NYC / Boston ABD cancelled for all of 2009

ga9497

DIS Veteran
Just an FYI in case anyone is booked on this one and hasn't received the call yet

Yes the whole itinerary - they weren't getting much interest in this tour and they are going to revamp it and maybe bring it back in the future. To be honest I would have loved to take this ABD. I live in the northeast area but it would have been fun to go on it, no airfare involved. If it weren't for the price for 4. It was over $11,000 with early booking and you still had to pay 4 lunches and 3 dinners out of pocket

They pulled the California one, Coasting the Golden State, last year because it didn't generate enough interest.

They did this last year with the California tour, coasting the Golden State, they revamped it and brought it back as Golden Path to Yosemite.

I think part of the problem with this trip is that in this economy, people aren't willing to pay top dollar for an itinerary that they could recreate themselves for the most part, for much less money. Of course, doing it on your own wouldn't have the same magic as doing it with Disney, but if you wanted to see Boston and NYC, you could do it for less by staying at less expensive hotels, etc.

Personally, I would be willing to spend the extra money for some of the foreign destinations that I'm less familiar with because it's easier to let Disney worry about transportation logistics, currency and language differences, etc. but for a domestic trip that doesn't seem to offer a lot of unique experiences that I couldn't book on my own, there's no way I'd pay that kind of money.

Before the itinerary came out, I had high hopes for this trip. I really wanted to visit NYC with Disney. However, I was disappointed with the itinerary. There wasn't enough time in NYC and most was spent on your own. I really wanted more the just Mary Popins on Broadway. I thought at least two Disney Broadway shows.

To say the least, I bypass this and seems so many others did the same.

I look forward to some improvements and a return to NYC

I think part of the problem with this trip is that in this economy, people aren't willing to pay top dollar for an itinerary that they could recreate themselves for the most part, for much less money. Of course, doing it on your own wouldn't have the same magic as doing it with Disney, but if you wanted to see Boston and NYC, you could do it for less by staying at less expensive hotels, etc.

Personally, I would be willing to spend the extra money for some of the foreign destinations that I'm less familiar with because it's easier to let Disney worry about transportation logistics, currency and language differences, etc. but for a domestic trip that doesn't seem to offer a lot of unique experiences that I couldn't book on my own, there's no way I'd pay that kind of money.
I think that's the same issues they had with the Hawaii itineraries. From what I read, most of the stuff they did was through the resort, and really stuff you could do on your own if you wanted.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter