Number of days at Volcano Bay?

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
Planning a 4-day (3 night) trip for March 2020 in which we would like to have park to park access to USF and IOA. Originally I anticipated buying a 2-park, park-to-park ticket and then an addition 1-day VB ticket for each of us. I see that the USO site as well as other sites sell 3-park, park to park tickets . I'm determining whether it is worth it to do that.

Have people park hopped from USF or IOA to VB, or vice versa? Whenever we have done the Disney water parks for example, we spend the entire day there so I can't see us just spending 3-4 hours there before leaving to go to another park. Having said that my 3 kids are all in teens and really enjoy water rides.I know I need to work out the cost difference to see whether it is worth it, but posting here to see whether those who have kids aged similar to mine (16-17) enjoyed VB so much that they asked/wished to spend more time there.

For reference we are hoping to stay at HRH so that we can easily walk to the parks and get Unlimited Express to the theme parks. My understanding is that we would have to take a bus to VB from there.

well, I'm no help as my immediate response when asked how many days at VB is all of them. It's easily my favorite park and one of the draws of Cabana Bay for us is that it's walkable.

Would your family be interested in winding down there after a day at the parks? For us, we hit early entry but by 1:00 half of us are ready to go back to the hotel. The other half tended to then go to VB and chill.

I would think it depends on how your family functions. Are you all day park people? then the one day ticket would probably work in your favor. If you prefer to meander but be done by mid day and look for a break then VB is a beautiful place to do that.

Haven't been to USO in a while, but when do Disney, we either wake up early and go to the parks until 1 pm and then back to the hotel (where we chill by the pool, or our rooms) or we sleep in, and then don't go to the parks until 3 pm or so and stay until late.

Is VB a good place to "chill"? I've found that water parks if anything have been fairly draining for us (maybe not the kids). Especially if getting to VB at a time other than opening, will it be hard to find seating?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!