November 2019 - Girls Trippin’ Again! - Completed 3-8-20!

What a fun girls trip! No judging here. I love all of the food and adult beverage pics. Drinking around EPCOT is one of my favorite things.

11/8 Continued...

Let’s see, where were we last post? Oh yes, we had just passed some droids on our way deeper into Galaxy’s Edge, and then we came across Kylo Ren’s ship...

CE49F55B-4CD8-4750-AA28-71A0B86F1756.jpeg

We must have just missed a little show or something because people were streaming away from there and we had to fight the crowds a bit to keep heading further in, where we got our first glimpse of the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy...

A6EE6D57-7BD7-469F-BA80-32C481C826F2.jpeg

Now my sis is not really a Star Wars fan at all, and even she was impressed with the Millenium Falcon. The area down there is so cool!

8BEB7967-6FA2-4B27-8124-FB61B228C290.jpeg

We did keep an eye on wait times for Smuggler’s Run all day and they never dropped below 90 minutes so we didn’t end up getting on it, and at this moment, we had something else new to do anyway...

415166C8-7EC2-421C-A42C-4999881E21F4.jpeg

...a reservation at Oga’s Cantina! For those of you that haven’t been there before, you need to line up no earlier than 15 minutes before your reservation and everyone in your party needs to be there to stay in line. Someone comes to get you and then you’re in! We actually lucked out and were seated at one of the very few tables there with two couples who were really great sports. It’s loud and crowded and awesome! The theming is fantastic!

2D3FFD29-958D-420E-9A32-D1465490995A.jpeg

Our server was in full character the whole time and quickly brought us our first round of drinks...

CE0BE0ED-CC0E-4560-866B-F9F9EEDF1837.jpeg

From top left around the table these are:

- The Outer Rim
- Dagobah Slug Slinger
- Fuzzy Tauntaun
- Bespin Fizz

We liked them all, but warning - they are all really sweet! The slug slinger was probably the least sweet of the four. The foam on the Fuzzy Tauntaun does make your lips and tongue a little numb, so that’s fun! And the dry ice bubbling action in the Bespin Fizz is a riot. I like this pic of the light fixture above our table that I took while enjoying these...

70AD70CF-5B8D-4C08-931C-8A5124C4E1F9.jpeg

Drinks are really pricey here so we decided to split a couple of non-alcoholic ones for our second round...

C78F9C76-84A7-45E8-B12C-7569F40E3541.jpeg

We had a Carbon Freeze with that great bubbling action again and a Jabba Juice. Both were good, but again, super sweet.

We were there closer to an hour than our 45 minute allotment so I’m thinking maybe the time clock starts when your server actually takes your order, because we did wait a bit for her. All in all, we loved the experience and would highly recommend checking it out!

We definitely needed some food after this, so we headed back out of Galaxy’s Edge to??? I’ll tell you in the next post!

Last edited:
You really were lucky to get a table at Oga's. The lack of seating is a real negative for us (along with the price of the drinks) and will keep us from going back very often.

You really were lucky to get a table at Oga's. The lack of seating is a real negative for us (along with the price of the drinks) and will keep us from going back very often.

@lvcourtneyy, I’m with you there... you’ll see later on in the report that we went back a second time and had to stand... it definitely was a different experience.

11/8 Continued...

After we finished up at Oga’s, we definitely needed to get some food, so we headed to a place that sis and I had been to but sis-in-law and niece had not... Baseline Taphouse! We grabbed a bunch of drinks and some food to split...

FFC1D8FC-E30F-409D-8AB6-1208F51AF219.jpeg

Here we have my beer flight, which included lager, Pilsner and Hefeweizen styles, sis’s exotic margarita with Yuzu and Midori along with the tequila and lime, and the coffee rubbed ribeye steak puff with olive salad. All was delish! We also had...

A360A0BF-CB4B-481C-BE3F-D3451FD22122.jpeg

...niece’s beer flight that was all IPAs, and the extremely yummy California cheese and charcuterie plate. That goat cheese with cranberry and pistachio in the top left corner of it is my absolute favorite. So, so good. Last, we had...

9E38BA7C-06E0-48CB-9317-AE32520DFD44.jpeg

... the Bavarian pretzel With yummy mustard and cheese sauce. This is way better than the regular Mickey pretzels, and I even like it better than the ones in the Germany pavilion in Epcot. Sis-in-law also had a full size Hefeweizen that didn’t make the pic.

After we ate our fill, it was sprinkling a little, so we wandered through the shops on Hollywood Boulevard and did some tipsy shopping, where I must admit that a few impulse purchases were made by all! We took one last wander down to Tower of Terror where we saw this welcome sight...

A5FA91E9-2A7F-445E-A967-CFE3E7BB40D6.jpeg

What what? Turns out the ride had been down for a while so we caught it just as it was opening back up, so of course we hopped on again and laughed at niece freaking herself out again! We decided to head back toward the entrance, and on the way, I couldn’t help but snap a pic of one of my favorite sights...

6D195B2D-891C-4373-8368-1E7BD86F9EC9.jpeg

Disney balloons just make me happy. Sis decided that since niece had been so brave on Tower of Terror again (ha!), that she deserved just one more drink, and of course, we didn’t want her to drink alone, so...

A358F253-024E-4E5D-A0C4-1702D8895AA2.jpeg

...we got ourselves these beauties at the Tune In Lounge! The blue ones are Dad’s Electric Lemonade, and the pink one is a Magical Star Cocktail. Oh how we love our glow cubes! And the bartenders in there are great... they’re very funny, and they mix each individual drink, which is nice instead of pre-mixed ones!

It was finally time to head back to the hotel, so we decided to walk back to the Yacht Club instead of taking the boat. I have to admit, our memories of the walk are a little bit blurry... but we have some video evidence (that I won’t share!) of sis-in-law and I dancing our way down the walkway, niece playing some crazy music on her phone, and sis giggling her head off!

We decided to take a quick dip in Stormalong Bay to sober ourselves up a bit before our big celebration dinner... can you guess where? One hint - it was at a signature that was not in our resort!

Continued in next post...

@lvcourtneyy, I’m with you there... you’ll see later on in the report that we went back a second time and had to stand... it definitely was a different experience.

Yup we had a second reservation on our trip that we ended up canceling. I'd like to go back and try it again but DBF refuses for now.

Baseline Taphouse! We grabbed a bunch of drinks and some food to split...

Oo everything there looks good! That's on my list to try still.

What what? Turns out the ride had been down for a while so we caught it just as it was opening back up,

Great timing!

11/8 Continued...

Hi all! I’m sorry it’s been a while since I updated this report... life gets in the way of my Disney obsession, unfortunately... but I’m back and ready to pick up where we last left off!

After our sober-up swim at Stormalong Bay, we got ourselves ready for a special 50th birthday celebration dinner for sis-in-law at...

Narcoossee’s! We hopped a bus to MK and then walked over to the monorail, where we waited, and waited, and waited... bad timing... lots of people leaving the park since the first MVMCP was that night, plus we were told the monorail had been down a bit. Needless to say, we were getting hangry after our long tipsy day, but after a little over an hour we finally made it to the beautiful Grand Floridian. We should have taken the boat... lesson learned for next time.

There was a beautiful Finding Nemo chocolate sculpture in the Narcoossee’s lobby...

4A1C2326-0FF4-4CFD-A271-EBD03155DE54.jpeg

It was so intricate! I wish I had the talent to do something like this. There were also some gorgeous flowers that smelled fantastic...

32BE89DF-35F7-45BD-8A07-C0F9374AE0A6.jpeg

We were about fifteen minutes late for our ressie because of our monorail troubles, but the restaurant was very accommodating and we only had to wait about five minutes for a table. We were so hungry that we forgot to take pics of our drinks and appetizers, but I do know a couple of us got Stella Artois and a couple got a nice reisling, and we split the crab cake and calamari appetizers, which were absolutely delicious. For our entrees, each of us got the surf and turf with sirloin and scallops:

053CF091-D8C5-4568-950C-7039D7C1EE87.jpeg

It was soooooo good! The scallops were cooked perfectly and my steak was a delicious medium rare... and those carrots and potatoes were fabulous. We were all feeling really full and decided to skip dessert, but our sweet server brought sis-in-law a birthday treat...

7E223683-828B-402C-BE53-A6D5FC07109B.jpeg

So pretty! Sis-in-law was so surprised and pleased! And this was perfect for her... she is allergic to chocolate (except for white), and this was a banana cream tart. We all tasted it and it was creamy, light, and a perfect ending to our awesome meal. I highly recommend.

After such a lovely meal, we all needed to walk a little so we headed back to the main lobby to check out one of our favorite things...

4C8370E0-F0D8-4127-A8E2-6B74D619D5F1.jpeg

The gingerbread house! If you’ve never taken time to see this, please do...it is so cool!

5D3A2055-53AF-4D8D-8B69-E0D570A94EC5.jpeg

It is unbelievably impressive just how much goes into it...

26076EB8-FF1C-4F24-8A0E-EBD8AC888702.jpeg

There are so many little details everywhere... like this Santa made entirely of chocolate...

9B4D93A4-3AB9-4872-B747-41E18D59BC1D.jpeg

And... it smells heavenly! The GF lobby is so stunning...

31AAD280-1D16-4E00-AF58-AB43BDCEB703.jpeg

We just love visiting and checking out the store on the second floor, where you get another great view...

29A40512-8337-4D9D-9270-2B84C71BCFD4.jpeg

Around 10:00, it was finally time to call it a night so we hopped on the monorail and walked through a pretty heavy rain to the buses. We originally had wanted to watch the MVMCP fireworks from the GF, but because of the rain it wasn’t a very good show... it was super foggy and you could barely see the fireworks, so tons of people were streaming out of MK and the bus lines were LONG. People were also pretty miserable... they had paid a lot of money for the party and the weather was so crappy that they were cutting their night short. We waited a good 40 minutes for our bus and didn’t get back to the hotel until after 11, but luckily, our monorail wait and that bus wait were the only two really long ones we had all trip.

Next up... a morning/early afternoon jaunt around Epcot and an evening at AK!

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
Your dinner at Narcoosee's sounds really delicious!

We were at that MVMCP in the pouring rain! It was rough for a while there but we ended up having a great time cause so many people left lol

11/9

We woke up to another beautiful, sunny day in the happiest place on earth... and another short walk into Epcot! I’m telling you, I think that is the best resort benefit of them all - the ability to walk right into Epcot. We arrived around 10 am and headed to our favorite pavilion... France! The Christmas decorations were so adorable!

1B97A155-A361-4857-9B12-EA8B761F6338.jpeg

There were three of these ornaments, although only two of my pics came out...

205820DD-84BB-4B38-828A-11C6152FDAE2.jpeg

So cute! We were on a mission to get some breakfast at one of our faves...

489699FE-853C-418E-B9E4-12CAB3DF9823.jpeg

What a bonus that Les Halles is open before the rest of the World Showcase! The tables in the alley right outside of Les Halles were full so we headed out by the fountain to enjoy our goodies...

49E2C21E-82A2-4391-AEB2-D9F56443BCA8.jpeg

Apologies for the already cut-into food. We got a ham and cheese croissant and a quiche, and both were extraordinary... and huge! The four of us split these and they made a perfect breakfast... along with our mimosas, of course. We really enjoyed just relaxing in that beautiful area and perusing the F&W menus to see what booths we would tackle next.

Once the WS opened, we wandered over to our first F&W booth of the day...Hops & Barley!

D5F06BBE-3AE8-4B07-8E57-1F07A9307231.jpeg

We split the:

• New England Lobster Roll: Warm Lobster with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise and Griddled Roll
  • New Brunswick Slider: Slow-braised Beef Brisket “Pot Roast Style” with Horseradish Cream and Crispy Fried Onions on a Potato Roll with Pickled Vegetables on the side
Both of these were delicious! The lobster was super tender and that slider... the beef fell apart and then you got the crunch of the fried onions... yum.

Since we were enjoying our table in the American pavilion, we decided to get ourselves a little dessert from the funnel cake stand...

6E0B0A50-990B-4675-B204-5721AFCA1A49.jpeg

... a Mini Funnel Cake topped with Vanilla Ice Cream and Mixed-berry Sangria Compote. OH. MY. DELICIOUS. That light crispy waffle, tart compote, and delicious cold creamy vanilla ice cream... this, my friends, is a gem. We seriously could have eaten a few of these, but restrained ourselves so we could try more at other booths.

We wandered down to Germany and enjoyed a little shopping. Now, my brother-in-law wants a cuckoo clock but my sister keeps telling him no, so of course I had to text him this pic...

C7CDD263-7E89-4B8E-A1EC-4E771FE58862.jpeg

And of course he told me to buy him one (although these can run in the hundreds/thousands), to which I sent this pic from my sis in reply...

ECA58D8F-32B5-491F-8456-F497C5A0D30A.jpeg

Ha! We will all be in Disney together in November and I can’t wait until he sees them in person... my hubby and I will just watch the two of them duke it out. 8-)

Next, we headed to another F&W booth... actually, two!

4C79771B-91CF-4B81-BAAF-1C481D01A805.jpeg

From the Germany booth, we got one of our perennial faves, the Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese, and a wine flight containing:

• August Kesseler R Riesling Kabinett, Rheingau
  • J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Kabinett, Mosel
  • Selbach-Oster 2014 Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Reisling Spatlese
We liked all of these wines, but if I recall correctly, we liked the 2014 the best. We are suckers for any reisling, though. Niece also popped over to the Brewers Collection and got a Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Pomegranate Beer, which is absolutely delicious! I was actually surprised she liked it because she prefers IPAs, which are very different than this... but that delicious sweet-tart taste won her over. I have bought this a couple of times at home now... it’s a great summer beer.

Where did we head next? Come back for the next post!

The view from your room is gorgeous!! We loved the Beach Club and Stormalong Bay, we stayed mostly in the sandbottom part but did try out the rest of the pool. My boys didn't care for the slide, they all said it was too bumpy (exact reason why I don't enjoy slides).

The funnel cake looks soooooooo good!!! My parents had a cuckoo clock when I was growing up and I actually liked it, I wouldn't mind having one but like you said, they are expensive!

Your post is making me want to do a girls trip. Too bad I don't have anyone else that likes Disney like I do. Guess my kids will just have to keep going with me (they're 19, 21, & 26) but that is getting a little pricey b/c I usually pay for most of the trip :(.

The view from your room is gorgeous!! We loved the Beach Club and Stormalong Bay, we stayed mostly in the sandbottom part but did try out the rest of the pool. My boys didn't care for the slide, they all said it was too bumpy (exact reason why I don't enjoy slides).

The funnel cake looks soooooooo good!!! My parents had a cuckoo clock when I was growing up and I actually liked it, I wouldn't mind having one but like you said, they are expensive!

Your post is making me want to do a girls trip. Too bad I don't have anyone else that likes Disney like I do. Guess my kids will just have to keep going with me (they're 19, 21, & 26) but that is getting a little pricey b/c I usually pay for most of the trip :(.

Girls trips are so much fun... and I agree with the pricey-ness of taking adult kids! My boys are 17 and 19 and we spent a ton on food whenlast took them because the eat so much.., snacks galore!

11/9 Continued...

We continued our trip around the World Showcase and it was starting to get really busy, but before heading back to the hotel, we made one last stop at a F&W booth that was a new one for us... India!

DD79802D-E334-49AF-85E7-9A0D20DCD2BA.jpeg

We got Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips, Korma Chicken with Cucumber Tomato Salad, Almonds, Cashews and Warm Naan Bread, a Godfather Lager (because we loved the name!), and a Mango Lassi with Sōmrus Chai Cream Liqueur.

We liked the chicken dish a lot - it was very flavorful. I wasn’t a huge fan of the dips in the other dish... the garlic one was WAY too strong for me, but the others liked the mango one the best. The beer was fine... nothing too memorable, but that mango lassi was deliciously creamy and sweet! Very yummy and one we will watch for next time.

We headed back to the Yacht Club for a quick swim, and when we got to our room, we had a great view of a wedding!

684A30BB-A3B0-407D-9C00-3DA40B0AC7D4.jpeg

Looks gorgeous, right? We told niece she should someday have a Disney wedding, and she said she’d want to have hers inside It’s A Small World, with a party on the Poly beach afterward! That’s our Disney girl!

After a refreshing swim, we headed to our next park... AK!

E1AF4217-DF87-4C1E-9872-449FFB7D2F54.jpeg

We just love that Christmas tree... and we also got to check out the brand new holiday decorations all over the park. They didn’t disappoint! Here’s a glimpse of the luminaries all over Discovery Island...

BC780D4A-F591-41C9-A54A-3733762AF377.jpeg

They are super pretty, and if they sold them, I would buy one in a heartbeat. The new puppeteers are also really cool! They interact with the crowd and are really stunning...

20DDA17B-B40D-449E-9112-567F31AC7FCB.jpeg

5346D1B1-DF5F-4AD7-9034-0E8D649F3284.jpeg

B2518DB0-88E7-446A-8911-81B427CBC6F6.jpeg

The bear guys were hilarious... the one in the back kept shaking his bootie!

We had a little time to kill before our first FP, so we headed to an old favorite... do you know what it is by this photo?

9D4A8CB4-62DE-4140-B295-51D348F373ED.jpeg

It‘s Tough to be a Bug! We always giggle like crazy in this show, especially the part at the end when the ”bugs” leave the theater before you stand up.

Next we headed to our most favorite ride ever...

635C82C7-231F-425C-B625-3E3DF060BD95.jpeg

Yup, Flight of Passage. It is so, so good. I’m looking forward to trying The Galaxy’s Edge rides to see if they become my new favorites, but this one will be really hard to beat. I just love that feeling of flying. Of course, on the way out, I had to take pics of beautiful Pandora...

5DE857CD-EA49-426E-8FC8-316E9B0CFCB8.jpeg

Just stunning.

11/9 Continued...

As we wandered our way through Pandora, we stopped and watched the drummers for a while...

6FA874B5-9B00-44F7-96C2-2280B82E085C.jpeg

They have so much energy, and the kids were having a blast banging on the drums and listening for the banshees!

Next we headed back across the park to our next FP, and on the way, we stopped to admire the new Diwali decorations in Asia...

339C24E3-5CAC-4A08-A085-28CD44CB8B8E.jpeg

They are just so pretty, and it was such a peaceful setting. The individual lanterns are really gorgeous...

4B6D7DB0-A994-46C6-B4E9-6F685990EE79.jpeg

I really love that Disney took some time to spread some holiday love around AK, and to celebrate different cultures as well. Then we were off to our FP at...

4707D098-4F63-4A1C-A77A-C1ABD7BDD8E5.jpeg

The forbidden mountain, Expedition Everest! We love this yeti...

D7EE368B-75DD-4F5C-A793-F3CDCF57671A.jpeg

Let me tell you, this was the first time we rode EE in the dark, and it is so much better that way! I think we screamed even more and it was that fun kind of terrifying that really gets your heart racing... I can’t wait to ride it at night again!

We decided to grab a bite to eat at an old favorite...

EDE56E18-1BF5-437A-923D-6C15D69C7945.jpeg

Ahh, Flame Tree BBQ... how we love thee. Sis and I both got their awesome pulled pork sandwiches, niece got pulled pork macaroni and cheese, and sis-in-law got...

6B2CD0A4-65A7-44A1-9318-695A1B0F7C0C.jpeg

...some awesome pulled pork fries with the amazing Disney plastic cheese. Yum yum! We found a spot near the water so we could watch Rivers of Light...

7AF6FA4C-6035-42F0-B198-87E771556633.jpeg

It’s such a calm and peaceful place to relax in the evening. We saw a couple of families with snoozing babies in strollers taking a moment to sit down and breathe... great idea.

After our yummy meal, we needed to walk it off a bit so we headed over to Dinoland for our last FP of the evening. I’ll be honest, this is my least favorite area of the park... it just doesn‘t seem to fit with the nature themes all around it. However - they did a great job decorating for the holidays! Check out the T-Rex!

9E8C53C2-505A-4B08-9628-463E633590B6.jpeg

Adorable... a Santa beard made of lights! Near Restaurantosaurus, we saw this...

F35F821F-A3B5-4F4E-85F0-B6E5C85F6DDB.jpeg

Totally adorbs. Everything was ultra bright and so festive with upbeat Christmas music playing in the background.

11/9 Continued...

We continued our way further into Dinoland and user our last FP or the evening at...

56AA7D28-D528-4AE4-9873-BEA608DB54AE.jpeg

Dinosaur! These ride vehicles are so cool the way they jerk you around. We always end up giggling like crazy in this one for some reason... not sure why we find it so hilarious, but we always do!

Once we got back outside it was nice and dark, so we decided to head back over to Pandora for a walk through to see it glow. We enjoyed checking out the rest of the decorations in Dinoland on the way... look how cute this truck is!

70888B9C-107A-44DC-9CA2-CF10E79D1FDD.jpeg

And these guys are a hoot...

84769CE7-F220-4782-BA99-E2792E5C90DD.jpeg

On the way to Pandora, we timed it just perfectly to watch the holiday show on the Tree of Life...

3B62F11C-0D7C-41F3-AA7D-3D646FBD509A.jpeg

Absolutely adorable. Then we wandered through the beautiful Pandora, just enjoying the background sounds and the glowing lights...

6B7468FC-BD5E-4418-BDFC-841E13068905.jpeg

Love these waterfalls!

F71FB399-BD7F-46E2-B776-5D6776640F81.jpeg

We always enjoy the glowing sidewalks, and my sneakers looked pretty cool, too!

08650811-F9F6-49BE-B641-1E64F5227FE6.jpeg

I admit, I’m obsessed with the waterfall...

600BAD07-450A-4F3E-8AF8-6AA82F6EE0A6.jpeg

And these little things are super cool too.

6E865706-9AF4-4E72-840D-9814FEDA73F1.jpeg

One more of my fave...

9220097B-A747-4FE3-BEB1-E30A25861C22.jpeg

After we took too many pics to count, we decided to head back to the hotel for a good night’s sleep. Where did we go the next day? I’ll tell you in the next post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter