NYE Update AND a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney deals with this every day. You'd be far better off planning for the best touring plan and options for your father than harassing guest services for months for something that will not happen. The best option for your father is to have a mobility device and to go to guest services when you arrive to try to obtain a DAS. He must have reasons why he cannot wait in a standard queue. No one can say whether or not he will be given one. A good touring plan and use of your 3 FP+ is your best bet - think of the DAS as a bonus IF you should get it.

May can be pretty warm, so take that into account. The heat will likely have a big impact on him. There will be other factors as well, ones that a DAS or all the fastpasses in the world couldn't help.

A nice Disney trip is definitely doable for your father, but only if you learn from your NYE experience and realize that people here CAN help if you are willing to listen. Disney deals with "my XXX is sick" all the time. It's not a special situation to them. IF you are willing to listen, the people on this forum can really help you plan a decent trip - with or without the DAS - but that requires you to be willing to learn from them.

Thank you to everyone who responded in kind. I will definitely look into the DAS option as well as the VIP tour. However I would also like to address the people called me arrogant and basically treated me as though I were asking for a lot. Maybe I am asking for a lot, but it never hurts to ask. Why would you be concerned about cast members wasting their time on me? These people work for Disney they signed up for the job and they get paid to do the job.

It seems as though there are some people on the site will go above and beyond to insult and just be plain nasty to others. I would hope that he Disney website would not foster this, but I guess you’ll get that anywhere you go. It’s unfortunate that Some of you can get upset over my positive way of thinking Some of you can get upset over my positive way of thinking.

As far as the ECV goes and his stamina, I personally have never been through dialysis and I’m sure that most of you have not either though I would not be surprised if some of you have. I do not know what it feels like to have the lack of stamina on dialysis days that he has but I can tell you he is extremely tired he loses pounds of weight after the dialysis treatment somehow and he is pretty much unable to eat for the day.

Again, thank you to those who had kind words. To those who felt the need to insult perhaps you should consider not saying anything at all. When I see that I do not mean to people who have said I will not get extra fast passes that is your opinion and it is pretty close to fact. However I am addressing those of you who couldn’t simply have a conversation without yourselves becoming arrogant.

Thank you to everyone who responded in kind. I will definitely look into the DAS option as well as the VIP tour. However I would also like to address the people called me arrogant and basically treated me as though I were asking for a lot. Maybe I am asking for a lot, but it never hurts to ask. Why would you be concerned about cast members wasting their time on me? These people work for Disney they signed up for the job and they get paid to do the job.

It seems as though there are some people on the site will go above and beyond to insult and just be plain nasty to others. I would hope that he Disney website would not foster this, but I guess you’ll get that anywhere you go. It’s unfortunate that Some of you can get upset over my positive way of thinking Some of you can get upset over my positive way of thinking.

As far as the ECV goes and his stamina, I personally have never been through dialysis and I’m sure that most of you have not either though I would not be surprised if some of you have. I do not know what it feels like to have the lack of stamina on dialysis days that he has but I can tell you he is extremely tired he loses pounds of weight after the dialysis treatment somehow and he is pretty much unable to eat for the day.

Again, thank you to those who had kind words. To those who felt the need to insult perhaps you should consider not saying anything at all. When I see that I do not mean to people who have said I will not get extra fast passes that is your opinion and it is pretty close to fact. However I am addressing those of you who couldn’t simply have a conversation without yourselves becoming arrogant.

I don't think people are being nasty, just really questioning your constant need to prove everyone wrong despite the advice you've been given. Think about it: You ignored previous advice, only to come back and tell people they were right. Now they have advice about your situation, which you've been quick to brush off. People here know what they're talking about, and they're trying to help you.

Disney has systems in place to handle situations like this, as you've been advised, so to keep badgering cast members and requesting more more more and special access in spite of that is ... it's not rude, but it's inconsiderate to put people in situations like that when you simply don't like the policy in place.

Hope your family has a nice trip.

Last edited:
I’m going to close this thread at this point.

I would like to mention that all of Disney’s information about DAS indicates they can only answer general information questions on the phone.
The only place that DAS can be authorized is at Guest Relations at one of the Theme Parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter