November 2020

So excited that I was able to update my reservation this morning to stay at CBR! This resort was our first choice but when I booked there was no availability so we reserved POR instead. I had been religiously checking a few times a day and finally found availability this morning for 11/20 - 11/28. Persistence pays off :yay:.

We were set to do a split stay with half at Pop and half at CBR and then I just couldn't do it. I had to stay at our home away from home the entire time so I moved us over to CBR. We are booked in two different room categories so I'm hoping they will honor my request to stay in the same room the entire time. We have avoided CBR for the last three trips because of construction and the lack of a TA rate. We visited the resort during our last trip and it made me realize why we loved it so much.

We were set to do a split stay with half at Pop and half at CBR and then I just couldn't do it. I had to stay at our home away from home the entire time so I moved us over to CBR. We are booked in two different room categories so I'm hoping they will honor my request to stay in the same room the entire time. We have avoided CBR for the last three trips because of construction and the lack of a TA rate. We visited the resort during our last trip and it made me realize why we loved it so much.
We stayed at CBR for the first time last summer and fell in love with the place. The skyliner wasn't even open yet at that time, so use of this transportation option will be an even bigger bonus. We have stayed at POP in the past as well and really enjoyed our stay, but something about the relaxed, beachy vibe at CBR just really appeals to us.

We stayed at CBR for the first time last summer and fell in love with the place. The skyliner wasn't even open yet at that time, so use of this transportation option will be an even bigger bonus. We have stayed at POP in the past as well and really enjoyed our stay, but something about the relaxed, beachy vibe at CBR just really appeals to us.

We have stayed at Pop Century, Art of Animation, French Quarter, All Star Movies, All Star Music and Caribbean Beach and CBR wins hands down. It's funny because we aren't really beach people but the combination of beach and Disney at CBR is just right for us. I am so looking forward to our resort days and almost nightly relaxing in the hammocks.

We are skeptical, but we put down our deposit for November so we can book our ADR's!!!! :dumbo:Black Friday, we are Disney bound (hopefully :eeyore:)!!!!

We are sticking with our favorite and staying at CSR (although we toyed with the idea of trying out Riverside). 11th trip in 11 years :cheer2:

I got my ADRs today for the first part of our split stay! We will be at AKV For the first two nights so we got dinner at Jiko on day 1 and brunch at Boma on day 2. Then we move to BWV for three more nights, so on Wednesday I’ll log back in and try for dinner at Flying Fish, drinks at Oga’s, dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel, lunch at The Boathouse, and lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe. All but Oga’s and The Boathouse are new to us so we can’t wait to try them all!

I got my ADRs today for the first part of our split stay! We will be at AKV For the first two nights so we got dinner at Jiko on day 1 and brunch at Boma on day 2. Then we move to BWV for three more nights, so on Wednesday I’ll log back in and try for dinner at Flying Fish, drinks at Oga’s, dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel, lunch at The Boathouse, and lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe. All but Oga’s and The Boathouse are new to us so we can’t wait to try them all!

Yay for booking ADRs and getting what you wanted for the first part of your stay. We loved La Hacienda de San Angel and wouldn't hesitate on booking an ADR there again. We ate in Mexico three times in just one vacation because it's so good.

Yay for booking ADRs and getting what you wanted for the first part of your stay. We loved La Hacienda de San Angel and wouldn't hesitate on booking an ADR there again. We ate in Mexico three times in just one vacation because it's so good.

That’s good to hear!

Joining the group! Had a June trip, moved to July/August trip, and now moved again to November. Will be our 4th November trip in a row, my son has celebrated his birthdays at WDW for 3 straight years (will be 4 if this trip sticks). Looking forward to returning to Pop for a short but fun-filled trip 11/11-15. Would love to do longer, but he starts elementary this year so I'm minimizing the days I pull him out.

This is the first time I'm not telling him in advance. Which is good, since it's been rescheduled twice... Can't wait to pick him up from school the day before his birthday and tell him we're headed to Disney!

Love the Boathouse, we’ve been twice already and were planning on it for this trip too.

We are also staying AKL/BW! I however, did not have such luck yesterday. I knew it was going to be tough planning for a group of 10 but ugh. I got 1 of the 10+ reservations I wanted. Was up and ready at 545 only to be disappointed. Most of the restaurants wouldn’t let me book online bc of the size of the party so I waited till 7 to call...waited over an hour for the CM to give me different numbers to call which I couldn’t even do bc I had to start work for the day.

Guess it will be lots of quick service for us!

Any tips for planning with large groups?! I am dreading FP+ day now.

Love the Boathouse, we’ve been twice already and were planning on it for this trip too.

We are also staying AKL/BW! I however, did not have such luck yesterday. I knew it was going to be tough planning for a group of 10 but ugh. I got 1 of the 10+ reservations I wanted. Was up and ready at 545 only to be disappointed. Most of the restaurants wouldn’t let me book online bc of the size of the party so I waited till 7 to call...waited over an hour for the CM to give me different numbers to call which I couldn’t even do bc I had to start work for the day.

Guess it will be lots of quick service for us!

Any tips for planning with large groups?! I am dreading FP+ day now.

I haven’t planned for that big of a group, but one of my girlfriends has done a trip for 12. She said she called the dining line about once a month to see if anything opened up and was able to pick up additional reservations after her 180 day mark. For FP, she and her daughters each logged in and worked on groups of four. They were able to get most FP together, and they Also did some different ones for kids that didn’t meet the height requirements or grandma’s that didn’t like the big rides. Lots of planning, but they made it work!

I haven’t planned for that big of a group, but one of my girlfriends has done a trip for 12. She said she called the dining line about once a month to see if anything opened up and was able to pick up additional reservations after her 180 day mark. For FP, she and her daughters each logged in and worked on groups of four. They were able to get most FP together, and they Also did some different ones for kids that didn’t meet the height requirements or grandma’s that didn’t like the big rides. Lots of planning, but they made it work!
@tinabina919 I highly second this! We had a group of 15 on our 2018 trip. My family was the only party staying onsite while our friends opted to share a rental home. One of our friends bought her family's tickets at 45 days out so that's when I started doing FPs and booked what I could for as large a group that was available at that time. My friends then tried to fill in the gaps for the additional people at their 30-day mark staggering our FPs within the same hour but overlapping times we could ride together. Since we missed out at 60-days (I was a FP novice at the time and didn't realize the difference those 15 days make! :) ), we worked to modify what we didn't get to originally overlap and IIRC we were able to eventually get everything to overlap so we all rode together. (Edited to add, this was pre-Toy Storyland and we couldn't get FOP).

We took a similar approach to dining. Three of us would book groups of 4-6-8 or whatever we could get (and one of the DH's was willing to make reservations as well for a 4th reservation). Based on the recommendation given to us by CMs when we tried to book ADRs by phone and couldn't get for a large group, we showed up early for reservations and asked if we could be seated near one another (with crossed fingers!) I can't think of one ADR where we were seated too far from one another, usually, we were at tables next to one another. Even Le Cellier in that tight space managed to seat 12 of us in the same general area (the other 3 didn't join us that day). Disney really does their best to accommodate, although in a world of social distancing this might be easier or harder to do going forward, depending on the restaurant.

Good luck, I hope you can get the ADRs and FPs you're looking for! :)

We were able to book our ADR's this morning for our Thanksgiving week trip. So happy we were able to get everything we wanted at the times we wanted, including Ohana, Beaches & Cream, Mama Melrose, Chef Mickey breakfast (kids' favorite), Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern and dinner at Sci Fi on our HS day, as well as Be Our Guest, Garden Grill & Tusker House PPO breakfasts or at least I hope they are PPO times. Hard to definitely know this stuff since park hours have yet to be released, but based on last years hours, the timing of my days should be right.

Last edited:
Booked our ADR's today, was able to get everything we wanted including Ohana. We were unable to get Sci Fi, but I am guessing that is due to the popularity of HS park at this time. And the fact that we are going to be in the park the week of Thanksgiving. Also, that HS doesn't have that many TS choices. I am using Touring Plans Dining Reservation Finder to try and get Sci Fi or 50's Prime Time for dinner that night. No worries, it wont ruin our trip.

Just so happy our trip wont be canceled!

How is everyone doing? We just booked last week for 11/16-11/20. We were originally going to stay cash at POR Royal Room, but opted to use our DVC points for a studio at Jambo when I saw it come available. I made our ADRs and am so happy I did since now it looks like ADRs aren't available? It won't even let me modify my current ADRs if I wanted to.

Also interesting that the October park hours are released but not November yet. October shows special ticketed event at MK so I'm guessing they're hoping to have MNSSHP and hopefully fireworks and parades by then! I also see on October that there are some EMH listed. I'm hoping maybe October is a target month to loosen restrictions.

Last edited:
Lots of news broke last night. All ADRs will be cancelled through the end of the year. No dining plans or extra magic hours or even fast pssses. No character meets or parades or fireworks.

This is what I woke up to on my phone:

“BREAKING NEWS! Disney is cancelling all Dining and Experience Reservations, FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours through 2020.”

We aren’t canceling yet. We have time to watch and see how this unfolds but...wow.

Lots of news broke last night. All ADRs will be cancelled through the end of the year. No dining plans or extra magic hours or even fast pssses. No character meets or parades or fireworks.

“BREAKING NEWS! Disney is cancelling all Dining and Experience Reservations, FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours through 2020.”

We aren’t canceling yet. We have time to watch and see how this unfolds but...wow.

Not canceling either, but I do think we will see some things change but the ADR thing is actually not horrible.

If they have to limit capacity to 25 or 50% how were they going to pick who got canceled and who got to keep there ADR?

I read it’s now a 60 day ADR window, but I don’t really hate... I’m sad to lose all my good November plans but 60 days to plan is way better!

We aren't cancelling either! (11/16-11/20). I agree we have plenty of time and I am hoping there will be a loosening of restrictions and I am even hopeful masks will be recommended, not required by November.

I also understand the 60 day start from scratch ADR window. I think it would've been hard to pick and choose which ADRs to keep. My ADRs haven't been removed from MDE yet but I am assuming they will be.

This is true! I do like the 60-day window -- it's hard to choose where you want to eat 6 months from now. lol

I'm more worried about not being able to get into the parks. We have 8 days at Pop. I'm hoping to at least make it to all 4 parks at least once! I don't mind a slower pace either.

I remember when we used to have the kids run to get the paper fastpasses! And we didn't know what an ADR was back then! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter