Now I'm getting a little scared!!

hipporina

<font color=teal>I keep Kleenex in business</font>
We are leaving in less than two weeks for our first trip with kids. We have 2 boys, 7 and 2, that we have had for 5 months. We have never even taken them anywhere for 1 night and now we are going away for 10! I'm starting to get a little scared! I'll probably get there and will have forgotten something super important! I just hope we all make it back home happy and healthy!

LOL. Better go stay at super 8 or something tonight! I would say the 7 year old would be fine, but I wonder how sure of his "footing" he is yet after 5 months. I bet if you have a room with two doubles and its one adult and one kid per bed things will be fine.

Good luck, and have fun! NO worrying allowed.

As far as forgetting goes, you're never far from WalMart or a competitor.

Enjoy!!

Welcome to the DIS! :)

Well take a deep breath and relax! :) You might have some haired times while there,we all do, but I promise you the Disney magic will help take it away pretty quick!

Just keep checking these boards.You'll find lots of helpful hints.You have 2 weeks that's plenty of time to get ready!

I suggest making a list of things you think you'll need.If you need help with this there are many here that can help.

I'll start you out with a few MUST HAVE items when traveling with kids.

Sunscreen 45
Childrens Tylenol
Hats
Comfortable shoes
Bandaids
They're lovey...like a blanket or teddy bear they sleep with.

Try this area of the DIS out too.

http://wdwinfo.com/Just_for_kids/index.htm

You need to relax and go with the flow...that will make everyone have a great time!

C'mon DISers help me out!!! :) There's more but mind is blanking at the moment!

My motto - If I forgot it - I'll buy it. Chances are if you forget something, it's not THAT important.

And most of all - Congratulations!! You are a new mom. How great for you and how lucky your boys are to be going to WDW with their new parents.

Just some thoughts to help make this a memorable first trip -
Get a Passporter to help with your schedule & questions & tips
Get autograph books for the boys for the characters
Film - film - film! You're gonna take lots of pictures aren't you?
bathing suits - they're gonna want to swim!
quarters for the arcade at the resort
buy the refillable mugs (are you staying on-site?)
snacks for the room
Disney Dollars for them to buy their own souvenier
two way FRS radios if you are concerned about getting seperated.
Any birthdays? Make sure everyone knows.
Most of all - just relax. You'll be fine.
Watch the enjoyment on their faces.

Mister fans from Wal-Mart (they are expensive in the parks)
You will have to carry them most of the time.
Extra shoes - one pair may get wet

My kids liked the pasports at Epcot. It was the only way to get them around the countries with interest. At each country there is someone who will write in it in their language.

Have fun!!
Oh, and be prepared for the "I'd rather go to the pool!" phrase.

Congratulations on your new family!!! Just take a deep breath and try to relax!! All will be fine. Try to plan out what parks, what days and make some PS to cut down on wait time at resturants, but be willing to play it by ear a lot of the time. Be sensitive to any issue either child may have with the adjustment process and try to anticipate any problems so you can nip it in the bud. I think a family vacation is a wonderful way to bond with your new boys. Again Congratulations and have a blast.

Jordan's mom

Give the boys a chance to pick something that they want to do. Take your time & enjoy all of WDW. The smells/sounds/people watching. Definitely take an afternoon break.
Have a wonderful time, I'm sure the boys will relax & enjoy.

Also, bring a fat pen for the autographs! Also, make a little surprise pack w/snacks & things to keep them occupied while standing in line/flying or driving.

We're here to help so ask ask ask!!!;)

Congratulations!

#1 - Anything forgotten can be purchased SOMEWHERE around/in Disney.

#2 - Bring a change of clothes to the park for the kids. They will definately get wet at some point from the "fountains".

#3 - above all....relax, enjoy and realize that you won't see everything during this trip.

Thanks for all the advice and reassurance! I'm starting to feel a little better! DH tells me that I'm worrying too much. I just like everything to be perfect!

I think part of the reason I worry is that I know I'll forget something silly! When we first got the boys, it took me about 1.5 months to remember to bring a diaper bag to church for the little one! :rolleyes:

Thanks again!

even if you forgot the diaper bag you could get a diaper and a wipe in a park - I know you feel foolish but we've all done it.

My best friend and I took her son swimming once when he was about a year - she had left the bag at home and the pool had none for sale - he ended up riding home with a towel round his bottom! Not ideal but he survived and we can all have a chuckle about it now.

Have a great time, my advice would be to have a plan but be prepared to change it, go with the flow and if they kids want to spend an hour playing in a fountain at Epcot rather than dashing to the next big ride, then just do it.
Also, be aware that some of the characters can seem scary to a 2 year old (they are big!) and some rides which seemed innocent enough to us, worried my 3 year old - I would start with something really tame like Its a Small World, and just see how he reacts, then build up from there.

Bev

You know what? I just wanted to tell you congratulations on being a new mom, and I'll bet your little boys will really surprise you! I am sure they will travel well and all will be wonderful! Call me an optomist, but I'll bet you will all have the time of your life!

Just take it a day at a time, and follow all of the advise and tips you've already been given, and all will be well! :Pinkbounc I am so excited for you -- and your boys!:D :D :D

thanks guys Im leaving tomorrow and I almost forgot to pack the bandaids and 2way radios!!!!!

One other little thing that might help make the trip more tolerable -- one of those fan/spray water bottles. We were there last weekend, and it was hot. I had bought the bottle DD, but we ALL used it, and it is wonderful! You can buy them in the parks for $15 - $17, or, you can go to WalMart and get them for $5.96. The kids get a kick out of spraying you, and it's a mist and a cool breeze, so you don't mind a bit!

If you're not already, you should be on your way very soon. HAVE FUN!! :Pinkbounc And let us know how it went when you get back home! Congratulations on your new family! What a bond builder! I'm so excited for you! :Pinkbounc

1 of the most important things that some people over look is an extra pair of eye glasses. If my dh or I were to forget these & we lost or broke a pair, our trip would be ruined. DH can't see his hand in front of his face & I would be dizzy with out mine. Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter