Oct 1-5 trip report

FLkid

Mouseketeer
We just got back last night from 5 days of Disney.

Tues oct 1
we did epcot food and wine festival!
We were there 4pm-9:30pm. Our longest wait time was 16 minutes for soarin (even though the sign said 35 min wait) and we ended up getting right back on the ride with a 5 minute wait. we didn't need a fast pass that night.

Wed oct 2
we spent the day at MK. Our longest wait time was 15 minutes for splash mountain. All wait times posted said double what they actually ended up being. We were there from 9:30am to 2pm when we came back to the hotel for a break. We returned at 5pm and enjoyed the amazing fireworks. My only complaint is the electrical parade, there was no where to watch from that wasn't already filled. They made the walkway huge and the parade viewing area very small. Although we got a great spot many many people were arguing with CM's that were telling them to keep it moving. *shrug*

Thurs oct 3
we made it to Animal Kingdom by 9AM. We rode Mount Everest back to back literally walking right on. No wait for dinosaur either. We had a 7 minute wait for the safari and while in line we were able to get a last minute reservation for tusc house where we met mickey goofy and daisy :D. We returned to Mount Everest and waited around 8 minutes. Bugs life was maybe 3 minute wait. After a few more rides we left around 3 to rest up before MNSSHP!
We got back to MK around 5, rides were all posted 20-45 minute waits an were actually half that. We watched the parade twice, and had almost a front row for the fireworks. (Awesome!)

Fri oct 4
We decided last minute to go to DHS. Rockin roller coaster was posted 35 min wait but it took about 15. Tower of terror was the same. We got to ride rockin roller coaster twice (used a FP the second time), TOT once and star tour/great movie ride then finished up with lunch at sci fi drive in

We left there and went back to epcot F&W
Much busier than Tuesday night of course but we were still able to do soarin and a few other rides with 15 minute wait tops.

We had an experience when we got off of soarin and my mother had stopped to use the restroom. A woman in about her 70s who was an amputee in a electric scooter was in the hallway with her pants half down. She had her underwear on but she was trying to cover her legs with her t shirt. There was no one around her that appeared to know her. But lots of people staring. My mom returned from the restroom about the same time and we told her about this woman. My mom has been a nurse for 30 years and is currently a marketing director for an assisted living community so she quickly approached the woman and asked her if she needed help. She and the woman went back into the restroom where my mom assisted her with her clothes. The faces of the women coming out of the bathroom were like they had seen a ghost and they were all talking about this stranger helping this woman get her clothes on like it was some crazy act. I guess to some it was crazy, but to my mom it was just a friendly gesture. The woman was very grateful and we parted ways as her family returned from the soarin ride.

Overall a great experience and the wait times were AMAZING. I've spent many hours in wait lines at IOA and US before so this was so cool. We couldn't have asked for a better trip after years of not going.

The CM's were SO friendly and more than willing to chat it up. They would go out of their way to find an answer for us if they didn't know it.

My mom was a "queen" for MNSSHP and almost every CM addressed her as such. It was so much fun. My skeleton costume ended up getting me more candy because all of the CM's would comment how they could see my ribs and give me an extra handful.

My only complaints were the monorail wait times. Only because it felt weird to get on rides within minutes but sometimes it was a 30 minute wait for the monorail. It couldn't really be helped though, we would leave at park close (after fireworks) but even when we waited until the majority of the crowd left it would still be backed up at the monorail.

On the night of MNSSHP the monorail had a gigantic crowd. It wasn't moving at all. We happened to look over and notice the ferry boat was boarding and there was no line. We thought maybe it was a resort only ferry? But we went over there anyways and to our surprise it was going to the parking lot. We were 4 of maybe 40 people on the huge ferry. They closed boarding and we were at the parking lot within minutes with no crowding or armpits in our faces.

We spent Sat the 5th at downtown disney where I was trying to find "ol king cole" from the silly symphonies vinylmation set. I ended up not only finding him but also the chaser (the rarest of the set).The CMs were so excited when they found out I got it that they had me show it to several of them (I think they were more excited than even I was!). They really made it such a cool experience. We also ate at Trex for a second time which was awesome.

we had an amazing trip. I'm so glad we decided to give disney a try this year.

Thank you for your trip report! Your mom is awesome. :thumbsup2

We will be going next week, and I'm wondering if AK or DHS are decorated for fall or Halloween. I know that MK will be decorated, and we are planing to visit F&W fest at Epcot, but I'm wondering if we should try to visit AK and DHS this month? :confused3

There were no fall decorations at HS or AK that I saw. I didn't even know they decorated those parks!

Weather was beautiful. We had maybe two 10 minute sprinkles during our 5 day stay. Some days were cloudy while others were hot with a breeze surprisingly. I was dreading AK due to the fact that everyone who reviews it talks about how hot and humid it is there, but to my surprise there was a nice steady breeze throughout the day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter