Oceaneers Lab Questions

tkd lisa

An old school dis boarder
Okay, more first time cruiser questions.

While the kids are in the Labs, if they get thirsty, what do the counselors give them? We have the mugs as part of our package, and I'm thinking that I should send them with the kids to the labs, but I also don't want them guzzling soda all day long (which I know they would!!) I'm sure that the counselors wouldn't like the results of all that sugar and caffiene either (LOL)!

Also a question on the age groups. I guess I'm the opposite of everyone posting here. DD will turn 10 on 3/27 and we cruise 5/11. I'd like to bump her down because: 1) she's much more mature with younger kids than older kids - she seems to like being the example/helper, 2) she's REALLY small (52 pounds) and just stands out as the little one, and 3) her brother is almost 9 and will be in that group. Is this a big deal?? If I do nothing, but sign her in to the 8-9 group, will they move her over just looking at her age? I'd rather not make a big deal about it in front of her, since I don't want her to think that I think she's not "grown up enough". I guess I'm pretty worried about this, because she's had pretty big problems with her girl scouts in this exact type of setting. Any insight you have would be great!!

Thanks! (and it's less than 100 days now!)

There are water fountains in the club areas for drinks. If your child wants anything else, you will probably be paged to come and take care of it, so I wouldn't bother sending the mugs - I don't think they'd be able to use them in the clubs.

The way I understand it, you can move your child down one age group without a problem.

My dd will have just turned 13 when we next cruise. I watched the teen group several times, and they looked SO much older than dd, that I was worried.

I stopped at the Lab desk and was assured that I could still register her in the Lab next cruise, as they don't mind moving kids down an age group. They don't like to move kids up, tho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter