NYE 2017-Best park and strategy

Neverland98

Mouseketeer
Howdy!
My DH, DS (15), DS (14), and D (12) will be starting our AP's over New Year's. We are splurging with a stay at Beach Club so we can have walking access to 2 parks during this crowded time. Our trip is 12/30 - 1/2. It will be our first trip to the World over NYE but we had AP's 2015-2016 when we first moved to FL, so we are familiar with the parks. We know we can't "Do It All" so this trip is focused on Christmas, NY, and just being back in the Disney parks (which is the best part!
My questions:
1. Will the Christmas decor still be up at the parks and resorts? When will it come down?
2. Best park for NYE? I saw lots of EPCOT recommendations and to avoid the chaos of MK. What about DHS? Will it have a spectacular fireworks show or anything special/festive? Will DAK be closing earlier in the evening and not be open until midnight?
3. Does EPCOT stay "relatively" family-friendly even on NYE? Not looking for "sobriety among all", but don't want to be in a sea of wasted adults with three tweens/teens. NEVER have we found it to be an issue on other nights or even during F&W but I totally understand that drinking and NYE tend to go together, so I expect a sharp uptick. Just wanted to be sure it is still good for families.

TIA for any advice!

I meant to post this on the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies thread. Can a moderator move it, if needed?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter