November Park hours and rides typically closed ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We always seem to go during the Flower festival time (May)
But the fall Food & Wine is inciting us to go to WDW in early November.

Are the park hours (MK & EPCOT especially) shortened ?
What are the typical park hours ?

Are rides closed for refurbishment ?
Is Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress closed? It is my DH favorite nostalgic ride.

Thank you for all the fall guests knowledge :)

Hours are a little shorter but I don’t think it’s really that much different than the current summer hours with a few exceptions of course. The evening hours during that time don’t often go past 12am at MK. DHS is typically 7 or 8pm. AK is around 6 or 7pm. Epcot stays at 9pm.

I don’t recall CoP being closed the times we’ve been in November but there isn’t an annual refurb during the late for that attraction.

Hours are definitely shorter. I have a friend who always went in the summer then took a trip in fall and she just couldn't stand NOT being in the park til midnight everynight. You will also have to work around MK's Christmas Party. They could have several, 3 or 4, Christmas parties during your time there and the park will shut down at 6 those days unless you have a party ticket. Also, the days not having a party will be more crowded because of the longer park hours those days.
COP has been open when we were there the week after Thanksgiving. We haven't run into too many refurbs at that time either.

Hours for MK are definitely shorter. Epcot seems about the same, AK was the same, but now that Pandora is open, the hours may be shorter. HS too early to tell.
We still love going during food and wine.
In the last few years, we have not run into a lot of refurbs in October or November.

We'd need your exact dates to be more specific, but....

Early November during the last (approx) two weeks of F&W is actually one of the few times of the year you see a few days with longer park hours at Epcot. Last year there were 10pm closings (and 10pm Illuminations) on the fist two Friday and Saturday nights of the month. The same is already on the park calendar for this year. Other dates are typically the 'standard' 9am-9pm.

MK is more of a mixed bag since you have the influence of the parties. Using the first 14 days of Nov 2017 as a guide (since it's too early to use the 2018 calendar at the moment):
9AM-7PM - 1 day
9AM-9PM - 1 day
9AM-10PM - 1 day
9AM-11PM - 3 days
8AM-11PM - 3 days
8AM-12AM - 1 day
8AM-6PM - 4 days

(That's 178 open hours for those counting)

If you want to compare that to, say, the first 14 days of May 2018:
9AM-10PM - 8 days
9AM-11PM - 4 days
9AM-12AM - 1 day
8AM-12AM - 1 day

(That's 191 open hours for those counting)

FYI, there is a CM event at the MK this year on 11/5/2018 and the park closes at 4:30pm - may want to keep that in mind if during your trip.

As always, park hours can change year-over-year - past is not always indicative of future results!

Hope that helps!

One notable change - no morning EMH Sunday 11/4 (presumably due to the rundisney event that morning) and morning EMH at two parks 11/5.

When do the actual hours come out for November??
I found an old post from last year. I think it was Oct 12 or 13 when the November hours for MK were posted as being extended on certain days, specifically to compensate for the Christmas parties. I am using Nov 2017 times for the same week we are going as a guide to predict what they may be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter