NYC adventure

ABD canceled a Germany trip for me 3 years ago and I've never rebooked because the Itinerary changed. This NYC irks cause it was twice. Really? I called to complain today. Talked to a supervisor. Tauck doesn't do this.... afaik. Frankly, the only decent reason to cancel is emergency/safety. This enrollment thing shouldn't be an issue.

ABD canceled a Germany trip for me 3 years ago and I've never rebooked because the Itinerary changed. This NYC irks cause it was twice. Really? I called to complain today. Talked to a supervisor. Tauck doesn't do this.... afaik. Frankly, the only decent reason to cancel is emergency/safety. This enrollment thing shouldn't be an issue.
What did the Supervisor say?

Sayhello

As a New Yorker, I find the ABD offering for my city a little..meager. I mean, this is one of the Top 10 cities in the world. There's so much to do and see. The ABD itinerary doesn't really reflect that.

Agree! It seems like other companies will guarantee if there are any people booked for the trip. I find it had to believe they couldn’t have made this trip go even with 9 people. How incredibly frustrating. I really wish they would re-think this policy. Sorry to hear your birthday trip got ruined. If you get a chance to go on your own, definitely do it. NYC is simply stunning at Christmas time. All the decorations are beautiful.

Agree! It seems like other companies will guarantee if there are any people booked for the trip. I find it had to believe they couldn’t have made this trip go even with 9 people. How incredibly frustrating. I really wish they would re-think this policy. Sorry to hear your birthday trip got ruined. If you get a chance to go on your own, definitely do it. NYC is simply stunning at Christmas time. All the decorations are beautiful.

Yes, ABD needs to get with the times. As for NYC, I've been omo. Had a blast. But it was summer.
Christmas time sounds great. However, my birthday is actually around Veteran's Day, a month earlier. So, I'll probably go then.

Update: so got a call back from supervisor I spoke to. Was told there's "nothing they can do" for me. Supervisor said that if I hadn't already gotten an EBD on my next trip they could've given me that. Eyeroll. Cause they couldn't add another discount, right?

I told supervisor that I'm likely done after the adventure I have booked. I told her other companies at their price point wouldn't have canceled and I'll go with them. I told her I laid out my unhappiness and they aren't listening or caring that they are losing my business, so I'm taking my dollars elsewhere.

We'll see what happens. I told her to pass my words on to the higher ups, cause this type of issue drives clients away, not just me.

Update: so got a call back from supervisor I spoke to. Was told there's "nothing they can do" for me. Supervisor said that if I hadn't already gotten an EBD on my next trip they could've given me that. Eyeroll. Cause they couldn't add another discount, right?

I told supervisor that I'm likely done after the adventure I have booked. I told her other companies at their price point wouldn't have canceled and I'll go with them. I told her I laid out my unhappiness and they aren't listening or caring that they are losing my business, so I'm taking my dollars elsewhere.

We'll see what happens. I told her to pass my words on to the higher ups, cause this type of issue drives clients away, not just me.
They definitely do! I 100% agree. I hope they rethink their customer unfriendly policies like this.

Yes, ABD needs to get with the times. As for NYC, I've been omo. Had a blast. But it was summer.
Christmas time sounds great. However, my birthday is actually around Veteran's Day, a month earlier. So, I'll probably go then.
Christmas time is special because of all the decorations, but it is CROWDED. Every year we go to see the tree at Rockefeller Center and the light show on the side of Saks 5th Ave, then we get the h*ll out of that area because it's just jammed with people. The Radio City Christmas Show usually starts running in early-mid November so you could still catch that on a November trip if you're interested.

It's a bummer that ABD canceled your trip, but honestly you will be able to see/do much more on your own. Use the subway to get around so you don't waste time sitting in traffic. If you have any logistical questions or want recommendations, feel free to PM me. (I live in Brooklyn.)

Christmas time is special because of all the decorations, but it is CROWDED. Every year we go to see the tree at Rockefeller Center and the light show on the side of Saks 5th Ave, then we get the h*ll out of that area because it's just jammed with people. The Radio City Christmas Show usually starts running in early-mid November so you could still catch that on a November trip if you're interested.

It's a bummer that ABD canceled your trip, but honestly you will be able to see/do much more on your own. Use the subway to get around so you don't waste time sitting in traffic. If you have any logistical questions or want recommendations, feel free to PM me. (I live in Brooklyn.)

The ABD I had planned was early Dec. Not sure if the tree would even be up? I'm definitely not interested in right before Christmas. It's gonna be Nov. or President's day.

The ABD I had planned was early Dec. Not sure if the tree would even be up? I'm definitely not interested in right before Christmas. It's gonna be Nov. or President's day.

The tree goes up in November and is lit not long after Thanksgiving. I was around that area last Christmas in early December to meet up with my parents (I live here, they were on a day bus trip) and there is no shortage of holiday crowds simply because it's early December. You cannot even MOVE on 6th Ave. if you hit it at the wrong time of day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!