NYE at MK and Epcot, yes we've lost our minds

Wow, yeah, I'm not sure I could move that many folks either.
This will just be DH and myself and I don't unpack any more than tossing my makeup bag on the bathroom counter.

I got input from DH and his vote was to stay at CC instead of CR. I think I will make the switch, unless I can get us in a Garden room at CR at some point. I doubt one opens up but you never know

This is half touring/half resort question

We've officially gone crazy and planning something I never thought I would plan.
NYE at Disney, along with millions of our closest friends ;)
We know what we are getting in to and trying to plan to make the evenings go as well as possible.
We are planning MK on the 30th and Epcot on the 31st.
Since we can't get any room at a discount on those nights and something we really want to avoid are transportation hassles following the fireworks each night, I'm looking to book a room in CR on the 30th and the Epcot area on the 31st. (both are available)

At Epcot on the 31st it's not a question really. We know for sure we want one of the Epcot resorts so we can walk out the back side and to our room.
But on the 30th we'll be paying more to stay at a room we can walk to. I can pay about $150 less for a room over at WL (CC technically) which is both a place we love and DH would love to see the new rooms.
So, what I'm asking is, is it worth paying more to avoid the transportation hassles following the fireworks and such on Saturday night at MK? Is it actually necessary? Having never been I'm not sure how many stay following the fireworks
Looks like the park is open till 2:00 AM, it's just DH and I so we'll plan to stay following fireworks and can wait the crowds out. I'm not sure what time we'll head TO the park though. We do land early that morning, currently. So we'll take a nap as soon as we get in our room, whenever that may be.

Other than watching fireworks, we'll be planning to grab 3 FP for each park and that's about it. The rest will be just to be there and soak up the atmosphere. We'll have no specific goals or plans in place. We won't even be after a good view, as I know folks will be camping out all day for those. Not sure I've got that in me. But, feel free to give me any and all survival advice you have. I'm all ears.

I just saw that you and your DH made up your mind - just wanted to drop in to say it looks like we might run into each other in the parks again soon! We have the same plan - MK on the 30th and Epcot on the 31st. We're staying at the Poly on the 30th, though, and moving over to the YC on the 31st. I think on the 30th we're probably going to watch the parade and the earlier fireworks inside MK, and watch the late show from the Poly beach. On the 31st, we have an ADR at Rose & Crown hoping to see the early Illuminations show. I'm not sure if my DH and DD will be able to stick it out for midnight in Epcot, so I booked a water view room hoping to be able to see some of the higher fireworks if we end up back in the room. Our FP plans for the entire week are similar to yours - book three each day and have no other specific expectations. We've never gone at Christmastime, so we also just want to take in the atmosphere. If I don't see you, have a great time!

Wow, yeah, I'm not sure I could move that many folks either.
This will just be DH and myself and I don't unpack any more than tossing my makeup bag on the bathroom counter.

I got input from DH and his vote was to stay at CC instead of CR. I think I will make the switch, unless I can get us in a Garden room at CR at some point. I doubt one opens up but you never know

Keep stalking - I was trying to snag rooms for a late November trip which started off with everything booked up but I've been amazed at what rooms have come available this late in the game.

We've done it twice and would do it again, so I'm not sure what it says about us...We stayed at CSR the first time and BC the next year. BC was definitely better for NYE being able to just go back to the resort whenever we wanted regardless of the bus (although CSR wasn't long waits either night the year we stayed there). Best part about the Epcot resorts in our opinion was being able to grab a bus to whichever resort was leaving first and walking the short distance to our resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter