November park hours extending? [Update: Some Nov Hours Updated 10/13]

Do they seem to add FP+ after extended hours all at once or ride-by-ride?

I am attempting to go to Animal Kingdom on Thanksgiving day. I have FP for later in the day, but that won't really work for us since we have a 5:30 dinner reservation in Epcot. (There are 16 of us, so moving a dining reservation is next to impossible). So when AK hours got extended for 8am, I was excited. I have been stalking FOP FP+ ever since (just trying to modify one at a time - there are some people in my party that this ride is more important to than others). What I noticed was that this morning, ITTBAB added 8-9am hours, but nothing else. Now I can see 8-9am hours for pretty much everything EXCEPT Safari and FOP (Navi has 8am hours added). Did I just completely miss them? I could understand FOP being all taken, but Safari too? I have literally been checking every hour or so, but I am hoping that maybe they are releasing the FOP times slightly later? Thoughts?

Do they seem to add FP+ after extended hours all at once or ride-by-ride?

I am attempting to go to Animal Kingdom on Thanksgiving day. I have FP for later in the day, but that won't really work for us since we have a 5:30 dinner reservation in Epcot. (There are 16 of us, so moving a dining reservation is next to impossible). So when AK hours got extended for 8am, I was excited. I have been stalking FOP FP+ ever since (just trying to modify one at a time - there are some people in my party that this ride is more important to than others). What I noticed was that this morning, ITTBAB added 8-9am hours, but nothing else. Now I can see 8-9am hours for pretty much everything EXCEPT Safari and FOP (Navi has 8am hours added). Did I just completely miss them? I could understand FOP being all taken, but Safari too? I have literally been checking every hour or so, but I am hoping that maybe they are releasing the FOP times slightly later? Thoughts?

It has historically been ride by ride, or chunks of rides at a time. It doesn’t happen all at once, from most reports. There was a big FP watch thread a few months ago when the hours changed and I remember a similar progression of some rides added and not others... but they were eventually all added.

But kind of hard to tell if they just haven’t added FOP yet or you missed it.

It has historically been ride by ride, or chunks of rides at a time. It doesn’t happen all at once, from most reports. There was a big FP watch thread a few months ago when the hours changed and I remember a similar progression of some rides added and not others... but they were eventually all added.

Everst and Kilimanjaro are in the same boat on Sat Nov. 24. Still nothing for any of them. My guess is not open yet

November trip??? (Or just being a great moderator?!) :darth:

Hello! First post, occasional lurker here.

So back in December I believe I knew when I would have a chance to visit Disney World in November of this year, and I knew I wanted to stay at the Boardwalk, so I got my DVC request in as early as possible. And I was successful! I am staying at the Boardwalk from 11/5 to 11/8. I picked that block (Monday to Wednesday nights) because I knew Epcot tends to have extra magic hours on Tuesdays and I love being the only person on the Figment ride.

Tonight I check the calendar, and I see that not only does Epcot not have late extra magic hours the Tuesday I'm there--and I swear it did the last time I checked, though that may have been a few months ago--Magic Kingdom closes at an incredibly early 4:30 in the afternoon the Monday I'm there, and I don't see an event to explain it. So I guess I've just ran into bad luck hours-wise this trip? That 4:30 MK closing seems quite weird to me...and of course the one November Tuesday I'm there is the only one Epcot isn't open late all month. Guess I'm wondering if anyone has any theories as to why there are these negative calendar changes that Monday and Tuesday. Thanks.

That 4:30 MK closing seems quite weird to me...and of course the one November Tuesday I'm there is the only one Epcot isn't open late all month. Guess I'm wondering if anyone has any theories as to why there are these negative calendar changes that Monday and Tuesday. Thanks.

I'll be there the same week. I think I read somewhere that MK is closing for a cast member-only event. On the plus side, I bet MK will be pretty empty that day!

Hello! First post, occasional lurker here.

So back in December I believe I knew when I would have a chance to visit Disney World in November of this year, and I knew I wanted to stay at the Boardwalk, so I got my DVC request in as early as possible. And I was successful! I am staying at the Boardwalk from 11/5 to 11/8. I picked that block (Monday to Wednesday nights) because I knew Epcot tends to have extra magic hours on Tuesdays and I love being the only person on the Figment ride.

Tonight I check the calendar, and I see that not only does Epcot not have late extra magic hours the Tuesday I'm there--and I swear it did the last time I checked, though that may have been a few months ago--Magic Kingdom closes at an incredibly early 4:30 in the afternoon the Monday I'm there, and I don't see an event to explain it. So I guess I've just ran into bad luck hours-wise this trip? That 4:30 MK closing seems quite weird to me...and of course the one November Tuesday I'm there is the only one Epcot isn't open late all month. Guess I'm wondering if anyone has any theories as to why there are these negative calendar changes that Monday and Tuesday. Thanks.

The 4:30 MK closing on 11/5 is a special CM anniversary event.

THis is what I said above, this day in particular. with mk closing early the other parks are all closing by 8 or 9. So everyone on parks will be doing what after 9 pm on a busy week like this? disney springs?! It's concerning not one park is open late that night and even if it's just one you would have another park closed. I hope they're going to change it.

Did anyone happen to see if extra FP were released for the week before Thanksgiving (10-16)? I was busy yesterday and wasn't able to check as often as I would like but since it seems like Thanksgiving week hours extended before the hours the week before, I'm hoping FP will be the same! Still hunting for FOP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!