• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct14 Wonder- Disembark.

DeltaDawn

Earning My Ears
Cast of Characters:
Me- Disney Mom - 41yo
DH- 42yo
DD16A (Disney daughter 16 Amanda)
DD16 J (Disney daughter's friend, living with us, 16 Juliana)
DD14
DD9

Thurs. 10/18
Disembarkation:
One downfall to the early dinner seating is you then have to have breakfast, on the day you leave, at 6:45am!!! With teens (& them staying at common grounds till 2am) this was no easy task! But, we made it, had a nice breakfast, hugged Prakash & Ante goodbye(we took care of the tips the night before) & was off the ship by 8am. We had no problem getting our baggage, or bus to the airport.

A few comments: some of the things I learned from this forum worked for us, some didn’t.
Bring your own hairdryer!!! Unless your head is like Yul Brenner’s. That little thing takes way too long & it gets hot in your hand. I felt like I was using a vacuum cleaner hose (without the attachment) to blow dry my hair! Also the extension cord was a good idea if your own hairdryer’s plug doesn’t fit the outlet by the desk (mine didn’t, but my curling iron did and the extension cord did).
I brought two, over the door, shoe bags for shampoo & stuff in the bathrooms. Turns out we didn’t need them. We had ample room on the shelves in the bathrooms & they had little rails on them to keep stuff from falling off.
Lucky for us, no one got seasick. DH felt sick( but didn’t GET sick) the first night & the sea bands helped him.

Thanks, to everyone’s suggestions that I have read the past six months, preparing for this trip. I hope my reports help someone preparing for theirs. Feel free to ask me any questions, and have a great time, we did!!
And for Dave from Marietta, and the girl that I promised the teen navigator to(I have your name written down elsewhere), as soon as my kid teaches me how to use the scanner, I will send them on to you both. :) Hopefully real soon, I know your trip is in Nov.

Dawn, what a wonderful trip report. I went on the 3day cruise Wonder 27th-30th Sept and your report made all my memories come flooding back. I cant wait to go back back, i dont now about you.

Sounds like you all had an excellent time :)

Emma

Pixie Power,
Thanks for your comments. We definetly want to go on another cruise!!! I haven't gotten Disney out of my system yet (I may never), that's why I keep coming back to these boards and reading everyones reports. It's like getting a fix!!!! A Disney fix!!!!! My kids think I'm crazy!! But it sounds like you might understand........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter