be our 7th cruise, but first without DD as she will be in her first year of college. Always wanted to cruise through the canal, but the dates always conflicted with DD's school, until now!

Hi Neighbor! We're from Sahuarita, AZ!

It will be our 7th cruise as well. It will be our second without our kids. Our oldest is headed off to college and our youngest is in high school (can't be pulled out). It was a very different experience sailing without the kids

Last edited:

It will be our 7th cruise as well. It will be our second without our kids. Our oldest is headed off to college and our youngest is in high school (can't be pulled out). It was a very different experience sailing without the kids

This will be our first Disney cruise without the kids...they are not too happy. lol...Our youngest started university last Fall so DH and I went on a Celebrity cruise, first time traveling without the kids. It certainly is a very different experience.

DH and I just booked this cruise. It will also be our first Disney cruise without the kids. Our youngest will be starting college in September 2018.

This will be our first Disney cruise without the kids...they are not too happy. lol...Our youngest started university last Fall so DH and I went on a Celebrity cruise, first time traveling without the kids. It certainly is a very different experience.

We haven't told DD yet that we booked . :ssst: I want to put that off as long as possible. LOL.

We love our DD dearly, but are looking forward to traveling alone again.

DH and I just booked this cruise. It will also be our first Disney cruise without the kids. Our youngest will be starting college in September 2018.

Same here!

Hi Neighbor! We're from Sahuarita, AZ!

Hi Neighbor! :wave2:

We just got off the WBPC last week and booked this on Tuesday. I seriously can not wait!!!

It will be my husband, myself and our 3 kids (time of sailing 8, 6, and 4).

We haven't told our youngest yet either, I am putting it off as well. Our oldest starts college in the fall of 2017 and youngest starts high school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!