now how much bigger?

dvccruiser

always wishing upon a star
You always here wdw is bigger then dl.
Does anyone know actual numbers like footage or walking distances.

i don't know the footage but I was once told that excluding california adventure that DL could fit in wdw parking lot. It is truly HUGE. with all the parks around it too it is just way bigger.

Tania

Disneyland park = 75 acres
WDW's Magic Kingdom = 107 acres

All of Disneyland property = approx. 300 acres
All of Walt Disney World = approx. 30,000 acres

And the WDW MK's parking lot is 125 acres, so it could fit in its own parking lot.

This isn't about WDW MK size exactly, but you can fit MK, MGM, and Epcot comfortably inside the AK.

gcurling said:
All of Disneyland property = approx. 300 acres
All of Walt Disney World = approx. 30,000 acres
Periodically, a DL regular will show up on the WDW boards saying they are going to WDW for the first time and explain how they plan to walk from place to place. With very few exceptions (Boardwalk to EPCOT, Contemp to MK), you can't walk anywhere from anywhere in Florida. DL and DCA are a couple hundred yards apart. MK and Epcot are 2-1/2 miles apart.

I wonder if anyone has worn one of those things that tells you how far you've walked during a day in the parks. I'd love to know what the results would be, especially if you follow a lot of the guides and criss cross the parks a lot, walk back to your hotel room for a nap, etc.

Someone reported in the Unofficial Guide that they wore a pedometer to the parks on the 5 days that they were there and rec orded 55 miles of walking.

I just heard today that WDW is twice the size of the island of Manhattan!

WDWhoneymooner said:
I just heard today that WDW is twice the size of the island of Manhattan!
That's correct. WDW is 47 square miles. Manhattan is 23.7 square miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter