NYC Port Help - What to expect???

Tink316

Mouseketeer
We are first time cruisers leaving out of NYC. We will be driving to the port. Can anyone give a little bit of info on what we do/where we go once we arrive? I'm guess there will be signage, but any advance info might help to alleviate some of the anxiety I'm feeling.

Thanks!

T

If you have the address to port just follow signage once you get by port.

This is the 3rd cruise out of NYC for DH and me. My husband is from NYC and I use to work in Manhattan, so we are very comfortable getting to the port from our home in NJ.

We usually, come in from one of the tunnels and head North up the Westside Hwy. Port is on the left. There is a left hand turn signal at the traffic light which is directing you to cruise ship parking. You will go up a ramp and you will be directed from there.

Once you park, there are personnel that will direct you to the terminal. I think there are even porters to help you right from the parking lot, but I am not 100% sure. We always handle our own luggage.

Once in th terminal you will be direct through security and then on to check in. You will eventually see CM fo DCL waving the Big Mickey Hand and then you know you have made it.

The view of the city from the ship is so gorgeous. And the views of NJ and the Hudson River are pretty good too. You will sail pass the Statue of Liberty and under the Verranzo Narrows Bridge, pretty nice sights.

All the best and good luck. We leave again out of NYC in 2 weeks.

check posts #69 and on the next page of that thread linked above.....it gives some pics of the terminal.

We have cruised out of NYC several times. You will follow the signs into the terminal area and be directed up a ramp to the mid level area (there are 3 levels). Top is for parking. You actually park on the roof of the terminal. Mid-level is where you can drop off your luggage with a porter (I also do not know if there are porters on the roof) and then continue up to the roof. There will be signs to the parking area. This is what the mid-level looks like when up go up the ramp.
DSC06528.jpeg DSC06529.jpeg DSC06532.jpeg

MJ

Last edited:

Mid-level is where you can drop off your luggage with a porter (I also do not know if there are porters on the roof) and then continue up to the roof. There will be signs to the parking area. This is what the mid-level looks like when up go up the ramp.
My wife and I did B2B (Quebec->NYC followed by NYC->Bermuda->NYC) so I can't give first hand experience about arriving at the NYC port. Our daughter and her family joined us and drove to the port from the Albany area. They did not see any porters when they parked, so they had to get all there luggage, along with their 4 children into the port on their own.

My wife and I did B2B (Quebec->NYC followed by NYC->Bermuda->NYC) so I can't give first hand experience about arriving at the NYC port. Our daughter and her family joined us and drove to the port from the Albany area. They did not see any porters when they parked, so they had to get all there luggage, along with their 4 children into the port on their own.

Thanks...we have parked on the roof a few years ago and couldn't remember if any porters were up there. I know they are on the mid-level for personal drop offs. Next time they should drop their luggage first and then park. Its tough wrangling luggage and kids!!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter