November W.I.S.H. Challenge - Here come the Holidays

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ariannarebolini/how-to-talk-about-food-at-thanksgiving
This article really spoke to me-I have been guilty of several of the examples and been made uncomfortable by someone else’s remarks.

Let’s try to follow the last bit of advice-to eat and enjoy our holiday dinner without the guilt!
This article was filled with great reminders! I have definitely heard many of these spoken, especially at the holidays. Sometimes to me, sometimes to others. And yes, that last one is so true! :)

I left the office yesterday with every intent to get out for a walk in the neighborhood in the evening, but when I got outside it was bone chilling damp and cold and by the time I got home there was a heavy thick rain coming down... evidently some areas got hit with hail. Needless to say there was no walking last night, which is a bummer because I know it would help me to feel better.

Yesterday went OK, got teary just a couple times talking with people, but I seem more prone to weepiness this morning... cremation is today, which really feels like the final goodbye. My SIL is making good progress putting together his memorial service. She's someone who typically can't/won't make decisions, so seeing her take this on is pretty impressive. I've got most of the slides my Dad took when we were kids and have been going thru them to pick out ones of Phil for the service. The oldest ones go back to his diaper days... teehee. My Dad was a teacher and a professional photographer, so the pictures are pretty nice. In the shots with all four of us kids, the composition is lovely but I remember what a pain it was to have him pose us and there's always at least one kid making a stink face.

I'm taking tomorrow off and then will be back in the office Friday, because I do work in retail even tho I'm on the tech side. Everyone is already in Black Friday freak-out mode, so it should be a fun day.

Last edited:

Woohoo Wednesday... at this point almost every surface in the house has been touched, so the house is feeling sparkly and fresh, and it is totally decorated for the holiday season. The exception is the little bedroom where all my craft stuff is, which I'll start tackling this weekend when I haul a bunch of stuff off to Goodwill.

Thankful Thursday... the cooking went well, the food was all tasty and I didn't totally over do it this year. For someone who basically only cooks on Thanksgiving I thought I did rather well. It wasn't a happy holiday, but went well enough.

Free for all Friday... had a couple work things come up yesterday, but this morning all is quiet... so far. I took the earlier 6am bus in and the only other people on it were a couple women who were very spirited... turns out they were coming downtown to shop and watch the parade. Then at Starbucks there was a group of three more women with the same high energy level. I'm grateful I have a good job, but dang, having fun like they are were would be, well, so much fun.

Last edited:
I can't believe it's the end of the month already!!

My goals this month were:
▪Make my 500 minute target in the exercise thread.
▪Spend more time outside before it gets too cold.
▪Try some new recipes.

I didn't quite make my exercise goal, but I did spend some time outside (from taking kids to the playground to setting up our new compost bin!)

I didn't try a lot of new recipes (Thanksgiving does call for tradition after all) but I made a crock pot chili I was very happy with and used a new mango glaze for Salmon that DH loved.

I can take the first week of December. Is anyone else able to host a week?

Week of Mon. Dec. 2nd - PollyannaMom
Week of Mon. Dec. 9th - __________________
Week of Mon. Dec. 16th - __________________
Week of Mon. Dec. 23rd - __________________
(We'll call the next week part of January, since it has more January days than December ones.)

I can’t believe tomorrow will be December! I worked out each day...including Thanksgiving Day. But I had my ups and downs this month with my eating. So I still need to work on improving my eating habits.

I can take a week in December. It really doesn’t matter to me which one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!