• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

nurse discount at swan and dolphin

princess-rn

DIS Veteran
I am a nurse...how much of a discount is it? I tried to check online and it didn't pull up a discount.

You have to call their 1800 number. I think it is 1 800 227-1500. If you can't get the nurse discount ask for the ALLEARS discount (available to anyone from www.wdwig.com's site). Both discounts are only available for some dates.

that the number of rooms available for the discount have been reduced over the last year. It is still a great service and much appreciated by Nurses and Teachers.

Don't forget to add on the $10.00 per day resort fee. They now charge for parking $7.00 Adding $17.00 per day :sad2: to your total.

I think when I checked, the Nurses rate was 150 a night plus the restort fee plus tax. It came out to something just over 180 per night.

Not sure if this is the rate all the time, or just value season.

We are hoping for rates better than that for AP holders at WL. :wizard:

Good luck. :jumping1:

It's listed as a nurses rate.

I don't know if CNA counts or not.

I would guess they think doctors can afford rack rate. :rotfl2:

As to others in the medical field, probably not, but I would ask. the worst they would do is say no.

If someone says yes, be sure to get the name of the person you talked to.

EMT's, firefighters etc. might qualify under the government employee rate, which I think is the same.

Teachers also get the rate. :teacher:

that you have to have a state license to be an RN. Just like lunch room workers, bus drivers, book keepers, etc. can't use the Teacher discount, only true nurses are to use the Nurse discount.

My wife is a teacher and they really looked over ther liscense when she checked in and even recorded the state and issue date. They said they were having to crack-down on this since so many have tried to take advantage of it by lying, making false forms, etc.

I also had to show my RN license upon check in. I work with a Respiratory Therapist that could not get the rate. I believe LPN's can also qualify for the rate.

I'm an RN, and both times that we've stayed at the Dolphin last year, we found a better rate through Travelocity than the nurses' rate. Just a heads-up!

Just make sure you understand the cancellation policy for any booking you make with Travelocity. It can vary.

I have used them in the past too, but not for anything Disney other than airfare to MCO.

THis is the first time I have heard about a discount for nurses. If it only good at one resort, or can it be used at the value resorts? Does it work with the meal package? Thanks all....and Happy Early Nurses Week!!!

The Nurse (and govt) rates are only at the Swan and Dolphin--the Disney hotels dont give discounts like that (in fact they havent given much discounts at all lately)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter