**November 2019 check in ***

AP holders can ride RSR after the park closes from 8:30 to 9:30 on the 12th & 13th. Do they really think it will be that slow the first week of the holiday season that they have to add all of these extras? DVC party (14th), parade filming (13&14), Disney blog meet (12th).

Long range forecast still has highs in the 80s during our trip, lows in the 50s. So annoying to try to pack for that in just carry on bags. Grrr. Us Floridians will be too cold for shorts early and late and too hot for jeans and too lazy to want to walk back to the hotel to change twice each way, lol.

Long range forecast still has highs in the 80s during our trip, lows in the 50s. So annoying to try to pack for that in just carry on bags. Grrr. Us Floridians will be too cold for shorts early and late and too hot for jeans and too lazy to want to walk back to the hotel to change twice each way, lol.
Yes! I am feeling the same way. I am thinking will dress in layers with jeans and just deal with being hot for a little bit during the day.

For those of you worried about heat/cold, keep in mind that most the time this time of year, it's only at the high temperature for about 3-4 hours. And our heat is typically dry heat, so not like Florida where it's generally always humid. For packing purposes, if you pack a couple pairs of jeans, a couple pairs of shorts (or leggings or capris), t-shirts, a beanie and knit gloves for the night, and sweatshirts or a packable puffer jacket, you should generally be okay. It does get cold at night, but that low of 50 won't hit until the middle of the night.

I am at Anaheim right now and yes, hot but not humid. I plan to visit DCA tomorrow, we have a 5 day hopper ticket with maxpass (3 adults), we were thinking of viewing second show of World of Color 22h15 with Fastpass. So, i was wondering: What time should i look for the fp in the Disneyland app? What is the best view/color to try to get? Thank you in advance!

Just need to vent a little...:sad1:

My mom broke her wrist on Friday and is in the hospital. There is only a slim change they can do surgery early enough for her to travel...:sad: and if she can fly, doing it with a cast so early after surgery is problematic too ( they might have to cut it open before the flight and „repair“ the cut after the flight at a hospital) so it will be quite some stress to do it...
So right now we know nothing... if all 3 of us can go, if just my dad and I are going or if we all cancel...:sad: either way I still have quite a lot to organize to make the „decision“ work...

I have been looking forward to this vacation for over a year now and it was my bright spot to look forward to during my master thesis... I have been planning for a year... now nothing works out:sad:
even if mom can fly with us nothing is like we had planned... and worst for her she won’t be able to swim at Hawaii (next stop after DL) which will be terrible for her...

and of course I am the one managing everything now...(my dad isn’t that helpful) And I just have no idea where to start...
Though everything is on hold for now anyways till we know something from the doctor but then we (or better I) have to act quickly...

So, please everyone: stay healthy!

Just need to vent a little...:sad1:

My mom broke her wrist on Friday and is in the hospital. There is only a slim change they can do surgery early enough for her to travel...:sad: and if she can fly, doing it with a cast so early after surgery is problematic too ( they might have to cut it open before the flight and „repair“ the cut after the flight at a hospital) so it will be quite some stress to do it...
So right now we know nothing... if all 3 of us can go, if just my dad and I are going or if we all cancel...:sad: either way I still have quite a lot to organize to make the „decision“ work...

I have been looking forward to this vacation for over a year now and it was my bright spot to look forward to during my master thesis... I have been planning for a year... now nothing works out:sad:
even if mom can fly with us nothing is like we had planned... and worst for her she won’t be able to swim at Hawaii (next stop after DL) which will be terrible for her...

and of course I am the one managing everything now...(my dad isn’t that helpful) And I just have no idea where to start...
Though everything is on hold for now anyways till we know something from the doctor but then we (or better I) have to act quickly...

So, please everyone: stay healthy!
I'm so sorry! Your poor mom! (And poor you, too!) Please tell her that the DIS boards sends her good thoughts and pixie dust for a successful surgery and a very quick recovery. And big hugs for you for taking care of everything for your parents and going through all the trip uncertainty, too -- like you need more stress right now! Hang in there -- we're here for you and we understand all the frustration and disappointment. One idea: If she will be allowed to travel, can your mom get a waterproof cast? That might allow her to swim very carefully in Hawaii. A waterproof cast is even supposed to get wet -- doctors tell you to flush it out once a day.

I am at Anaheim right now and yes, hot but not humid. I plan to visit DCA tomorrow, we have a 5 day hopper ticket with maxpass (3 adults), we were thinking of viewing second show of World of Color 22h15 with Fastpass. So, i was wondering: What time should i look for the fp in the Disneyland app? What is the best view/color to try to get? Thank you in advance!
Read the first post in the World of Color Superthread and study the map of the viewing area carefully. The "best" view is totally subjective. Some people like the blue area because they like viewing from the bridge or the wet zone (very fun, up close view -- wear ponchos to be safe!). Some people like yellow for a more centered view or just because that section is larger so there are more spaces to choose from or because they like being further back for a "big picture" view. It all depends on what you want, how tall/short your group members are (the taller you are, the easier time you will have getting spots because you won't have to be up front), and whether you mind getting misted/wet. The viewing area map has very good information about where to go. Since you will be in DCA anyway, why not stop by the WOC FP machines to ask the CMs there what time you should look for second show FPs and which color will be handed out at approximately what time? Tell them what you want (e.g. second show, yellow section) and ask when you should start looking on the app or when you should come back to the machines.

I'm so sorry! Your poor mom! (And poor you, too!) Please tell her that the DIS boards sends her good thoughts and pixie dust for a successful surgery and a very quick recovery. And big hugs for you for taking care of everything for your parents and going through all the trip uncertainty, too -- like you need more stress right now! Hang in there -- we're here for you and we understand all the frustration and disappointment. One idea: If she will be allowed to travel, can your mom get a waterproof cast? That might allow her to swim very carefully in Hawaii. A waterproof cast is even supposed to get wet -- doctors tell you to flush it out once a day.
Thank you for your kind words...

Yes, our first priority is a cast she can fly with and maybe there is an option for waterproof as well...(didn’t even know they existed before reading about them here in various threads...)

I am just glad I haven’t purchased our park tickets yet so we are flexible if we haven to shorten our stay because we fly a couple of days later... (already checked with our travel cancellation insurance and rebook the flights for a later day shouldn’t be a problem... at least if the plane isn’t fully booked...)

Just got back from 5 great days! The Christmas stuff is beautiful and the food is so amazing this year. The crowds were absolutely insane this weekend and I've never seen longer lines for popcorn buckets in my life! Seriously, I saw people with 2-3 popcorn buckets and a couple ornament sippers around their necks.

If anyone has questions, let me know!

Just realized I never posted my dates here !

Leaving Saturday for our trip through Wednesday.

November 9th-13th stating at Fairfield Inn.
Also attending the Disney Parks Blog meetup on the evening of Tuesday the 12th !

We're going to the meetup tonight too! We've never been to one before. Have you?

Spirit jerseys acquired. At plaza having the parade viewing lunch. It’s good, but way too much food!

How was the Plaza Parade Viewing Lunch? I have it booked for CP weekend in december (2A, 1C) and would love a review!

Last edited:
The lunch was good, but way too much food. The Mac and cheese was just ok, everything else was good. Parade viewing was great, it’s near the flag pole to the curb. We had plenty of space to sit. The parade started near there. There was also a pasta option.

We're going to the meetup tonight too! We've never been to one before. Have you?

No I never have ! I'll be in a wine color lace dress, peppermint minnie ears , and Disney ornament leggings. I'm really excited !

The lunch was good, but way too much food. The Mac and cheese was just ok, everything else was good. Parade viewing was great, it’s near the flag pole to the curb. We had plenty of space to sit. The parade started near there. There was also a pasta option.
Did they allow other people into the reserved area once the parade began or did it stay roped off for people who paid for the package?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter