November 2020

I'm liking the 60-day thing and kind of hope they keep it. Although, I'm a little sad because I'd gotten the ADRs DD really wanted (she's an adult, but this was a special long weekend trip I was hoping to create for her- rescheduled from a May cancelation -and this one falls during her birthday week :) ).

Definitely not canceling and optimistic things will settle down by November and it'll be a great trip.

(OT for this thread, but I'm a little anxious about August - this is our family trip - getting canceled once they make resort announcements.)

This is true! I do like the 60-day window -- it's hard to choose where you want to eat 6 months from now. lol

I'm more worried about not being able to get into the parks. We have 8 days at Pop. I'm hoping to at least make it to all 4 parks at least once! I don't mind a slower pace either.

I remember when we used to have the kids run to get the paper fastpasses! And we didn't know what an ADR was back then! :rotfl2:
LOL!
We went for a day trip while passing through town 2017 on a Saturday at the MK.
We hadn't been to WDW since 2011 at that time. Didn't know about FPs or ADRs. That was sure an eye-opener....haha

I'm liking the 60-day thing and kind of hope they keep it. Although, I'm a little sad because I'd gotten the ADRs DD really wanted (she's an adult, but this was a special long weekend trip I was hoping to create for her- rescheduled from a May cancelation -and this one falls during her birthday week :) ).

Definitely not canceling and optimistic things will settle down by November and it'll be a great trip.

(OT for this thread, but I'm a little anxious about August - this is our family trip - getting canceled once they make resort announcements.)

I'm sort of right there with you!! We are AP holders at Universal and are planning a 4-day weekend trip there August 12-17. I'm very nervous as they're supposedly making the park entry first-come, first-served! I'm having horrible visions of standing in a swarm of people every morning trying to get in. Will definitely be watching to see how this unfolds.

I'm sort of right there with you!! We are AP holders at Universal and are planning a 4-day weekend trip there August 12-17. I'm very nervous as they're supposedly making the park entry first-come, first-served! I'm having horrible visions of standing in a swarm of people every morning trying to get in. Will definitely be watching to see how this unfolds.
Our original August trip was going to be Universal, but UO has told us they won't carry over (specially priced military tickets DH can buy) tickets to next year, so we thought Disney was the safer bet since they are pretty good with guest recovery. So we started booking WDW instead (who saw yesterday's news coming!?)

I did read UO was doing first come, first served. I hope your trip works out!
(We'll be watching too as we decided we are definitely not canceling our flights again. If Disney cancels us out, and travel is still allowed, we're going to find someplace else to go. If UO changed their stance, we might look into buying tickets if their July goes well...or we've never been to the Kennedy Space Center).

Today I received an email that my ADR was cancelled. We planned on November so Im confused because we had 3 reservations (bonvoyage, garden grill and beaches cream)

I log into MDE and only bonvoyage is gone.. at first I thought it was because it’s a character meal but why wouldGarden Grill still be there if that is a character meal too.

We are leaning toward cancelling all together but if by chance food and wine is still happening we will go. We have banked 2018 points that will be lost if we don’t go.. I’m thinking of banking 2019 too and have another month to decide.

Today I received an email that my ADR was cancelled. We planned on November so Im confused because we had 3 reservations (bonvoyage, garden grill and beaches cream)

I log into MDE and only bonvoyage is gone.. at first I thought it was because it’s a character meal but why wouldGarden Grill still be there if that is a character meal too.

We are leaning toward cancelling all together but if by chance food and wine is still happening we will go. We have banked 2018 points that will be lost if we don’t go.. I’m thinking of banking 2019 too and have another month to decide.

Disney is canceling all dining plans and dining reservations through the end of the year. ADRs will be booked at 60 days out from now on or until further notice. It could take them a bit to go through all of the dining reservations and do the cancellations.

**Edited to add: I feel like Disney is canceling the reservations so that they can wipe the slate clean and then roll out the new booking system.

Ending up changing my reservation to Cabana Bay at Universal as they announced today that on site reservations receive priority admission to the park! In regards to Disney, my ADRs are still there and I haven’t received an email yet from Disney.

It seems they are canceling them out of MDE one restaurant at a time? As of about 9 p.m. last night, 2 ADRs were canceled from our August trip (one was Topolino's which in another thread several others said theirs was also canceled). Our November still lists them all, including one at Garden Grill.

It seems they are canceling them out of MDE one restaurant at a time? As of about 9 p.m. last night, 2 ADRs were canceled from our August trip (one was Topolino's which in another thread several others said theirs was also canceled). Our November still lists them all, including one at Garden Grill.
My Garden Grill is still there but you’re right! My Topolino’s Terrace is gone. Still no email from Disney.

Thanks that makes sense removing by location..someone else had also said they were removing one ADR at a time as well. Hopefully we will still be able to go in Nov and rebook once that window opens.

We are looking at 11/13-11/19, I was just able to book our last bit of points on a standard 1 bd rm boardwalk, which I never saw before so I think ppl are cancelling dates or moving them around a lot.

Ugh I’ve rented DVC point for years, who new a dang pandemic would come. I really wish they would waive the no cancellation policy for circumstances like this.

This was supposed to be a big family trip, I have a studio and a 2 bedroom at Jambo but my sister does not want to spend so much money while her kids have to wear masks for their first trip and my parents do not want to fly for a while, understandably.

I know renting points is a bit complicated, but so are the times. Just wish they would allow us to use the credits later, I would keep one of the rooms for Nov and me and my hubs still go and then use the remaining credits for a later trip.

I love the 60 day thing because it will be so much easier to plan! My only concern is that gives less time to try and hope someone cancels if you are unable to get one of your ADR's.

I love the 60 day thing because it will be so much easier to plan! My only concern is that gives less time to try and hope someone cancels if you are unable to get one of your ADR's.
Not sure going forward, but in the past, I've had the best luck in the two weeks or days near my trip.

Not sure going forward, but in the past, I've had the best luck in the two weeks or days near my trip.
Good to know. I would be panicking by that point lol. I like to lock those down. I'm not looking for anything crazy this time so hoping we will be good.

Anyone else in here getting nervous about how many people are rescheduling for November?

With the way the new reservation system will work, since I have not purchased tickets and now they are not available for sale, ticket holders and APs who have rescheduled for November will get to make their park reservations before I do, even though I booked this trip back in December.

I am hoping they are keeping some reservations to the side for resort guests who haven’t purchased tickets yet.

Anyone else in here getting nervous about how many people are rescheduling for November?

With the way the new reservation system will work, since I have not purchased tickets and now they are not available for sale, ticket holders and APs who have rescheduled for November will get to make their park reservations before I do, even though I booked this trip back in December.

I am hoping they are keeping some reservations to the side for resort guests who haven’t purchased tickets yet.
I hope you are able to get good reservations, there should be a reward for committing so far in advance! This November trip is actually the 3rd version of a trip for us. Started with an early June trip, decided around April that even if Disney was open we wouldn't go, so I rescheduled to late July/early August. Decided just a couple of weeks ago that we still wouldn't go so soon, and rescheduled to November. So glad that I did! Now we're booked with tickets, so if we do decide to go we are in a good place. Not sure that we will though, just depends on what things look like as we get closer. We will not go if there are still no fireworks, shows and character meets. I don't mind masks at all, but we go for specific experiences and if I just want rides without those extras I can stick with our local Six Flags (which I'm looking forward to visiting in a couple of weeks!).

Depending on how long the current limitations stay in place, I'm not so sure November will be super crowded. Many families (that are not diehard Disney fans like us on Dis) will not do big trips this year due to financial concerns, uncertainty with the 2020-2021 school plans, public health concerns, and a general inability to make plans in the future due to the ever-changing circumstances of life these days. Hopefully it will work out for you and all of us!

Does anyone think the hours will finally be added once the parks open? I’m a little annoyed they updated them after the opening announcement and just stopped at November.

Does anyone think the hours will finally be added once the parks open? I’m a little annoyed they updated them after the opening announcement and just stopped at November.

I wouldn't count on it until plans are more solid for the fall... things are changing so quickly that I’m not surprised at all that they are holding it for now. Keep in mind they typically released the calendar right before the 180 day mark, which surely had to have been driven by the 180 dining reservation window. Now they are changing that window to 60 days so there is no incentive for them to post the park hours that far in advance anymore... as long as they do so before the 60 day mark, they’ll still cover off the need to see them prior to reserving dining.

Hopping on to say I'm cautiously optimistic about November. We were supposed to go Nov 2019, but had to cancel when my mom because very ill. Rescheduled to May 2020, which didn't happen for obvious reasons. I was able to book ASMo for mid-November right around the time Disney stopped all bookings. Like many of you, I'm in a wait-and-see mode before I decide what to do about that reservation.

I don't care about ADRs. I had amazing FP lined up for both of my cancelled trips, so I'm not sure how I'll feel about no FP at all. If crowds are low enough to keep lines fast enough, I'm okay with all standby. In fact, I think it would be nice to have lines that actually move without constantly being "cut" by the FP queue. My optimism says it might make the whole trip be like EMH, which would not be bad. Since I'll be traveling with a 5-year-old for her first real trip, the lack of FP and ADRs might work in our favor for spontaneous experiences. We can re-do the things she likes, and not be tied to things she ends up not liking. We also won't be crisscrossing the parks in pursuit of FP.

I've been in early November when it was unseasonably hot for that time of year - upper 80s. I'm hoping for more comfortable weather this time. I don't think masks will be as onerous then, and that gives us the whole summer here to figure out which fabric and patterns are most comfortable. I'm assuming K-12 will be wearing masks when they return to school, so by November, DD will have a lot of good mask-wearing practice under her belt.

The lack of fireworks, character meets, and shows has me concerned. A big part of our desire to go is for DD to meet the "real" characters while she's young enough to believe in the magic literally. I'm okay with her not being able to hug the characters. I'm not sure if I'm okay with her not even being able to see them. Hopefully, by November, Disney will have come up with some way to do socially distanced meets. And with lower crowds, I'm hoping that at least the open-air theaters might be operating. I understand why Disney doesn't want people packed shoulder to shoulder in MK to see the parade or fireworks. However, I see no reason RoL, F!, and Beauty and the Beast couldn't be opened with seats blocked off.

It remains to be seen if Disney will have all its resorts open by November. I have to say, I would not be upset if I were upgraded from ASMo. Of course, I'd be perfectly happy at ASMo because all the rooms are renovated, and DD will love the theming. But I booked it because the All-Stars were cheapest onsite option, and I'd love to be able to experience a resort I wouldn't ordinarily splurge on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter