NYC Dis Meet 8/24/12 Pre-Cruise w/PodCast members - DETAILS ADDED page 4!

Can you join us on 8/24 in NYC for this meet?

• I'll be there with bells on!

• Maybe...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thank you so much to everyone who made it out to this fundraiser, for all of your donations (which overwhelmed me with your generosity), for great conversations and laughs, for the love and support (which was not withdrawn) by the Dis Unplugged Team, for the efforts of my co-organizer Gillian.. I could go on and on.

I will say that my heart has been totally uplifted by this event, and even this morning, I feel so wonderful knowing that we raised so much money for GKTW. I have a few more people who have promised me straight donations this week that were unable to come out to the dinner, which altogether will put our total around $2500. I know that our donation will make a difference, and I want all of you to revel in that. The power of ten program is an incredibly wonderful thing.

Thank you all a million times, and I hope we can stay in touch!

Ginamarie

I absolutely echo all that Ginamarie wrote above.

Ginamarie. Planning this event with you was a wonderful experience, and I think we did a pretty good job for first-timers! :thumbsup2 Thank you so much! Let's hope to make this an annual event!

I want to thank all of you for coming last night, and for your generosity. I'm still kinda blown away by the whole thing, and will write something more cogent and concise once I've had a chance to process it all...but I wanted to make sure you all know how grateful I am for the whole experience. Meeting new people, raising all that money -- just amazing!

Kevin and John -- safe travels! Thank you SO much for coming, and for your extreme generosity. I honestly cannot thank you enough! :hug:

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll be relaxing on the couch and trying to decide what to plan next ;)

Huge thanks to Gillian and GinaMarie ! Charlotte and I had a terrific time. All the folks at our table were a fun bunch. I have to say, though, that I am appalled with myself because we left and I completely forgot to pay for my glass of wine! What a freeloader!

Don't worry about it HootDad, I covered ya. You can buy me a drink at the next meet :thumbsup2

Jayme and I had such a good time. We are inspired to have a central pa GKTW meet. Maybe I cloud bribe everyone to come with fudge and chocolate. :)

If anyone wants to friend me on Facebook, pm me.

I forgot to mention- I didn't have my camera with me last night and know that some of you took pictures. I'd be grateful for any pictures you guys could share with me! Just PM me and I can give you my email address.

I do have some pics. Was thinking of posting them on the thread, but I can email them to whoever would like to see them, too. Just let me know.

I know Jayme got some and will be posting them on Flickr and may post the link here.

I hardly took any photos at all. But these 2 came out OK.

The party room at Trattoria Trecolori
DSCN7798.jpg

DISers are always so happily parting with their money!
DSCN7799.jpg

I look forward to seeing other people's photos. :thumbsup2

Gillian and Ginamarie,

Thank you for a wonderful evening! Zachary and I had a wonderful time. I know you put in alot of time and effort and it was well worth it. Try to come to the New England meet; it would be great to see you again!

Cathy

Just wanted to say thanks to Gillian and Ginamarie for setting up the meet! I had a great time and it was nice to meet other DISers in the area.

Hope we can all do it again soon :goodvibes

I just wanted to say thanks for such a wonderful time! It was great and I'm so happy we raised so much money!

Just wanted to say we had a wonderful time - it was so much fun talking with our tablemates; meeting Kevin (sorry we didn't get a chance to say to Hi to John too but I understand there were so many people to chat with!); the food was very good; so happy we were able to raise money for GKTW, and winning the snowglobe was the icing on the cake! :woohoo:

Thank you so much to Gina Marie and Gillian for doing an awesome job & being so welcoming! :flower3:

Ken (kcb1dizbksfan) - just looked at the other thread with your pictures and they really came out great (one of the few I have of my daughter & I that we are both happy with :lmao:).

For someone like me who is very shy, this was a big adventure and everyone could not have been more warm & welcoming!

Thanks again to everyone - hope we can all do it again next year!
BklynGirl (Robin)

Just wanted to thank Kevin and John (and the rest of the team) for the very kind words on the podcast this week! Made me all verklempt! You guys are the best! :hug: :goodvibes

So glad everyone had a good time. Looking forward to the next one! :thumbsup2

:wave: ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT! :wave:

Hi everyone! Just spreading the word about our upcoming NJ DIS Meet for Give Kids the World! Figured I would reach out to my NYC-meet people and let you know. This is an all-weekend event!

See all the details here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3046346

Podcast members will be in attendance, including the one and only Pete Werner! Hope to see you there! :thumbsup2

Plugging again! :cool1:

Would love to have some of you who came to the NYC meet join us in New Jersey April 26-28! It's going to be a GREAT weekend. We have games planned for Friday night; lunch, silent auction and a
PODCAST RECORDING on Saturday, followed by nighttime bowling; and diner breakfast and shopping on Sunday!

Pete, Corey, Julie, Dustin, Teresa, and Kathy will all be there! :cool1:

Please follow the link in my signature for all the details :goodvibes

ShesAPirate said:
Plugging again! :cool1:

Would love to have some of you who came to the NYC meet join us in New Jersey April 26-28! It's going to be a GREAT weekend. We have games planned for Friday night; lunch, silent auction and a PODCAST RECORDING on Saturday, followed by nighttime bowling; and diner breakfast and shopping on Sunday!

Pete, Corey, Julie, Dustin, Teresa, and Kathy will all be there! :cool1:

Please follow the link in my signature for all the details :goodvibes

Wish we could make it, but we are going away the weekend before.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Wish we could make it, but we are going away the weekend before.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Aw, that's too bad! I guess that means no delicious fudge for this meet :sad:

Hopefully we'll have another NYC meet this summer and you'll be able to make that one! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!