I'm following along with all of you making FP. I have Slinky planned for 60+5 and I hope I can get it. I really cannot move that day due to GE reservations. We've ridden it so many times, so I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I hate that it's still so hard to get.

We're hoping for SDD at 60+5 as well (picking next week). I had our HS day and one of our MK days sketched out as potential swaps and I've gone ahead and swapped them since it's not looking good for SDD at 60+3. I wish we didn't like that darned dog coaster as much as we ended up liking it..but all four of us much prefer it over Mine Train.

I flipped some things around and I am ready for FP day in 10 days! Here's my strategy:

1. Slinky on 11/29. This is tricky due to the dumb tiers and our GE reservations. I'm really hoping for an early time before our SciFi lunch.

2. FoP on 11/28. Doesn't matter what time really. We'll have a late start and are not rushing around this day.

3. FoP on 11/30. Need a morning time as this is our departure day. Hoping for 9am. Might do this 2nd and 11/28 3rd. Will check the Dibb night before.

4. 7DMT on 11/26. This is 60+2, but it's not as tough as it used to be. Hoping for a morning time, as we like to roll FP all day at MK. Not holding my breath, though. EMM would be nice! Wish they would bring it back if they dump EEMH.

5. 7DMT on 11/27. Afternoon is fine, since we have a late start this day.

6. ToT on 11/25 evening. Not worried about this one at all.

I'll fill in the rest after those are set. I always regret my initial time choices, so I am thinking about it more this time. We are skipping Epcot this trip, so no need for FP there.

I'm ready to get this over with. Planning Disney trips is not as fun as it used to be. I've done hardly anything for this one.

I have been watching Hagrid's waits. I think I have a plan. 🤞It is up and running and we can ride 2x. :)

Just curious what your plan is for Hagrid's? We're doing a few days at Universal on our trip and I haven't figured out how to ride it without waiting forever.

Just curious what your plan is for Hagrid's? We're doing a few days at Universal on our trip and I haven't figured out how to ride it without waiting forever.

I know you didn’t quote me, but we have 3 days at Universal before Disney. We plan on trying to ride every day. Not really sure on strategy for it, but we don’t mind waiting. Just going to watch the times on the app. Early entry is for universal only, so we may go in and then turn around and wait for IOA to open one morning,

I know you didn’t quote me, but we have 3 days at Universal before Disney. We plan on trying to ride every day. Not really sure on strategy for it, but we don’t mind waiting. Just going to watch the times on the app. Early entry is for universal only, so we may go in and then turn around and wait for IOA to open one morning,

Thanks for sharing! Are they still not opening Hagrid's until 12? I was very on top of wait times when it first opened but now that it's closer to our trip I haven't been paying attention #logichasnoplacehere

So after running through the gauntlet that was getting the hotel and reservations for 5 people, does anyone happen to know why that first week of November is so busy? We had looked at crowd levels of previous years to try and pin point a good week to go that lined up with peoples vacations. Only to find out that nearly every hotel is booked up For the 2nd to the 9th and FoP FP's still went like hotcakes at 60+7 days out! We just barely got Mine Train and almost didn't get our hotel for a Cabin at Fort Wilderness!

So after running through the gauntlet that was getting the hotel and reservations for 5 people, does anyone happen to know why that first week of November is so busy? We had looked at crowd levels of previous years to try and pin point a good week to go that lined up with peoples vacations. Only to find out that nearly every hotel is booked up For the 2nd to the 9th and FoP FP's still went like hotcakes at 60+7 days out! We just barely got Mine Train and almost didn't get our hotel for a Cabin at Fort Wilderness!
It’s Jersey Week and Wine and Dine. We go every year and don’t know any different but it’s crowded! But amazing!

Well, we arrive around 2 on Sunday 17th. We'll head over after checking in at RPR and get right in line for it then. Hoping for no longer than an hour. I have read that times can be posted longer than actual, so we will chance it. I think DS can manage 1 1/2 hrs if we have to.
Then we will attempt RD Monday.

It was running more dependable, until the last few days. Hopefully it gets smoother by November.
I'll keep watching updates/waits until then. :)

No issues with getting FPs this morning. Got SDD at 9:55 on my 60+6. Glad I did it first, because after the first minute the site started crashing. When it started working a few minutes later, all the morning times were gone.

Other than the intermittent site crashing (such is life on a Tuesday morning on MDE!), I had no issues this morning either. I was able to get a later SDD on our 60+5 -- I'll work to refresh/modify that to an earlier time, but it will be fine if I can't (same for FoP on 60+4).

One thing I've noticed about this trip vs. our past trips 3/2016 and 11/2018) is how much harder it seems to be to modify FPs. I made my FPs 3 weeks ago. I want to move my 7DMT earlier (currently 4:30 pm for 2 people) and get FoP for 1 person. I've checked 3 to 10 times every day. I've seen 7DMT pop up about 5 times (all for evening times), so at least there's some movement on that one. FoP hasn't shown up at all. (I know my chances are better closer to our trip, but it would certainly make planning and coordinating easier if I could make the changes now, when our less in-demand FPs can still be switched around to fit the headliners!)

One thing I've noticed about this trip vs. our past trips 3/2016 and 11/2018) is how much harder it seems to be to modify FPs. I made my FPs 3 weeks ago. I want to move my 7DMT earlier (currently 4:30 pm for 2 people) and get FoP for 1 person. I've checked 3 to 10 times every day. I've seen 7DMT pop up about 5 times (all for evening times), so at least there's some movement on that one. FoP hasn't shown up at all. (I know my chances are better closer to our trip, but it would certainly make planning and coordinating easier if I could make the changes now, when our less in-demand FPs can still be switched around to fit the headliners!)

If they extend the hours at AK you should be fine.

ETA: I know waiting stinks, though. :(

Today was our Fastpass day and I got all the FP+s I wanted! We got FOP, Slinky, Test Track, Soarin', RnR Coaster, Peter Pan, Safaris and Yeti among others!
I did have a serious panic when I hit a roadblock and it wouldn't let me set up FPs for more than 3 days. I didn't know I needed to link my non-activated AP to the accounts. I was lucky that I had 3 days still on 10-day Never Expires tickets and was able to get the FPs to AK, EP and HS first!

Last edited:
A ton of Oga's ADRs popped up today for Thanksgiving week. I'm assuming as people get their FPs, they're dropping ADRs. I got mine and my co-chaperone was able to snag one for her family too!

A ton of Oga's ADRs popped up today for Thanksgiving week. I'm assuming as people get their FPs, they're dropping ADRs. I got mine and my co-chaperone was able to snag one for her family too!

I think they opened up more availability, because it was a ton. I made one for 11/30 and that's a bit far out for FPs right now.

If they extend the hours at AK you should be fine.

ETA: I know waiting stinks, though. :(
Unfortunately, I don't think they'll extend them any farther. It's for 11/2, so they're already closing at 9. We're flying in mid-day, so rope drop and EEMH are off the table, too. I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to get one, it just seems harder than last year. Since this year I only need 1 (vs 5 last year) I didn't think it would be as hard as it's turning out to be.

Unfortunately, I don't think they'll extend them any farther. It's for 11/2, so they're already closing at 9. We're flying in mid-day, so rope drop and EEMH are off the table, too. I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to get one, it just seems harder than last year. Since this year I only need 1 (vs 5 last year) I didn't think it would be as hard as it's turning out to be.

Ugh yeah I think that date was included in the last extension. I’ve picked it up same day several times. Even when it’s busy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter