November 2017 Discount and Code watch

I am waiting for the AP discount for November. Hopefully will be released beginning of Aug

The AP discount that came out for Sept/Oct was a mess. Very low availability, it wasn't announced to Passholders, it wasn't on the website, but CMs could book it over the phone. I'm waiting for the AP discount as well, but I'm not holding my breath I will get it, so I went ahead and got the Magical Holiday offer in case I can't get the AP discount.

The AP discount that came out for Sept/Oct was a mess. Very low availability, it wasn't announced to Passholders, it wasn't on the website, but CMs could book it over the phone. I'm waiting for the AP discount as well, but I'm not holding my breath I will get it, so I went ahead and got the Magical Holiday offer in case I can't get the AP discount.

Yes!! That is exactly the way I see it too. I really have low expectations for any AP discount for November. There just sin't much left to offer as every resort is very nearly full. If the magical Holiday offer is this skimpy, I even wonder if there will be an AP offer at all.

Yes!! That is exactly the way I see it too. I really have low expectations for any AP discount for November. There just sin't much left to offer as every resort is very nearly full. If the magical Holiday offer is this skimpy, I even wonder if there will be an AP offer at all.

I fear that you may be right. That's kind of a bummer because it's part of the reason I got an AP. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hi folks......I was just able to get the Holiday Room only discount for POP Century from Monday 11/06 through 11/10 (we leave on 11/11) on a Preferred Room (only room type that seemed to be available). It wasn't a huge savings ($60) but it was a reduction, so I'm pleased. I wasn't expecting anything. BTW we start of trip on Sat 11/04 at Ft Wilderness Cabins and those dates were blacked out for this discount. :oops:

Now we wait for AP discounts...............if any. :D

Doug :goofy:

Exactly, it was one of the major reasons we also got the AP. I'm not sure we will renew for next year.

I don't know if I will either. This trip is mostly for my daughter's bday, but also because I wanted to get more use out my AP. I don't want feel like i wasted my money. Although my savings on Dooney and Bourke bags this last year has helped. LOL!

Did anyone get a discount at the POLY when they came out and if so what kind of room? Just wondering if there's a chance someone would cancel. 10% would be better than nothing. Although, before the discount I couldn't find ANY regular rooms available even at rack-rate.

Did anyone get a discount at the POLY when they came out and if so what kind of room? Just wondering if there's a chance someone would cancel. 10% would be better than nothing. Although, before the discount I couldn't find ANY regular rooms available even at rack-rate.

If there is no availability at rack rate, I would be very surprised to see a discount offered!

Do you have a room booked? If someone cancels, I would expect it to become available at rack rate, not likely a discounted rate.

If you don't have a booking, you might need to look at what is available and get something booked fairly soon. Resorts seem to be pretty full for November this year.

If there is no availability at rack rate, I would be very surprised to see a discount offered!

Do you have a room booked? If someone cancels, I would expect it to become available at rack rate, not likely a discounted rate.

If you don't have a booking, you might need to look at what is available and get something booked fairly soon. Resorts seem to be pretty full for November this year.

The day after the discounts came out regular POLY rooms became available at rack. I guess people had cancelled and switched. They were not there before. This ended-up only costing $100 more than what we had booked already. This way everyone has a real-bed and want have to sleep on a sleeper sofa.

If some of the club-level rooms became available at the discount I might consider upgrading though.

Barely anything available for my dates of 11/28 to 12/2 even at rack rate.

Decided to book Portofino Bay - club level for $1600 for 4 nights.

If Disney doesn't give up any inventory then I guess I will stay at Universal instead!

The day after the discounts came out regular POLY rooms became available at rack. I guess people had cancelled and switched. They were not there before. This ended-up only costing $100 more than what we had booked already. This way everyone has a real-bed and want have to sleep on a sleeper sofa.

If some of the club-level rooms became available at the discount I might consider upgrading though.

For December, we moved our rack rate 8 nights at the Beach Club Garden View to discounted 5 nights Poly CL-GV and discounted 3 nights Beach Club Standard View and paid almost exactly the same.

I couldn't get the Holiday discount applied to my Poly room. I'm getting pretty disgusted and think I might cancel our trip altogether. We're booked in the dates that were supposedly part of free dining, but couldn't get free dining applied. So I thought maybe we'd at least get a room discount, and now we can't get that either. We're booked for the week of Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure $9,000 for our family (that's WITHOUT flights) is in the cards. Sorry for being negative, just tired of being continually disappointed. I know I could (possibly) switch to a cheaper resort, but the Poly is a huge part of the experience for us, and we're a family of 5 so the Poly is a good space for us. :( :( :(

For December, we moved our rack rate 8 nights at the Beach Club Garden View to discounted 5 nights Poly CL-GV and discounted 3 nights Beach Club Standard View and paid almost exactly the same.
That's what I'm trying to do now. I can get a discounted 3 night yacht club gv and 3 night rack rate akl for $500 less than our 6 night akl rack rate. Only thing is we are staying 2 nights somewhere else beforehand and that would be 3 switches! I am continuously trying all different ways to get a good discount. I'm going to be persistent until our final payment is due

I couldn't get the Holiday discount applied to my Poly room. I'm getting pretty disgusted and think I might cancel our trip altogether. We're booked in the dates that were supposedly part of free dining, but couldn't get free dining applied. So I thought maybe we'd at least get a room discount, and now we can't get that either. We're booked for the week of Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure $9,000 for our family (that's WITHOUT flights) is in the cards. Sorry for being negative, just tired of being continually disappointed. I know I could (possibly) switch to a cheaper resort, but the Poly is a huge part of the experience for us, and we're a family of 5 so the Poly is a good space for us. :( :( :(
Aww. Sorry. I get it. I can't believe they didn't give you free dining! That's upsetting because it's the best discount. I'm spending about $3,000 on dining this upcoming trip.

I canceled once because we didn't get free dining. (My dates didn't coincide for first time in years.) They called me a few times afterward checking to see if there was anything they could do for me to get me to rebook. I didn't bother calling back because I booked Universal instead.

So this year I didn't get free dining and I called the same CM that called me last time and she was like "Why are you calling me? There's nothing I can do to help you if you can't get free dining. I can't do anything the system won't allow anyone else to do for you," and I was like "So why did you call me last time asking me to call you back to see if there was any way you could get me to keep my reservation?" She was like "Well I thought maybe you could change your dates." I was like "Seriously? You called me three times to see if I could change my dates??"

OMG. IF I WANTED TO JUST CHANGE MY DATES I WOULD HAVE. I was pissed. Lol.

So you did get the 10% discount on the POLY CL-GV? Someone could cancel that and I might switch, but we need 2 rooms. What's the chance of that happening?

Barely anything available for my dates of 11/28 to 12/2 even at rack rate.

Decided to book Portofino Bay - club level for $1600 for 4 nights.

If Disney doesn't give up any inventory then I guess I will stay at Universal instead!

This is EXACTLY what we did last year!!!! We travel the same two weeks every year. Typically get anywhere from 25-30% off with either AP or public discount. Last year, our family had 3 Poly CL rooms booked. Waited for the general discount - couldn't get one. Waited for AP rate... couldn't get one!!!! Tried switching to another CL with an available discount but there were no CL rooms (or any Deluxe hotel rooms) available at any resort! We ended up canceling all of our rooms and stayed for the first time at a Universal property. It was the first time in awhile ( not sure if at all) that Free Dining was offered during our weeks and I truly believe that's why there was little to no availability for discounts. I think it's the same again this year. I never thought I'd stay on Universal property but I was so upset we couldn't get any discount and we refuse to pay rack rate. We love our Disney vacations and we know we spend a lot of money- but it's SO hard to justify paying rack rate, knowing we haven't received less than 25% in the past. Stinks but will keep trying! Good luck everyone!!

This is EXACTLY what we did last year!!!! We travel the same two weeks every year. Typically get anywhere from 25-30% off with either AP or public discount. Last year, our family had 3 Poly CL rooms booked. Waited for the general discount - couldn't get one. Waited for AP rate... couldn't get one!!!! Tried switching to another CL with an available discount but there were no CL rooms (or any Deluxe hotel rooms) available at any resort! We ended up canceling all of our rooms and stayed for the first time at a Universal property. It was the first time in awhile ( not sure if at all) that Free Dining was offered during our weeks and I truly believe that's why there was little to no availability for discounts. I think it's the same again this year. I never thought I'd stay on Universal property but I was so upset we couldn't get any discount and we refuse to pay rack rate. We love our Disney vacations and we know we spend a lot of money- but it's SO hard to justify paying rack rate, knowing we haven't received less than 25% in the past. Stinks but will keep trying! Good luck everyone!!
So? How are the universal properties compared to wdw?

They're very nice, but there were a few things we missed. We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel, one of their top of the line resorts, which had beautiful rooms, an amazing pool and slide, but no balconies. The room was filled with so much air freshener it made my 7 year old asthmatic child wheeze, and there was no way to open a window to air it out, nor could they move us (or they just wouldn't). They brought in a fan, which, of course, did no good. I kept thinking, "Disney would handle this differently and better." We only stayed one or two nights, then moved to Beach Club (as was our plan), and it felt like home. The Portofino Resort does have some balconies and it's gorgeous, but we haven't stayed there. I would give it a try if we decided to do Universal.

Last edited:

Surprisingly, we LOVED Portofino! We were going to stay again this year, until our friends convinced us to stay at YC with them. Portofino is a beautiful hotel, CL food was good, would definitely stay again. We've been going to Disney pretty much every year since 2004. I'm hoping last year and this year are just a fluke discount wise (although AP discounts haven't come out yet). We Love our Disney vacations, but if they're not going to give a little, I'm willing to stay elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter