NYE at DCA - go or not go?

BryANDJessMom

Mouseketeer
Hi! We have a trip planned for NYE time. The plan is to go to DL on the 30th and DCA on the 31st.

I know it will be busy NYE so we got reservations for lunch at Lamplight and Dinner at Carthy. I have recently heard horror stories of DL (i have been at DL during the summer when it is super busy)...but I was thinking DCA wouldn’t be as bad as DL? Anyone there last year? (I am planning to get MaxPass)

Should I cancel?
Thanks!

We are planning to go too. We have reservations at Splitsville first then either DL or DCA.

We are spending NYE at DL. Some have mentioned that DCA is better for crowds on NYE, but we have decided to go to DL that day. We know it will crowded, but we will still enjoy it. We have reservations at Blue Bayou that day.

I’ve done many NYE nights at DCA, but not in the last couple of years (last time was 2015-2016).

We had an absolute blast ringing in the new Year at DCA.

Tips:

-you can spend the morning at DL (if you have parkhoppers) as long as you arrive early. We usually rope dropped DL and stayed until about 11am or so.
-try not to need a locker. I have a pic of us at Carnation Cafe eating breakfast and the line for the lockers is down Main Street. Yikes!
-Smart thinking to have the dining reservations. Because the lines for quick service can be loooonnnnnggg. This may be somewhat alleviated these days by mobile ordering, but the kitchens can only make food so fast. And since you’ll want a break anyway, it just makes sense.
-bring patience because it will be crowded and it may take a bit more time to navigate things like security and such.
-on days like NYE, i am sure MaxPass will be worth it’s cost.
-Have fun!

I am unsure this year what DCA has planned for entertainment that night. In years past they did a Fountains and Fireworks show that was pretty great. In fact, in my opinion it was better than the DL show. But with WOC down, I wonder if anyone knows their plan? If it is just fireworks, they go off behind the Pier area. We would literally walk over to the Pier a few minutes before midnight with a glass of champagne, watch the show, and wait for them to re-open TSMM and have our first ride of the new year.

Don’t cancel! You’re ready. It will be super crowded but not crowds so packed everyone is at a standstill crowded like DL gets. The reservations sound perfect!

We do DCA every year...it is great. We spend AM in DL then bug out and never look back. It is freakin zoo in DL where by night time DCA is no worse than a busy weekend.

Last two years we headed back to DL after midnight and the crowds left and closed out DL till 2am!

We love it.
That sounds like a genius way to ring in the New Year!

We are spending NYE at DL. Some have mentioned that DCA is better for crowds on NYE, but we have decided to go to DL that day. We know it will crowded, but we will still enjoy it. We have reservations at Blue Bayou that day.
Just don’t leave DL before your BB reservation. You don’t want to get hit with a gate closure that leaves you stuck outside the park.

I agree with pp DO NOT CANCEL. Just go. It will be super crowded, but you will spend NYE at Disneyland. Disneyland trips are really what you make of them. If the crowds will make you miserable then obviously maybe think twice about going. But you already have reservations, just go with the flow and enjoy you NYE at Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter