December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

Does anyone think they will have extra magic morning hours for the magic kingdom on December 30rh ??
Right now it’s just a normal 9 am opening time

Does anyone think they will have extra magic morning hours for the magic kingdom on December 30rh ??
Right now it’s just a normal 9 am opening time
We're counting on it for this year's trip! We've done MK on that date twice before and it opened for EMH at 7 AM and closed at 3 AM. If they don't do quite as long, surely it will still be extended beyond 9-12.

We'll be there 12/7 - 11. Unable to get SDD or FOP FP due to staying off site and everything is gone gone gone by 30 days out. We will make it work but I'll keep an eye out in case things open up. We're a party of 5 and I tried looking for 1 FP at a time and still nothing. Couldn't even get BTMRR on our first day! Shocked by that one. I didn't expect to get 7DMT at 30 days but there was plenty of availability for Space... so thought BTMRR would be available as well... I'll be watching this thread and checking the app.

We'll be there 12/7 - 11. Unable to get SDD or FOP FP due to staying off site and everything is gone gone gone by 30 days out. We will make it work but I'll keep an eye out in case things open up. We're a party of 5 and I tried looking for 1 FP at a time and still nothing. Couldn't even get BTMRR on our first day! Shocked by that one. I didn't expect to get 7DMT at 30 days but there was plenty of availability for Space... so thought BTMRR would be available as well... I'll be watching this thread and checking the app.
Don't know if this will help you feel any better, but our trip is on-site for a week and we didn't get SDD 'til our last day even with being able to make FP at 60+ I too was shocked at how unavailable FPs were - we had never had a problem 60+ days out before except maybe when 7DMT was new and again for FoP but we were still able to get them earlier than the end of our trip. We had a harder time getting FoP this trip than we did our last trip. I'm worried about how crowded this indicates WDW will be after RotR opens! :crazy2:

Don't know if this will help you feel any better, but our trip is on-site for a week and we didn't get SDD 'til our last day even with being able to make FP at 60+ I too was shocked at how unavailable FPs were - we had never had a problem 60+ days out before except maybe when 7DMT was new and again for FoP but we were still able to get them earlier than the end of our trip. We had a harder time getting FoP this trip than we did our last trip. I'm worried about how crowded this indicates WDW will be after RotR opens! :crazy2:

I wonder if it’s crowds or if it’s just more people that go in December are in the know about FP’s.

Remember last year - for the first time in forever (or, a really long time) - they didn’t do 8am MK openings all Thanksgiving week. Seems more of the same this year, unless something changes.

Remember last year - for the first time in forever (or, a really long time) - they didn’t do 8am MK openings all Thanksgiving week. Seems more of the same this year, unless something changes.

Yes I looked at that and was fully prepared to shell out money for EMM because of it. I'm so puzzled.

I agree, I'm ready to pay extra for DHS EEMH/AFTER HOURS during our stay in December. Alas nothing extra announced yet.

I’m looking forward to our upcoming trip next month but I’m also thinking this will likely be our last visit to WDW for many years. The current process of jumping through too many planning hoops too far in advance and feeling like we need to pay extra for the chance to ride headliners- it just doesn’t work for me.

We’re planning a trip with my DD16 and some of her friends for spring break next year and it’s going to be Universal and then the beach.

But they didn't add EMM to the calendar, so the point is moot.
I was thinking more of my own travel week (12/16) where paid after and before hours have already been added in AK and MK, and more general patterns where regular hours have been shortened and paid events added. I am still hoping for extended non paid hours for mid Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter