November 2018 Discount Watch

We will be there the 10th-17th. I don't know where to find this kind of info, but in the past have there been room only discounts for that period of time in the month? We usually go earlier in the Fall so I am unsure what to expect in November. Hoping that since we won't be getting a free dining RO discount something else will open up.

We will be there the 10th-17th. I don't know where to find this kind of info, but in the past have there been room only discounts for that period of time in the month? We usually go earlier in the Fall so I am unsure what to expect in November. Hoping that since we won't be getting a free dining RO discount something else will open up.
I’m sure once we get closer to the release dates the verterans on the board will provide good date info.

this is what Mousesavers has for last years later Fall RO disounts:

10/8/17-12/24/17 10%-20% off room-only rates for general public (blacked out weekends from 10/8-11/11, also 11/22-11/24).

Waiting for RO here too. Our dates worked for FD, we’re there for a week and we get hoppers anyways...but we aren’t willing to give up the Poly

I too am looking for RO discount beginning November 15-21. I'm not too hopeful based on the Free Dining dates that were just released. Most of November excluded except right after Thanksgiving. For those wondering, last years RO discount came out on July 17th. Don't know the exact time but it became available that day, and it covered October to year end. I'm guessing that demand is high enough for the past"slow" times that there is no need to offer free dining or room discounts anymore. I'm also thinking that with everything new opening that those typical slow times have been figured out and people book rooms hoping for discounts later. I'm still going, discount or not..so I guess I'm case in point. I will update as time goes on for any interested. Looking for Wilderness Lodge discount.

Sorry for the confusion. Free dining was available the week we went but we did the room discount. We saved money by buying Disney gift cards at Target with our red card. Then purchased food when we wanted to eat. We did quick serve meals and ate well.. ended up saving about $300.00 for the week. The room only discount was added by me online when the offer came out
So you can do it yourself online, don't have to call and wait on phone forever? Thanks!

Also watching for RO, but am not optimistic since I am going down fro W&D race weekend, with only a day on either side. For weekend blackouts, do others know if it was still possible to get discounts for the Friday before or Monday after, but still pay full rates for the weekend? I have a reservation now, so am hoping some bits of it will get a little cheaper...

Looking for RO discounts for 11/2-10. Our 180 dining reservation date is coming this week. Should I make a resort reservation to secure dining, and will I be able to modify it when the rates drop? I started researching rates and found good deals for all resorts last Thursday - then Friday came with news of free dining, now I am finding little availability (with high rates) for those dates, even though they are not part of free dining. Is it possible more rooms will open up?

Waiting on RO for the last week of November. I might do a split stay at Universal & Disney...it'll be my first time doing Uni solo, so that'll be interesting!

Looking for RO discounts for 11/2-10. Our 180 dining reservation date is coming this week. Should I make a resort reservation to secure dining, and will I be able to modify it when the rates drop? I started researching rates and found good deals for all resorts last Thursday - then Friday came with news of free dining, now I am finding little availability (with high rates) for those dates, even though they are not part of free dining. Is it possible more rooms will open up?

I would highly suggest making room reservations now. That will allow you to make dining reservations this week which is helpful if you are going to popular places such as BOG or California Grill. Rooms will open up plenty in between now and November, but you will need to check often and they will likely be scattered. If rates drop you can make modifications. At least secure yourself in something in your price range now and hope you can upgrade to something else down the road.

I would highly suggest making room reservations now. That will allow you to make dining reservations this week which is helpful if you are going to popular places such as BOG or California Grill. Rooms will open up plenty in between now and November, but you will need to check often and they will likely be scattered. If rates drop you can make modifications. At least secure yourself in something in your price range now and hope you can upgrade to something else down the road.

Thank you for the advice!!

Nope, it's just to the end-ish of October right now. But they released the party dates, so that helps! If you're going after Thanksgiving.

No, I am earlier than Thanksgiving, and have to pick dining next week, so I am looking for those hours so I know which parks I want to be in each day

No, I am earlier than Thanksgiving, and have to pick dining next week, so I am looking for those hours so I know which parks I want to be in each day
Aww bummer. You'll probably have to wait a few more weeks then. There are websites that have historical hours so you could try looking at the November hours for 2017 & go from there.

Aww bummer. You'll probably have to wait a few more weeks then. There are websites that have historical hours so you could try looking at the November hours for 2017 & go from there.

I thought they release 6 months in advance (or at least they used to). Every previous trip, I had hours for the parks before doing ADRs

I thought they release 6 months in advance (or at least they used to). Every previous trip, I had hours for the parks before doing ADRs
That's what I thought too, but when I look for November I'm getting only up to October. On the other hand, the park hours seem to change constantly these days. The past 4 times I've gone they've changed the park hours 2-3 times before my trip. It sort of screws me up, because I already have rope drop & stuff planned, and then suddenly a different park is opening 2 hours earlier or MK goes from closing at 10pm to 12am, and I can't take advantage of it. :/

That's what I thought too, but when I look for November I'm getting only up to October. On the other hand, the park hours seem to change constantly these days. The past 4 times I've gone they've changed the park hours 2-3 times before my trip. It sort of screws me up, because I already have rope drop & stuff planned, and then suddenly a different park is opening 2 hours earlier or MK goes from closing at 10pm to 12am, and I can't take advantage of it. :/

they release park hours 6 months in advance, then "finalize" them a few weeks before the month starts and mess up our FP+ and ADRs. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am using the calendar for November 2018 posted on Kenny the Pirate's website within the last week. I know things might change but I am finding it helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter