Oakland Museum of California

maconMouse

Mouseketeer
I have an upcoming trip next month to Disneyland, and was wondering if anyone had visited the current "Behind the Magic - 50 Years at Disneyland" exhibit that is on display at the Oakland Museum of California.

http://www.museumca.org/exhibit/exhi_disney1.html

I was going to try to work this into the itinerary if others thought it was a great thing to see & do on the trip. Does anyone have any pictures or information on this exhibit? How hard is it to get to from the parks? Thanks so much for any information or help.

We saw this Exhibit last Saturday and really enjoyed it. Lots of good information about behind the scenes and the early years.
That said, we went becuase we were visiting my parents who live less than 20 miles away.
It is about a 7+ hour drive from the Disneyland area to Oakland. The Exhibit took us less than 2 hours to tour. Not sure it would be worth it to me to travel so far just to see the Exhibit.
When it leaves Oakland in August, I think it will be travelling to other museums. It started at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn MI. Maybe it will be coming to a museum closer to your home town. -- Suzanne

Not an easy drive from DL to Oakland... I would not do it mostly because I have done the drive many many time and it never was easy or without stress.

Regards

Taz

Unless you were planning on a trip to SF/Bay Area I would forget the trip to Oakland. The drive up north would take a good 6- 7 hours.

I haven't seen the exhibit yet, plan to go in the next couple weeks, but I am only 2.5 hours from Oakland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter