October 16th 2021 - 8-Night Halloween on the High Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral (St Maarten, Antigua, San Juan, Castaway Cay)

dtrain

DIS Veteran
Hello fellow adventurers! DW and I were on the 10 night Hawaii cruise that was canceled and this is where we have moved that booking to. We're excited for the 8 night length and ports we've never been to, since we've only ever done the standard 7 night Eastern Caribbean. I hope to see some people in here who will be joining us, and enjoying Halloween on the High Seas.

Last edited:
My Dreams agent should be booking this for me today! It will be my husband, myself, and our two sons (11 and 9 at time of sailing). It will be our 5th cruise and second time to San Juan but we are excited about going back to San Juan and Castaway as well as to the two new ports!

Hello! We booked this morning! We as in DH and myself, kids are grown and grands not quite ready for a cruise. This is #5 for us. SO ready to be back on ship! First Eastern and High Seas, again so excited! For what ever reason, especially looking forward to San Juan. Sure hope to see you all real soon! 341 days LOL

We are also on this cruise! We did this same cruise in October of 2019 and it was our most favorite cruise ever! Hoping things are back to normal when we sail :)

Hello again everyone. I am in full color coding planning mode LOL
Have you experienced any of these port excursions in St. Maarten/ Martin? Explore Old Town Philipsburg or Under Two Flags? Pros? Cons? Wish you would of known?
St John's, St John Island Tour (the $70pp one)
On Cast A Way Cay, Walking and Kayak Nature Adventure?
Please and thank you.

Was anyone able to get a cabana? They’re all showing “sold out”, so I’m assuming they were gobbled up by concierge?

Hello again everyone. I am in full color coding planning mode LOL
Have you experienced any of these port excursions in St. Maarten/ Martin? Explore Old Town Philipsburg or Under Two Flags? Pros? Cons? Wish you would of known?
St John's, St John Island Tour (the $70pp one)
On Cast A Way Cay, Walking and Kayak Nature Adventure?
Please and thank you.
Hello. This Disney cruise will be our 15th. We have done St. Maarten 2 flags. It was OK in that it gave nice views of the island and a little history. On our second visit to St. Maarten we did St. John's Island snorkel and beach. That was fun. Just be prepared for a long boat ride to St. John's, but that was nice for the scenery. The ride back is much shorter because the return is a shorter route. We spend time on Castaway at Serenity Bay, adults over 18 only. Still a family atmosphere but without the youngsters under 18. Very quite. We have done snorkeling on the family side beaches. BBQs at all locations are very good. We also did the nature & kayak excursion. Very nice secluded adventure. Good walk to get to the kayak location but very worth the walk because you get to see the side of the island that people do not experience. We even did a bike rental and biked a good portion plus stopped at the tower that gives a beautiful view of Castaway and the ship. Hope this helps. Just realize you can't do everything on one cruise. That's why we keep returning. Plus we get to spend time to just relax on some of the cruises. It's nice to see the families with kids enjoy the Disney atmosphere. Yes, it's more expensive than other cruise lines we have been on, but that atmosphere is priceless.

So we are 45 days out from our 16 October sail date. We have heard very little about the longer cruises. I am well aware that DCL is trying to get everything in order.
Being a logical planner this is driving me crazy. We are staying at BWV 10-17. Yes i know the cruise starts on the 16th. But i’m concerned with Airfare.
Do i book a one way home ticket for the 20th?(If the cruise is shortened or do i continue to think it will take place as scheduled?

this is very frustrating as we get closer to 33 day safe passage requirements.

This adulting sucks. 😂

Was anyone able to get a cabana? They’re all showing “sold out”, so I’m assuming they were gobbled up by concierge?
I was able to get a cabana but not one I wanted. I just canceled out of Cabana #16 as it was too far away from Pelican Plunge--the one thing my adult son (autistic) wants to do so I don't want to be so far away from him. It might still be available??!! Go grab it if you'd like. Good luck!

Waiting for a decision by DCL on what our 8 nighter will be like is as exciting as waiting for the day we board and start the cruise. Just have to have that "P" word we always told our kids, patience.:hourglass

Well we just got flipped to a Western, I think we’re still going, and $500 OBC is cool

Well, they JUST updated the itinerary completely...now we're headed to Mexico with 2 stops at Castaway Cay. THANK GOODNESS they didn't change the 8-night part of this--as long as we still keep the 8-days and get to go, I'm cool with whatever itinerary they give us!! I presume most people will be thrilled with 2 days on CC for sure!

HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY! We are still a go. Now for the air ressies which we have been holding off on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!