NYE...if we avoid the parks, what resort most fun...

So we are doing a resort crawl on New Years Eve around monorail resorts. We are staying at Bay Lake, starting there then going by boat to Wilderness Lodge for a drink around 5 or so. From there we head to GF to see the gingerbread house, and then end the night at Poly with an Ohana reservation at 9:30...party of 19 by the way..crazy! Crossing fingers they do the same restrictions at the beach with guests and ADR's...not just guests. I'm hopeful that after the fireworks the Poly Monorail station isn't SUPER crowded and we can get on without having to wait forever. Any feedback on monorail station lines during NYE? Thanks in advance.

So we are doing a resort crawl on New Years Eve around monorail resorts. We are staying at Bay Lake, starting there then going by boat to Wilderness Lodge for a drink around 5 or so. From there we head to GF to see the gingerbread house, and then end the night at Poly with an Ohana reservation at 9:30...party of 19 by the way..crazy! Crossing fingers they do the same restrictions at the beach with guests and ADR's...not just guests. I'm hopeful that after the fireworks the Poly Monorail station isn't SUPER crowded and we can get on without having to wait forever. Any feedback on monorail station lines during NYE? Thanks in advance.

I only walked through the Grand Ceremonial House a couple of times last NYE when we were at Poly so not sure how the ebbs and flows were, but I’d mentally prep for longer monorail lines than usual - especially after fireworks. Same applies to the boats and such you’ll be taking to other resorts on your journey. Just one of those days where everything is busting at the seams.

How are you planning on getting back to BLT after fireworks?

Don’t forget the 6:30pm show too... sounds like you may be at WL or maybe en route to GF.

Have fun!

I only walked through the Grand Ceremonial House a couple of times last NYE when we were at Poly so not sure how the ebbs and flows were, but I’d mentally prep for longer monorail lines than usual - especially after fireworks. Same applies to the boats and such you’ll be taking to other resorts on your journey. Just one of those days where everything is busting at the seams.

How are you planning on getting back to BLT after fireworks?

Don’t forget the 6:30pm show too... sounds like you may be at WL or maybe en route to GF.

Have fun!
So the thought was to ride the monorail back to BLT. Figured enough people would be getting off at TTC, Contemporary, and Poly for us to get on. Good or bad idea?

Last year we had NYE dinner plans at Raglan Road in Disney Springs. I remember as we pulled into the parking garage there were signs posted that we should expect it to take up to 3 hours to be able to exit the garage!!! After seeing that, we pretended we were actually in Ireland and celebrated New Years on Ireland time that night (7PM) and got the heck out of there before midnight. I think we left around 9pm and it took longer than normal to leave, but thankfully not 3 hours.

I totally recommend an uber if you get back to the Great Ceremonial House and the monorail is packed. It might seem silly to get somewhere you can literally see, but when I was there in August we would grab an uber back to our hotel after the fireworks at night, and didn't have to battle bus lines ever. It might be worth it to not have to stand around, at least in you're in a car you're seated and comfortable even if traffic sucks.

So the thought was to ride the monorail back to BLT. Figured enough people would be getting off at TTC, Contemporary, and Poly for us to get on. Good or bad idea?

Hesitant to give advice because we booked it back to our room (it was cold!) so didn't have to deal with any transportation. Not sure what kind of madness awaited heading out at the monorail station! Probably one of those "stay calm and press on" moments with Disney transportation and you may just have to roll with it. Or stop at Trader Sam's for a bit (also probably crowded). :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter